Ultimate Apocalypse - 1.73.6 Released!

Hi guys, i have a problem with the Kaurava campaign. I can start a campaign after i installed the 1.71 patch from moddb, but when i attack or defend an arrea i have no winning options so the game still continues after i killed all enemys and destroyed all enemy buildings.

Edit: and a firend of me cant research any researchsteps so he only has standard infrantry
    Last edited by _TAU_Shasla; 18th Apr 13 at 6:50 AM.

gosh! how many times a man have to yell that THE FU***ING CAMPAIGN IS FU***ING BROKEN!! a least until 1.72

P.S and by ''a man'' i refer to PsykoTenshi xD
    For The Emprah!
    Weh are the Speehs meehrens!

All hello, the next fight on Ultimate Apocalypse Mod 1.71, this time I decided to throw down a challenge to 2 opponents. So space marines vs 2 daemonhunters fight, you come and enjoy... Simply gather embientsound in the searcher on youtube and you will get to me on the canal, the world of real war and epic...

@everyone: I'll get to every bodies comments and feedback after the release of 1.72.

Just jotting down the most important issues of the mod and fixing them entirely one by one by one out of the 100+ comments I missed on Relicnews and MOD DB.

1.72 is nigh.
    Mods In Progress: Ultimate Apocalypse | Daemons Mod

Beware, my Ultimate Apocalypticinator!

Heavy Metal Bread Loaf PsykoTenshi's Avatar
    @ pepoxx:
    I can't find the applaud/+ karma/give internet pointz on your profile.

@PsikoTenshi sorry but alguien tenia que decirlo! srsly im sick of the questions about the campaign being broken!

p.s you can do it un modbd @miketsukami or convince lord doofus to give some love to the DH xD

Believe, I am tired sick of these questions too. There was a time I'd reply to anything similar to "I have trouble installing the mod/getting it to work" with a quick tutorial including numerous download mirrors for each required mod. As I was too lazy/uncreative to implement a solution that allowed me to quickly copypasta lots of links without having to do it one by one, I stopped doing that long ago.

Every race is getting (a considerable amount of) modding love. The Inquisition Grey Knights will not only be included on the Space Marine stats revamp, but the Inquisition race given lots of new nice stuff to play with.
    Edit: Ugh, phrased it confusingly. GK's included in Space Marine stats revamp, IDH race getting new goodies overall. Like all other races

Habitualmente comentaría algo acerca de encontrar a otro jugador de UA de habla hispana, pero tengo mucho sueño. Ya debo dormir.
    same in english:
    Usually I'd comment something about encountering another Spanish-speaking UA player, but I'm too tired. Gotta sleep now.

P.S.: Now I got struck by doubt, I think my previous post left some room to confusion. I meant that I would have upvoted you/your comment, but Relicnews doesn't have such a function.

@psychoTenshi : no es habitual un encuentro asi, pero existen ...XD

bueñas noches.....sueña con los dulces dias del apocalypsis a tus enemigos >: )

! Haberlos haylos !

lol! somos mas y mas de habla hispana en relic news! lo invadiremos y lo haremos un foro en español HE DICHO

same in english:
    lol! we are more and more spanish speakers in relic news! we gonna invade it! and gonna make it a spanish forum! I SAID

All hello, fighters, I want to present you new fights of Eldars on UA mod 1.71 on which passing specializes, at present my channel. Pleasant viewing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-05hD2Asp0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3VGmQZq3s

@pepoxx : Y asi sera

la inquisicion ha hablado

@Everyone: My progress on the upkeep of this mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-a...board/feedback

I am Lord_Doofus on MOD DB, you can see my posts about 1.72 progress for some races there, see what you like. I'll be getting to people's reply by tomorrow, all one hundred of them, even if it is a couple pages back. Later.

Well, I've been gone a very long time, but I like what I've returned to! Just one question: I still have this ModDB screenshot that says it's the "password to folder 1" (it was supposed to be like a bonus from the apoc mod to some people?)...Why was there never a folder to use this on?
    'You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold.'
    - Imotekh the Stormlord to Marshal Helbrecht during the battle for Schrodinger VII

Everything hello, new video UA mod on my channel, this time eldars will meet face to face the antipodes, dark eldars, in bloody fight. You come, you look, subscribe, there will be more many video, for all races. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O43vkyK5goM

All hello, waiting for a patch 1.72, I bring to your attention new fight on UA mod 1.71 for Eldars solo random - you come, fight turned out very intense and epichny... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugt8NQBPwck

@embiensound:

Go here, and upload your links so we don't have to scroll through comments in the distanted future.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-a...ard/fan-thread

@Everyone:

Spoiler

1.72 Patch - Released!

I'll go ahead and keep it nice and simple

There was a significant problem regarding ucs files on the initial 1.72 patch release. If you just downloaded the patch, you'll get seriously messed up unit names and tooltips all over the place. To address this, apply this hotfix:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4sd1mpvc3toma7c
    Applying it is the same procedure as with the 1.72 patch, simply extract to your Soulstorm directory, merge/overwrite when prompted.

1.72 Patch download links! Now WinRaR friendly!

Gamefront - Filesmelt - Mega - Mediafire - Strategy Informer

A couple notes:
    If downloading from Mega, make sure you either use Google Chrome or install the Mega browser extension, otherwise the file won't be saved correctly as it is a bit over 100MB. Official explanation here.

These links already include the hotfix. No need to download both.
    Last edited by PsykoTenshi; 28th Apr 13 at 8:44 AM.

uuuhm.. sorry for bring bad news but i downloaded the patch from mediafire and it was corrupted im dowloading this time from mega and i'll tell ya xD

uhhm with mega too.. screenshot

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2553/uamod.png

P.S the screenshot is in spanish cause is my mother language

i think is a problem with the header of the zip cause the mainly problem is a ''unsupported compression method'' either is corrupted the 7zip or my winrar is too old -i have winzip winrar and 7zip-
    Last edited by pepoxx; 23rd Apr 13 at 9:07 PM. Reason: add screenshot

@ pepoxx: Looking at your case a bit closer, I think this is because WinRaR doesn't support the 7z compression method utilized for the patch. Try 7-zip, most likely that will fix your problem. Remember to apply the hotfix though.

Where's the download link? I can't find it.

The patch is undergoing last minute maintenance, aka hotfixes xP Some may argue that's not really necessary but the ucs bug encountered was too serious to ignore.

Ah. Sounds good!

Had me worried for a second.

That and I have decided to do a last minute nerf on the Necrons, I guess at the last minute adding a gauss rule of "pierce everything, screw lord doofus's gameplay style" made the Necrons TOO MUCH OP. I liked the idea too, but nope, gameplay jumped to no good for Necrons... until now. Hotfix 2 is coming up by Tenshi here in a little bit.

I swear to gosh we did not rush this.

@psykoTenshi NOW you're talking my language -not really but you get the point xD- thanks btw (Off topic why we're talking in english if both can speak spanish?)

@Cylarne_04
    I swear to gosh we did not rush this
    eehm are you sure? xD

eehm are you sure? xD
    yes

@ pepoxx: We both talk in English here because this is an English-speaking forum

I can confirm Cylarne's words, this patch was supposed to be done and publicly available about 3 hours ago. Fortunately I happened to want to try out the shiny new UA build, so I launch the thing and I encounter a surprising amount of ucs buggyness, which lead to the decision of reuploading a fixed version. Why "fortunately"? Imagine if I tried it out tomorrow, after hundreds or even thousands of people downloaded it.

On related news, the fixed 1.72 downloads links are mostly done uploading, only Mediafire is left but it refuses to cooperate, so it'll have to wait.

1.72 Patch download links! Now WinRaR friendly!

Gamefront - Filesmelt - Mega - Mediafire - Strategy Informer

A couple notes:
    If downloading from Mega, make sure you either use Google Chrome or install the Mega browser extension, otherwise the file won't be saved correctly as it is a bit over 100MB. Official explanation here.
    Last edited by PsykoTenshi; 28th Apr 13 at 8:44 AM.

Is there any special instructions as far as installing?

Does the fixed version of 1.72 patch need any hotfix? (to fix the Necrons)

Installing consist on simply extracting the file's contents to your Soulstorm directory and merging/replacing when prompted.

This version includes the Necrons fix.

so far so good i've tried only the space marines and i kicked the orks bottom -i clean it up a lil'- i looove the new scout models and the grenade concepts they are really usefull liked the predator mkII i didn't knew how use the deep strike beacon i love all about them but i noticed that 1 squad of terminator overwhelm a squiggoth by pure raw firepower those assault cannon i think are OP but a loved the new sound when they fire hmm the mega melta range i think is too much but damage and moral damage it's okay loved the new assault bikes and i think the teleport abillity for the termies is gone..

resuming

yay:
    scouts models
    grenade concepts
    predator mkII
    assault bikes
    and obviously revamp and buffes!

nay:
    the assault cannon damage -i beat a squiggoth with just 1 termie squad fully upgraded with them-
    the mega melta range -with the reaver having my back my melee units feel lonely-
    miss the teleport abillity for the termies

it's not a nay but its a -maybe its better explain- the use of the deep strike beacon i really want to do ''muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes''

overall LOOOOVE the patch! tomorrow i'll test the other races and i'll bring my humble report!

BTW! congrats for the awesome mod! i've been playing it since 1.59-1.60 i think!

Where is the secret content promised in 1.72? i have that secret code that was released awhile back but where do i input said code?

that is a good question my good fellow

well,will be an answer? ;P

What's this password thingy I keep reading about?! Is there a hidden folder in the UA archive that is password protected? How do we get our hands on said password?
    Last edited by Ranger_Logan; 24th Apr 13 at 4:45 AM.

Vietnam|Glory Obscured Beta-Testing Lead

where do you have that file? I don't see any...

Some quick questions if you would be so kind: If I get 1.72, from the above links, do I need any other files? Is the grot tank in it? Are swooping hawks in it Will you be adding in any other races and does anyone know off-hand if it works well with my win conditions mod as I'm rather attached to the smack talk condition.

Running DoW is now a total pita, but I'm intrigued. I haven't had chance to play on my PC in about 3 weeks, but you never know!

what archive do you speak of? Cause i see none

Omg! MEGA is damn fast! I downloaded it in less than 15 seconds.

miss the teleport abillity for the termies
    You can research that in the upper left corner of the taskbar, bro. In Orbital Relay Node.

the mega melta range -with the reaver having my back my melee units feel lonely-
    ? If I decrease the range of it, you will have to manually move the Reaver step by step closer to the target until he fires both weapons. That will be poor gameplay mechanics, as it should not feel stiff of a weapon.

@Fuggles: Grot Tanks in game, Swooping Hawks not. Swooping Hawks is a broken unit with some glitches, please o please note that.

Add your winconditions to here, and I'll see what to do.

About the Secret code project:

That will be out separately as an inbetweener 1.72-1.73 version. IT is unfinished, and the concept of it is still in the works.

More links, more news, and tons more of management love inbound later today! Stay tuned.

Just play 2 games, and i found describe of guardsmen squad add-on anti tank say it can upgrade missile launcher to las cannon. But i cant find where to do it, is it possible?

@cylarne i said it because in kurav city -1 vs 1- i almost can attack my enemy base if i place the reaver near the first listening post near my base it's like base-to-base attack if i build enough reaver i could win the match without have to seize their base but if you say that the range of the mega melta it's ok then it's ok you're the boss

Main thing:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...post1045218846

Terms of Use Updated!!! All modders can use our stuff WITHOUT NEEDED PERMISSION, as long as we are credited. Everyone can use our work without permission, credit required.

The only restriction to this is the ZMS mod, that mod and its creator needs permission by us, for previous trolling and hateful rude comments from the past.

@cylarne i said it because in kurav city -1 vs 1- i almost can attack my enemy base if i place the reaver near the first listening post near my base it's like base-to-base attack if i build enough reaver i could win the match without have to seize their base but if you say that the range of the mega melta it's ok then it's ok you're the boss
    Ok, I decreased range for all Reavers by 10m.

A GAMEBREAKING BUG that needs to be addressed ASAP Tyranids cause a sync error as soon as the game starts when me and my friend play a lan match our games have the same Ua 1.72 and every file is identical and once you hit quit when the it says synce error the game crashes to desktop. other than that HUGE PROBLEM the mod is working just fine, the resulting issue occurs on any map and this was a 1v1 im not sure if it will do it when the ai controls that race but it definetly does it when a player controls them.
    Update it only occurs when the player has that race the ai plays them with no problems
    Last edited by jinakanishi; 24th Apr 13 at 9:51 AM. Reason: bug update

Hey cylarne, thanks a bunch for the public use of your resources. I love everything about your mod except the part about too many superweapons. I guess its just not my type of mod. But its great nonetheless. I mean, look at all your donations XD

[EDIT] What's up with the UA mod and the ZMS mod? I use their resources too. Even if you don't give them permission, what's to stop them from using your stuff? Dark Prophecy is also controversial in including stuff from other mods as well without permission, or at least I think that they're doing it without permission?

@Whiteshield: basically when you are using something from other people you thank that group of people for allowing you to use it and ZMS did quite the opposite from what i've seen so far. Lets just say politeness seems to be a bit off in those parts.
    Apparently people don't like me :(
    Is it because i was tainted by Chaos? Cause I already born that way...

My ongoing Mod for DC
    Veteran Mod

waz up! much thanks to the team for bringing us another GREat ULTimate update. keep your heads ringing.

Erm...i have a strange bug, no matter what i do, in a skirmish game...i have no control over the game, the AI is just in full control and im like a spectator, the game runs by it self super fast and all i can do is watch...wtf just happened? lol.
    Embrace the dark gods...in the might that is CHAOS!
    Better crippled under the hands of chaos...than corrupt in the minds of others

@ †TYRANICK†™: That's not a bug really, most likely an autoexec.lua script acting up.
    Try removing the -dev command from your Soulstorm shortcut, OR going to your Soulstorm directory and moving the file named autoexec.lua elsewhere. You may change its file extension to something that isn't .lua (.txt, .backup, .lolz, anything as long it an unrecognized extension or .txt) so the game won't "see" it.

On a related matter, can I ask you to upload the thing? I'm kinda interested on that particular script. I got a similar one to have the AI play on my stead, but I gotta trigger it manually, so there could be other differences as well.

Have SCAR error in Tyranid stronghold when Apocalipse begins. And at the beginning Arena (Day) have SCAR error too. And relic and critical locations are just pink boxes...
    Last edited by 44Shadowclaw44; 24th Apr 13 at 1:48 PM.

Page 135 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3585125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast

Thread Information