Retribution crashes when clicking on Public game

Retribution crashes when clicking on Public game

I have just recently re-installed Steam due to an error that i was getting relating to Steam.exe.

I can start Rank searchs and Custom Private games, but as soon as i hit "Public", my game crashes directly to desktop.

Help please!

Edit: correction, I am actually getting an error when trying to start any kind of game at all! Including Campaign and The Last Stand!

----------

I realize that i haven't posted enough helpful info. Where do i find error logs?

----------

Okay, i figured out that it somehow, has to do with Windows 7.

I have done a System Restore to a sufficiently earlier point where i knew that i had the game running. After this, i was required to update Steam.

I have another computer that has Steam and Windows Vista, and the Retribution works fine on there.

Anything new happen with Steam that could have potentially buggered Retribution on Windows 7? The new Steam Guard, perhaps??
    Last edited by Tiranot; 17th Mar 11 at 4:37 PM. Reason: added more detail

Are you running the game or Steam in "compatibility mode" ? You should not be.

Have you tried verifying your game cache? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

Also, your game exe is old, a newer patch was released days ago. Do you have any mods installed?

It works now!! Thanks very much for your help, Pulse.r!

Ya, it was a combination of both... my Steam was stuck in compatibility mode, and probably because i was tinkering around, installing and un-installing steam and backing up my steamapps folder, i had to re-validate like 22 files of my Retribution game.

Thanks again, mate! Super cheers!

Great to hear it's fixed!

Thread Information