HW2 Missing folder?

HW2 Missing folder?

So i beat the campaign and i wanted to go back and do it all over again while cheating.....unfortunately i appear to be missing the persist.lua that is needed to hack the campaign. I know it should exist, but my entire profiles directory is sort of missing. Anyone know why that might be?

2. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #2
    Search your machine for the file. You can also search for a directory named after your profile name.

3. Technical Help Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #3
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Profiles\Profile1\Campaign\ASCENSION
    (Vista/W7 64 bit)

there is a file named for each mission number

my point is that in the profiles folder, there is only an empty folder labeled Badges. Nothing else. No hidden files. Nothing. And i've done a full computer search for anything labeled persist. Nothing. The campaign still carries over units from the last mission....but how its doing that without the persist.lua, ive no idea.

Here's a thought: Vista and Windows 7 are a bit picky with how programs are allowed to access the program files folder. If you're playing the game in one of those operating systems, take a look in the C:\ProgramData\ folder instead. That is where Windows allows programs to keep files they would normally save in their program folders if it disallows them from placing them there. It is a hidden folder, so you'll have to enable showing hidden folders to see it.
    Babylon 5: War Without End Official Site.

"I keep telling you people that it's only a build animation, NOT a hyperspace animation." - Me, about the Babylon 5 mod hyperspace build animation.

Nope. Not there either....

7. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #7
    It's on your PC, it has to be.

Try using a file monitor program to record what files the Homeworld2 executable is accessing.

Also, check to make sure you're actually running HW2 from where you think you're running it.

8. Technical Help Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #8
    you can get it to write to its program folder if you run in admin mode

Personally I just make a c:\games\ folder which I use for all of my games instead of C:\program files\

This has the benefit of totally sidestepping all of those admin issues older games can have with Vista / Windows 7.

Thread Information