Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Company Of Heroes: Afrika DESERT RATS! 06.24 LEND LEASE

Thats excellent work from you and your team Aidas, brilliant results there m8

Thanks sirpsychoj and everyone else.

Updated Matilda 2 Textures!

Retexture by Chopin.

Right click > View Image to view it in full size.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 10th Sep 11 at 1:52 AM.

i love it!!!

5. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #205
    Just spotted the News post, those models have really got me drooling, especially the skins! Those models really look great, and the skins are just to die for, i thihnk some players might just lose matches looking at them! I am curious though, is that the only Panzer III variant you guys are planning to put in the game? The render looks like it's a Pz III J (late) model with the long barreled 5cm gun right? It might be too late to revise the model, but i was thinking it might be nice to have the shorter 5cm barrel of the Pz III J (early) as part of the model, with a state to switch between them. This way, the longer 5cm barrel can be an upgrade for the Pz III, much like the Crusader III is to the Crusader I. Just an idea.

This is the ausf. L with the better L60 50mm gun. I'm considering making the ausf. J with the shorter barrel because some recent changes in plan.
    Thanks for the good words guys.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 10th Sep 11 at 8:13 AM.

Wow, i love your work!,

..( may i ask when this will be released? )

The usual. When it's done.

Lol, here comes a cliché .

"When it's done."

Good one ! well I cant wait for this to be done!( .......i know i have to wait......... )

Not much progress has been made this month, but we still have something to show.

First of all the Most complete asset, the M3 "Honey" Stuart.

The British obtained the M-3 under the auspices of the Lend Lease program and immediately put it to work in the Western Desert. Officially designated the M-3 Stuart by the British, it was better known as the "Honey" because, even though it was under-gunned and under-armored, the British liked its speed and agility.

Its speed also made it useful for reconnaissance. The M-3 Stuart saw service throughout the North Africa campaign with the Commonwealth forces facing against Rommels fearsome Afrika Korps aswell as fighting in the Pacific with the Marines and the Army against the Japanese Empire. By the time production ended in 1943, 13,859 had been manufactured.
    The main purpose of the M3 Stuart is a lightly armored reconnaissance tank, capable of tackling other light armor aswell as infantry. Can be upgraded with a commander.

Model by Aidas2, Texture by Chopin.

To not look like we've been stuck to one vehicle, here are some wips for you to look at.

The Mk. II Valentine Tank

Model by Aidas2.

Aswell as the Sherman III

Model by Aidas2.

Note, that the two rendered models are nowhere near complete, hence the smoothing errors and such. More info will be available on both as they get completed.

Hope you enjoyed this small update and thanks for the support.

Until next time,

Afrika Korps Development Team

looks nice

Do you guys have an animator on your team?

Yes.

That's good to hear! Do you guys have a Valentine III, Matilda II CS or Crusader II CS planned?

Also, any chance the lower hull of your M4A2 / Sherman III can be made more like this?

Otherwise things are looking really good for you guys! Will you be needing the M3A1 / White Scout Car?

No Val. III simply because there's already a few vehicles on one chassis :P ( Val 2 with skirts and withouth, bishop, possibly the cruiser mk2 ) quite a lot of work already.

Matilda 2 CS is planned, Crusader not, but I could make it, it's just a different barrel.

Didn't look at the smooth lower hull, although I have the m4a1 ( Sherman II ) hull in the making, mostly details left, got the basic round shape already in place and got to say it looks great :P

Won't need the M3a1, looking forward for the kraut halftracks packs though.

Cool.

Well, the more common M4A2 / Sherman III had a smooth lower hull, whereas the M4 / Sherman I and M4A1 / Sherman II had ribbed lower hulls. Good to hear about the Sherman II, maybe I can help with a Sherman variants package?

Also, what time frame are you guys going with? 1943?

Now that you mention it, I might redo the Sherman III lower hull into smooth. I based the model of many reference pictures and most had the ribbed hull. And you could, but my shermans are not based on coh, they are completely new based on blueprints, so the hulls might be too wide/ thin/ long/ short, but I could send you the current not uvved or anything hulls so you with the guys could work with them.

Oh, I see. What was wrong with mixing?

First of all the size and "fat" threads. In the mod almost every vehicle is custom, except the few that are from coh. And the Sherman is monster compared to the others, unnecessarely oversized. The Sherman III will be newly animated with a Sherman II, m4a1, m4a2 states, aswell as a Grant on the same chassis. The time frame is the whole north africa theater.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 6th Oct 11 at 10:42 AM.

21. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #221
    Aidas; your models are truely amazing!

Jaw dropping work, team! I hope the Sherman variants package will be released for public. Can't wait playing with early Sherman variants.

Thanks for the good words guys.

congratulations for the great job, and I can not wait to try it .....

Greetings, Aidas2 and the whole of developer team! Could you please tell me which infatry units are going to be available for Wehrmaht ?

Also I haven't read all of the messages of the thread but I understood that sume people here prefer german infatry to wear greenish uniform. In fact I also think that such uniform was more widely used. The other point of using skins with greenish color is to reduce resemlance of opposing infantry units if zooming out.
    To my mind, this picture features all you might like to include to the mod. Do you see the guys with MG 43 to the left? Notice the helmet cover. Guess that would be very cool to implement as well.
    http://www.modellesmakett.hu/images/...amein_1942.jpg

P.S No demands- just suggestions.
    Last edited by JustDoIt8; 7th Dec 11 at 12:56 PM.

Looks interesting. Will take a look at it.

Time for a little update.]

303. Smle.

Model/Texture/Animations - Inukshuk.
    Last edited by Aidas2; 10th Dec 11 at 2:13 PM.

These are great!! Resemble commonvealth infantry from Battle of Crete =) Officer looks more serious with a cap))

They are the same as in Battle Of Crete, made by Halftrack for his old Afrikafeldzug mod.

Anyway, it's hell of a work putting them all together!! Great job!))
    P.S I've managed to start Battle of Crete mod just today and didn't make it to playing for Brits-wanted to see Luftwaffe in action)

Hi again,Aidas2! I don't know if doing this wwas in you plan but anyway... what do you think about making a squad of fallschirmjagers a part of Afrika Korps ? The've seen action in africa in reality during some attacks on british supply routes. These guys were elite just as on any other fron but not as numerous. They used Italian Beretta SMGs along with MP40. They could also use Italian camo-it suits desert a lot and at least one unit wouldn't have plain fabric uniform.On this picture you can see Italian paratrooper fromm Folgore Division. Put on German Fallschirmjager helmet on and you'll what I mean
    1288784246_1.jpg
    This can be a call-in unit upgradeable with MG34 and SMGs and having explsives as ability for sabotage and radio to call arty strike on enemy positions. Basically a heavy recon squad capable of defence.
    So, what do you think?

Yea, Falls are in. Special forces like you described, much like the British Raiders. most likely gonna use the Italian smg that Jorge made.

Very cool, i'd love to see LRDG chevy in the mix , merry all http://www.lrdg.org/images/celbrate23.jpg

Very cool, i'd love to see LLRG chevy in the mix , merry all
    Check out Zeugmas thread somewhere in the armory, there's alot of goodies that will go to the mod. Hope he comes back some day.

Well, that is great news!!Are those falls going to have camo or other kind of outfit?
    Here is another question: Are there gong to be model mixes in all of the infantry squads? I've seen German Panzergrens you've put on ModDB and they do have field caps and Sthalhelms , but what about ammo pouches,backpacks and other equipment? I love Halftracks Wehrmaht mix of Volksgrenadiers-different tone of uniform fabric, ancle boots, insigna, helmet variation, squad leader with gloves. I know he is your team and I can imagine the scale of what is coming out
    Last edited by JustDoIt8; 11th Dec 11 at 10:57 AM.
    Fighting for the greater good

This is from Halftracks old Afrikafeldzug mod. This is how they will look. pretty much exactly like in the picture you gave.

No more model mixes now. They are fine as they are for now. Maybe sometime later when the more important stuff gets done.

I've seen those. Could change the helmets just a bit though Hope to see some fallschirmjager insigna once more important things are done. For Halftrack that shouldn't be a great complication.
    Thanks for info

Don't know how much do you guys focus on historical correctness, but DAK Troops weared shoes more like this.

And maybee the Fallschirmjaeger could be a bit more like this.

Ramcke Brigade Lybia 1942

Hi, thanks for the good ref shots. Textures might be redone sometime later.

Slow

looking forward very much to this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medieval Real Time, Mount and Blade style Historical Combat.

hi all, i have to say that those models and skins are simply amazing!
    Ive been modding for some years now, for a game called Farming Simulator, and i know how hard it can be when mixing/merging skins and models, but you guys/girls (<-- if any) are superb at that.

Will definately donate a few bucks to you, when its done.

oO why do i see this topic so lately xD

That's truely amazing models and skins! Everybody says it but i have to repeat it once again, damn thats nice job guys !
    i love BK mod but i agree sometimes its just to hard for my level. nice that you choosed a less deadly balistic system.

Aidas, you know that i'll be glad to help your team with desert maps, and i'm working on a sort of campaign map series based on axis's Operation Skorpion (counter-attack for CW's Operation Brevity) since a long. All my current deserts maps come from this campaign. So if you want and manage to mix it somehow with your mod (i have no specific code in, just mapping stuff) it would be just awesome!
    " Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. "
    George Patton

Hey, glad you like the mod. It's great to have someone like you on board. We're missing on mappers big time.

Good going mate, the mod is amazing so far. Can't wait for updates!

Hi Aidas, if time permits me tonight I'll upload your Panzer3 ( I'll pack it into a small mod for you to test out, as I have toggled states at present for your different models and textures to show up -ausf j & l, testing purposes ofc). Still having a lil trouble with the track texture ( no big deal atm) seems I keep getting either the outside track going one way and the flat side going the opposite, or a reversal of that scenario. Someone a while back mentioned it may be the texture, but rather than me start altering anything in that area, thought it may be better to upload beforehand and someone else might figure out if its something I'm doing wrong or can confirm its a texture issue. Apologies for the lengthy delay, but at least its finally on its arrival

Quote Originally Posted by sirpsychoj View Post
    Hi Aidas, if time permits me tonight I'll upload your Panzer3 ( I'll pack it into a small mod for you to test out, as I have toggled states at present for your different models and textures to show up -ausf j & l, testing purposes ofc). Still having a lil trouble with the track texture ( no big deal atm) seems I keep getting either the outside track going one way and the flat side going the opposite, or a reversal of that scenario. Someone a while back mentioned it may be the texture, but rather than me start altering anything in that area, thought it may be better to upload beforehand and someone else might figure out if its something I'm doing wrong or can confirm its a texture issue. Apologies for the lengthy delay, but at least its finally on its arrival
    Quite a surprise, can't wait for it.

God damn, that's going to be great.

woops

@sirpsychoj
    If you still need help with the track animation, lmk.

heyo! hows progress? i was hoping a desert war mod would come along!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information