Page 1 of 150 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Ultimate Apocalypse - 1.73.4 Released!

Necrons Ultimate Apocalypse - 1.73.4 Released!

Ultimate Apocalypse on MOD DB | U.A. Main Group on Steam! | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | Halls of Gorgeous (HOG)

The Apocalypse mod Grand Release is now available for download below!
    We're accepting donations, the donations are very appreciated and optional, as it will speed up the progress of this mod by a lot. Thank you!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Description:
    The Apocalypse mod team proudly presents to the audience and fans of Dawn of War, a two year long waited content filled and epic release of all time, the Ultimate Apocalypse mod Grand Release, 2012. In production unreleased to the crowd for a long time, the Apocalypse mod Alpha Internal, the "mother of the Grand Release" was reworked towards the extreme. Featuring dozens of new content, no other mod will have, this mod lets you do the unthinkable unlike any DOW mod. Do you imagine the largest Warhammer40k scale battles topped with balance for all races? Do you ever want to experience your spine throttling like crazy with good feelings over, and over, and over? Do you hate having your squads limited by Relic's balance system? Do you want to see your enemies nuked by the abilities of your own superweapon, or steamroll them with many titans fighting other titans with complete balance? This is your mod. This is one of the best DOW mods.

Furthermore, this mod has the better gameplay, feel, and epic features that no other mod can ever match, with facts supported, a flawless 9.8/10 review compared to other DOW mods that only reach up to a 9.5/10 rating. And this was rated for the beta. The Grand Release is available now, today! Below is the trailer of this mod, watch it, and let your mind get blown!

Spoiler

Please put your volume on highest possible. No sound, no watch. You have been warned!

Download the Ultimate Apocalypse Mods!

Apocalypse Mod Team

News - Very Important!

Credits goes to...

Last edited by Cylarne_04; 8th Jul 14 at 6:46 PM.

What if you first posted that warnings.log we've told you about? This would certainly help solve your problems re. that 1.xx.xx version you guys have permanently crashing. Location is in the SS root folder, easy as pie.
    We look to the heavens so that one day our children may look back towards home.

Necrons The Apocalypse for the Apocalypse

Ok lads thanks to Cylarne_04, who forced me to make my next turn ^^, comes another potential Apocalypse developer (It seems the Apocalypse mod beeing a juicy piece of raw meet everybody's fightin for Oo) I started to further "evolve" Krronus work 3 weeks ago and Renamed it (Just internally for myself) Ultimate Apocalypse. This is now somehow an hairy situation because another lad got actually the same idea like me ^^. In care of that i want to offer my help where's possible to you Cylarne_04 maybe you can team up with me to speed things up ^^. So you lads might wonder mow where all these new Modders come from outta the ground. So i was workin quietly in the Background to set everything up und gather first experiences in Modding, because i'am of the opinion that new games rather lack the kind of Gameplay you can get come to light by modding your favourite game!

But now let me show, what i was workin the last 3 weeks:

Spoiler

And last but not least comes a new creation of me I think nobody of you seen before. Its task is basically beeing an Gameender/Red Button/Win through Economy and/or a Shoop Da Whoop. Because i think, every game should have the option for a final Unit that solves the problem of how getting rid of all those pesky units, that are closing in to bash your base, cause ur allies were too weak or sacrificed themself for the Surival of one Player. My Plan is actually to introduce this kind of Unit to each Race as an VERY Expensive option to wipe all these Red Dots from the Minimap away.
    So are you ready to charge your lazors? Yes? Good! Here come the first Renders of my self-made (First Model ever build from scratch by me) Gameender Unit delivered to the Necrons (They really need more Units)

Spoiler

In this sense i end up here hoping that my debut in this Elder Moddingscene is appreciated and that Cylarne_04 tosses an pm over to me showing what he already get ^^
    Don't wonder if I can't reply too often because of studies takin my time in Universitiy :S

Greetings and a good Day

-Cosmocrat
    Join the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod on STEAM today! LINK TO STEAM And our mod on

To: Cosmocrat- I left you a PM dude. Let's team up!

To: DannyLee- Hey thanks dude. Touching words I admit. I will definitely finish the Apocalypse one day.

By the date of 12/20/10, I have. Mwahahahahaha!

To: Lleman- Here it is. Oh yes.

Spoiler

Last edited by Cylarne_04; 2nd Feb 11 at 10:48 AM.

So I actually don't care about the Imperials in the campaign, but the Necrons definitely got their titan (The Doomsday Monolith) also in the campaign as I played them during my vacation wiping all the the others away with a Pylon, Doomsday Mono and a load of smaller Monos. Believe me it was not fun for the Orcs, Eldar, SoB, Imperials and SM beeing crushed under the iron foot of my Necron Army! Simply try it out and if the Imperials or any other don't get their Titan working just toss a post in here and we'll see how we can serve you ;-). As for you second Idea I agree with you, because having two times the same ability for two different Chaos Mark is always i bit...odd. I think it was rather an emergency solve and we'll see how we can bring that to life! If you have more ideas, feel free to list them up here that we can get them In-Game as freshly as possible

Have a good Day

-Cosmocrat

All races have Tier III Titans and Tier V Titans. You can see all of the superweapons and titans within the version 1.58 readme of every race. Necrons I do find slightly unbalanced but easily fixable, I mean when we're experts. I'll work on the Lightning Storm.

Ok, darn I bugged the thing as I was doing the marks. Sorry. It will get done. I pmed Grorc for the Lightning Storm.
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 21st Oct 10 at 7:46 PM.

News Apocalypse: Actual Readme Excerpt

So DannyLee94 here comes as requested the excerpt of the readme.txt of the Apocalypse: Actual version 1.58 (the last stable public release of Krronus) to show you what this mod actually has to offer for you without having your Hardrive beeing bombed by unnecessary additional 500MB'S . But i don't know if that helps if you read that readme and go crazy after the Mod wanting it so badly . As a last chance to return I'll pack it all in spoiler brackets to avoid possibly driving you nuts !

Spoiler

Have good Day

-Cosmocrat

Woah! Uh oh, Advanced Overwatch win condition error! HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!

Well anyways, the mod is now in working condition and... two thumbs up. Thanks Cosmocrat for doing that for DannyLee. Anything else you request DannyLee94?
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 22nd Oct 10 at 5:52 PM.

Necrons Introducing Gameenders - The TRIOLITH

So as i promised earlier I'll provide today the evidence of my actual work on the Gameenders which are the last step to purge you enemy off the map if anything else has failed. It will be incredible strong and capable of dealing with overwhelming amounts of enemys. And when i mean overwhelming then i mean when you play on insane against 4 opponents with fully reinforced armies to max. on respective Unit cap. In this case you won't usually win with PC allies because you gonna get unit spammed to death. But even im Human vs. Human games could arise the need for such an Unit if the game is stuck in a stalemate. In this case building this unit will get you the ulimative advantage and your enemies actually staring at an unstoppable Fortress raining death onto their armies blasting them into oblivion within secons but for a very expensive price.

Here it comes:

Spoiler

As an advise for you Cylarne_04 if you have problems with the SCAR who you gonna call? The TRIOLITH!

Else have a good day

-Cosmocrat

Necrons Dreamcatcher

So hey DannyLee94 don't get your hopes burrowed too early. In front of you stands a modeller that has basically the same wishes like you seeing the Titans coming to life in DoW. I actually agree of each race having it's own unique titan.
    But i don't want to see too many Warhounds stompin around. So my idea actually was instead of a captured Warhound titan for the Tau I played with the idea of having a Tau Air Caste Manta beeing fielded which is think more the style Tau Titans would be. For the other Titans i have to say that we want to add a sort of Gameender Units. That means units with the size of Reaver Titans and above but smaller than an Emperor Titan which is actually a size overkill xD. I though of Warlord Titans beeing quite good choice for Gameender Unit. For the Necrons I made an custom Gameender Unit which render pics I posted here yesterday but somehow my Post is missing in action :S I'll try to post hem again today but if it fails again maybe Cylarne_04 could post them, as i don't know why it struggles with posts with pics.

Have a good Day

-Cosmocrat

----------

So here comes the announced Triolith Gameender Unit of the Necrons. The task of Gameenders will be to wipe entire Armies away from the Map within seconds. And with entire Armies I mean min. 4 PC opponents on insane with fully reinforced armies to respective pop limits. And acutally capable of spamming you to death with units through huge bases. It also comes to effect in stalemate situations. For example you can hold your Stronghold but you're unable to get out of your base without beeing wiped. Then the Gameender comes at hand making it possible, if you got the ressources in spare ;-), to finally achieve an heroic and ultimate victory as your enemy has to stare at an unstoppable fortress of death blistering with weapons. I though furthermore of a control station build in your base providing a shield for your Unit making it additionally invulnerable for an additional bunch of ressources.
    Maybe if it's possible for balancing issues we can link the control station to the Gameender so that if it gets destroyed the Gameender will be disabled as long you as you rebuild the Com Station. But these are future plans but now comes what you've been waiting for! Charge you Lazors and show your enemies who's got the supremacy on the Battlefield!

Here it is take a breath before you're klicking at this!

Spoiler

Else have a good Day

-Cosmocrat

News Dreamcatcher

Ok something goes wrong here :S I posted a text earlier today and wanted then to post the pictures of my new Gameender Unit but something "devoures" my posts and even worse my post before was also deleted just after i pressed the submit button. So I don't know if I have rights to post pictures here or did any other kind of infringement so that my post was deleted automatically.

So i have to repost my earlier post from today xD. Don't burrow your dreams so early, infront of you stands a modeller with basically the same wishes as you so DannyLee94 I agree with you each race should have it's unique Titan. But for the Tau I've got the idea of fielding an Air Casta Manta instead of captured Warhound.
    We also plan for the Gameender Units for the other race to field Titans with the size of a Reaver and above but below a Emperor Titan which is a size overkill xD. Something around a Warlord Titan would be fine i think let's see what is possible. Keep up tuned theres is more to come soon.

Have a good day

-Cosmocrat

Pathing.. have you thought about pathing?
    Reaver- & Warlord-sized titans and warmachines -"gameender units" as you call them- are fine and dandy, but they all require a good thinking about paths since most maps will only see them blocked in an area limited to the vicinity of their production point, if this is even feasible depending on the chosen location... (if you tell me 'Dyne has also planned Reavers & Warlords, i'll tell you he'd also planned specific maps...)

As to your former message, i saw it and even got an email notification for it... prolly a mismanipulation...

SCIENCE! Pathing and other odds

Yeah pathing was one of my sorrows i hoped i can push away to a distant day. But yeah it's right that pathing is real nasty even for way smaller units (you all know tanks beeing stucked together) not to think about that huge units as Titans. It's already very hard for a Warhound to get through akkumulations of Units. So theres two possible methods of getting rid of that. First one is the "clean" method of simply doing new maps of proper size for the huge war machines having enough place to manouver. Or the "dirty" method of manipulating the collision boxes and making the Unit actually "smaller" for the pathing calculator. It's just the problem of having odd intersections with the environment or even other units driving thorugh the actual unit. As for the movement for some of the gameender units planned so far is the possibly to Teleport or Jumppack around (Revenant). As for the Imperial Warlord Titan i am uncertain what i can do about that as it has no known ability of Teleportation or other kind of unusual movement. It would be cool if there would be a possibly to solve that like it was done in Star Craft II so that the Titans could move over Cliffs and like that, but it would also require new maps then or at least a rework of the existing ones to define areas where Titans actually can go over. If that all fails then it will be necessary to chose the "dirty" method of pathing. That would be a compromise between Optics and Gameplay, but if you want your dreams come true you have to sacrifice something ;-). We'll see if we can do it well enough that it won't look "too" ugly then but no one cares then. The game is simply not made for Epic Sized Gameplay ;-) but i think a little touch of Epicness is still better then nothing. I don't know how the others think about that so whoever feels hit by that topic is free to contribute his opinion here. I hope i am not too naive with my point of view then

Have a good Day

-Cosmocrat

P.S.: Could someone tell me where/why some of my posts disappear?

To solve the problem of getting stuck... give them the ability to walk over impasseble terrain. just like jump packs but then permamently and as walking. Maybe that would work.

Maybe your message dissapeard because of the size it got because of the picture. maybe instead of the picture put a link or something to it.

Art Picture Struggle

I thought of something similar to that Tyrantarmy6 but the problem ist the Imperial Warlord not having any possibility due fluff background to move in any other way than by his feet ^^. To my disappearing messages it would be an possible reason to be blocked or what because of the pic size. But you MUST use here external Links/URL's to other websites. So i made an Imageshack account to be able posting pics here und used the URL's provided by Imageshack :S. But when i press "Submit Post" complete with all pics it just stucks or gives me a short message, that a moderator has first to look through my post. But that was two days ago I dunno what's the workspeed here but 2 days is just a lil bit too long :S. I tried it again today but it again failed and even erased a former post i did before that one with the render pics. So I am somehow in a struggle now :S I've send the renders to Cylarne_04 that he may be succesfull posting them actually in this thread. Maybe I did something wrong here loading the pics up so help is apreciated ^^.

Have a good day

-Cosmocrat

Thanks for the reply there Cosmo, i have to admit it would be amazing to see more than just scout titans and a game-ender for each race - so i wish you the greatest of luck. Just hope you can upload those photos so we can see exactly what your talking about.

I shall purge them with both blade and Bolter! For the Emperor and Macragge!

Here they are...

Spoiler

The only problem is you can't click on them to enlarge them. Can someone tell me how?
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 25th Oct 10 at 1:39 PM.

Possible pathing solution?

Maybe the Titan pathing issues can be solved by making the game think its a flying unit? that way it will ignore terrain while moving, and will remain a constant "hight" above the terrain helping with graphics issues

Hmm. Yes but you would still have to shrink the Triolith for it to fit in with the camera. Unless I improve the camera...

I believe there was a post somewhere that showed you how to adjust the maximum camera range. Cant remember where i saw it tho

Well I'll fool with the camera, maybe bring it to uber view if I figure things out.

30 minutes to 1 hour later...
    Nope sorry, ok where's the link?
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 24th Oct 10 at 4:44 PM.

It wont let me post the link for some reason... forums. relicnews. com/showthread.php? 82849-Reducing-fog-and-increaseing-camera-range&highlight=change+camera
    (remove spaces)

Ok I retried after the moderators fixed up the things they needed done and it worked. Thanks quelzoth.
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 24th Oct 10 at 6:44 PM.

Glad to be of help

In case anyone didn't notice my above comment, here is the Triolith...

Spoiler

The only problem is you can't click on them to enlarge them. Can someone tell me how?

News Technical Failure

Hmm weird... I don't know what you've actually done to get these pics upped here. Usually if you use external sites, you're redirected there and will get it usually automatically shown enlarged or you atleast have the option to enlarge it then. Your solve makes just one picture enlargeable (by clicking the yellow warning sign) the others just hang around there and i don't knwo why. Maybe a Moderator could answer that question i don't care about the way pictures are handled in here . Besides suggestions are welcome about the actual Triolith (The huge badass looking thing in the middle of the big pic) as diskussion actually stucked due technical problems

-Cosmocrat

I guess I got lucky. I'll think about the Triolith ideas. Oh curious too. How much bigger is it compared to the Doomsday Monolith?

Technical Issues

Ok i am now somehow stuck. I did the new animations for the Energy beacon and exported it all right but in-game is all i see a pink box with "Bad Model" an it. I seeked then a lil bit around here and edited the clauses and the condition for the building and still receive the bad model box. I don't know why because it actually played all anims fine in the OE but the Game itself somehow bonkers my model :S. I shifted the .whm and the .whe files plus the texture file from my creation folder to the actual Apocalypse folder. I don't know if i've forget to take a needed file but i thought that .whe/.whm/.rsh/.wtp files are the only needed art files huh? So i may post in the Technicssection in hope getting help there also. If anyone of you out there knows what's up plz write it in here as i am really confused now about my model :S.

-Cosmocrat

Hmm. Well I am no artist but if you by any chance changed up the ebps entity blueprint model from Corsix's Mod Studio then that can be the case.

Oh and guess what! I got mail. From whom? You'll see.

Spoiler

I received the letter today. And Krronus (1st developer of the Apocalypse Mods; In case you're new here.) will not be with us for a very long time. He's doing well however. I'll update the first post again eventually.

Good to know Krronus is still alive there ^^. I don't know in which country he actually followed the call of duty but military is always harder than sitting in front of the PC and doing duty rather with the mind than legs and arms ;-) ( I think both are same as hard if you just hit a certain difficulty ) . To return to my problem i actually DID change the entity_blueprint_ext simply with the Corsix manager xD. But i don't care as a previous model (Pylon Strike Beacon) was exported and implemented the same way. As i have to say that it was a rather simple model with no animations and it is spawned as an ability rather than be build. I hope you can tell me how to implement a new model .whm/.whe properly then as i dunno if my model is somehow corrupted/incomplete. If you the only way is the attribute editor stated in the Mod tools i got a problem as it doesn't work (the only one i did't managed get it work :S). In this case Cylarne_04 has to do the job of unit implementation for me then. But i still demand a tutorial for inserting new buildings as this is not covered in the tutorials list and i keep searching for a solve of my problem then in order to continue Modding progress.

Edit: Ok problem fixed. Animations and model working now. My next problem is, they are workin in an unexpected way xD. During the build progress the idle animation is played all the time and after its build it shows all the placement,placement_idle and build animation in a row :S. For the solution better don't ask what was the error reason. I just should stop working on mods during the night xD. But now i can sleep better ^^.
    Last edited by Cosmocrat; 28th Oct 10 at 9:16 AM. Reason: Problem is fixed

The pathing issue with titans is largely unavoidable - especially when it comes to terrain, and specific maps are the order of the day - titans do not fight in alleys.

Friendly infantry move out of the way of vehicles, so they're not an issue. With enemy concentrations, a squiggoth-alike rampage ability was the best idea that was suggested.

Going back to the pathing issue - this was (is) a major factor in the balancing of my mod (if/when I get round to working on it some more) - titans having to stick to wide streets (especially the larger ones) whilst infantry could filter through ruins, take cover and generally wolfpack the titans and assassinate the repair units.
    Now taking commissions! PM me for information.
    Vote for my stuff on CMON: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/winterdyne
    Check out my blog: http://winterdyne.blogspot.com/
    Follow on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/winterdynecommissionmodelling/

SCIENCE! Titans, Paths and Requests

I actually also thought about that during the last few days. I've come to the conclusion that everything of the Size of a Warlord ( Don't know how big the Reaver is :S) and above would be hardly realisable without modding other things hard either. Furthermore i know that we already have a good solution for mass destruction if needed: The Apocalyptical Superweapons. Having a unit that does basically the same but in a higher speed might be abit unfunny as it also makes nukes rather redundant. Beside that i must admit that there are enough units which need to be done first, as the diversity of available Units should be raised as there's already enough IMBA stuff floating around. But none the less i am glad you care about us due sharing experiences and skills. But i may ask you for a certain thing... I've seen the actual Warhound and it lacks somehow of further work. I don't know how busy you are at the moment ( it's not better with me and my studies) but could you do me a favor and send me the Warhound .ebp/sound and texture files in a pm, as i am willing to give him new animations and FX to further "slice" it's edges away.The .ebp file i need for the purpose to speed things up and see how you did the clauses and conditions for the Warhound, as you cannot extract them from only the .whm/.whe files (Or I simply dunno how) because the tutorial section is rather "undersupplied". I hope that request don't bothers you. I hope you give some kind of sign soon in order that we may help eachother out. And maybe if you return modding some day you may want my Triolith for your purpose nobody knows as the ways of time can be sometimes...twisted.

-Cosmocrat

P.S.: FINALLY! Yesterday late in the evening i've managed to implement the custom animations properly! So yay we'll about to have custom build animations from now for every building

Regarding titans sizes, the Reaver is slightly smaller than the Warlord depending on the weapon systems mounted ont he carapace (the Warlord being, in turn, roughly twice the size of a Warhound). Dug up an old post from WD's Dogs of War thread concerning sizes.

As to the Warhound anims, if you're using the TTRU one, i think there's been some major improvement on it ages ago. Memory might be flawed though.

For some reason, when i look upon those Titan designs - Armored Core enters my mind . That reaver looks really good but its legs need to point more outwards; like this:

It will be brilliant if you can get the titans into the game (and hopefully campaign as well), but balancing would also be a pressing issue regarding those races that dont have those armaments: as far as i know the Tau arent so lucky, titan-wise.

Art Artwork Ideas needed

Ak that's truly an epic sized piece of destruction! Thank you first for that pic (Why can't i send any pics? ) which shows really good the dimension of it (Maybe you could add the Warhound next to him just for comparsion via Photoshop or something?). If he's not too big we may see him in future releases! But i actually dunno how that monstrous warmachine could be encountered. But that's a good opportunity to ask the followers of the way of the Apocalypse and any other who might help for a small thing. The problem is I need new artwork for the Super Fortresses. I already have some for the Chaos, Necrons and SoB but not for the others. My ask to you is that you may contribute some cool ideas for the other Race that may be implemented! To show you what exactly we need i have an example for you i would like to do for the Necrons http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/TH...0completed.jpg or for the Sisters http://www.edwud.com/photos/notre_dame.jpg. Now this is what I actually want! So if you have enough spare time and want have some buildings you actually ever wanted to be In-Game this is your moment of truth! Don't be shy here and post the hell outta the Net!
    So i am waiting for your contributes but don't let me wait too long ;-)!

-Cosmocrat

@DannyLee94: The Tau don't need Titans when they have the TigerShark AX-1-0 and the Manta and their flying Titan-killing Heavy Railguns.

@DannyLee94: The Tau don't need Titans when they have the TigerShark AX-1-0 and the Manta and their flying Titan-killing Heavy Railguns.
    There you go then, you proved i know very little about the Tau's apocalyptic capabilities .

@Cosmocrat: I looked around a little bit and found these designs of the Warhound, Reaver and Warlord all together to emphasis the scaling. As i said the Reaver Battle Titan's legs are a bit.. off, they are too straight and should be pointing outwards like the artwork i posted earlier. Anyway here's the pic:

Heres another showing the heights of the Titans.. grid-style! Winterdyne hadnt finished some of the limbs on the Warlord at this point:

Heres the finished (sort of) Warlord Battle Titan:

And a final artwork depicting what im talking about regarding the Reaver's legs, they should be spaced-out in a wide, battle stance - like this:

Hope this helps, since i cant provide you with any modding back-up,
    Danny.

The legs in my models are straight for rigging. Very hard to align knee joints when the legs are splayed. You'll notice the bottom of the armour plates give the eventual angle the legs should be in - they're horizontal 'at rest'.

This reminds me of the old game called Mech Warriors I used to play when I was a kid. Well... Mech Warrior 2 and 3 anyways.

Super Structures: Anyone has any ideas for them then let us know.
    Titans: Pathing- Would it be rather descent enough if they can be played "In the campaign" with their blueprint entities shrinked from normal size to smaller size, equip them with an ability that throws both vehicles and infantry (ally and foe) out of the way like kicking them so that the titans may pass?

Titans: Pathing- Would it be rather descent enough if they can be played "In the campaign" with their blueprint entities shrinked from normal size to smaller size, equip them with an ability that throws both vehicles and infantry (ally and foe) out of the way like kicking them so that the titans may pass?
    Yep maybe give them the them something similar to the Squig Rampage ability that recharges every 5 seconds but does no/little damage to all units. And as you said it should throw all units and vehicles out of the way upon contact.

Regarding the shrinking; youd be best shrink all other units as well, to get some decent scaling.

----------

@Winterdyne: No problem, i suppose theres no need for everything to be specific - i mean we still dont even know if anything bigger than the warhound will appear in the mod

why not make it so they create an attack effect while moving? it would effectively simulate the smaller troops getting stepped on, and a knockback effect will deal with if they aren't killed outright.
    as for shrinking, it could work, but wouldnt it make some units too small to see? (E.G. attack scarabs)

Um well I guess I can try shrinking the Warhound right now and give him an ability just like we talked about with a secret weapon. While on the move can be difficult but I'll try. I wouldn't though shrink all units. Maybe vehicles though since they get stuck most of the time. The small vehicles like the Leman Russ can knock down infantry.

for the walking attack ability, why not have it spawn an effect, and have the effect do the damage?
    that way it would happen automatically

@quelzoth: Like what effect are we talking about?

I applied the weapon to the Warhound and tested it out. It works fine with enemies but my armies still pass through the Titan's legs. I tried out the ability and it worked fine for vehicles but the infantry were thrown back across the map. It was freekin hilarious. So, I don't know. What do you guys think?

Titan Brawl

Woot! My call for artwork somehow developed it's own life! But the Titans look just...EPIC ! I think what quelzoth means is having at the point where the Titan footprint appears, spawning a dummy event with a physic_recoil attribute assigned to it. Having a rampage ability that reloads every 5 secs is rather odd as you could use it almost permanently imprisoning an enemy unit within that feedback loop. It can't rather attack or do something else which is already annoying with having many rocket turrets knocking around your necron lord (Or similar Heroes) that died in the enemy base. Cylarne_04's approach seems somehow similar to that playing football with your enemys xD. Maybe an idea for an expansion "Titan Bowl 40K: XXL" . But i didn't cared that the Warlord is not that much bigger then the Warhound. As many maps support the Warhound and surely the lil' bit bigger Warlord ! The question is only of how having them all balanced as the Warhound is already hard to kill and offers incredible firepower! None the less keep pumpin new posts with pics as we definetely need new artwork! That time plz some buildings as we'll work later on titans. I've actually got no clue of what i could give for example the marines as an Apocalypsical Fortress! So that's the problem i am sitting on :S. Hope you guys can help me out!

Technical Issues Part II

Ok adding new decals to the Energy beacon is driving me nuts. I am simply unable to adjust the size of it, as altering the value in the decal_texel_size parameter shows off no effect. Odd is also as you type in pure numbers the decal isn't even showing up In-Game. It turned out that i it only renders in-game when you type in a "x" as a value ( I figured that out by random as i though i have to specify a resolution like 512x512). But if you type anithing else like x=512;y512 or x=512 or x*512 it won't do anything then but show the same small decal :S. I really going bonkers if that persists much longer OMG. I can't even open a thread in the technics section either in the forums. As there just opens a small window with the prompt that a moderator has tu check the thread first before posting but after 2 days another thread from is still not put online. It seems that all the technology turned against me . Hope anyone has an advise for me here.

EDIT: Finally i also got the decals fixed and did some cool animations with sounds along that rock ma body! Now the Beacons are REAL Necron Buldings!
    Last edited by Cosmocrat; 30th Oct 10 at 12:44 PM. Reason: 1 Problem Fixed 1 Left

scaling of the Warlord is WAY out - those of you with the Apocolypse book will see that on page 124 the top of the Warhound only comes up just past the KNEES of the warlord!! Take a look around google as well, there are several home made warlord titans that are about the same size as most 8 year olds

People out there, hit me with a very long list of new stuff you'd like to see within the mod. Titans, Commanders, buildings, upgrades, research, anything and I'll do you the kind favor. I'm still in the mood for discussing the Titans too.

News Dishes of Wishes

Woot! Orbital Relais for SM? Which one? I actually have DoW II also but i am uncertain which Orbital Relais you mean as it's long time ago since i played it as it isn't that cool like DoW . If you could post an image i would be happy. For the Titans GMB said a post before that the size comparsion is untrue. But none the less i actually like the idea showing off the epicness of the titan just by a rather small difference in it's hight, what makes many things possible . To the wishlist i have to say that you now may know how Santa Clause feels shortly before christmas.

Page 1 of 150 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information