Hey all, this is a tutorial for a good friend of mine, because he couldn't find anything usefull on how to edit doctrines.
Now the hardest part, how to make new call ins/ upgrades for your doctrines.
I will add the us airborne paradrop below the Pershing in a different doctrine.
• Copy the „allied_airborne_00.rgd“ and rename it to „allied_airborne_03.rgd“
• Open up the new rgd. Open its requirements\required1 and change the upgrade_name to „allied_armor_02.lua“• Goto Attrib\attrib\commander_tree\alied_armor_tree.rgd( we change to that, because this will apear below the pershing call in in armor doctrine so it needs to require the one that is above it.)
• In there add upgrade\allied_airborne_03.lua below upgrade\allied_armor_02.lua• Now goto Attrib\attrib\abilities\ally_paradrop_ability.rgd . Copy it and name it like this ally_paradrop_ability_armor.rgd( This is to make the paradrop appear below the pershing. ( allied_armor_02.lua is the pershing call in. ))
• Open it up open requirements\required1\requirement_table_1\required_1 and in upgrade_name replace upgrade\allied_airborne_00.lua wtih upgrade\allied_airborne_03.lua• Now open up Attrib\attrib\racebps\allied_rifle_company.(This is to tie the ability to the upgrade.)
• Open up abilities in it and add the ally_paradrop_ability_armor.lua to any of the empty spaces.• After that change widget_suffix to 2 in the commander tree.( This is to add the ability to your army ).
You can use any number from 1 to 4, It's the column number. If you add more than 2 colums you need to add a new ability to any of the columns, otherwise it will look messed up ingame.
Don't mind the Ui or the norange errors, it's just my own little mod.