SAS Jeep Release Thanks To Tankdestroyer :)

SAS Jeep Release Thanks To Tankdestroyer :)

I came in to just browse, then i noticed a pm from Tankdestroyer saying heres a little preseant for you .

I should say your an evil man really Tankdestroyer, as because of this i reinstalled my damn mod tools just so i could look at it

So anyway this is what it was

Its An Amazing job at animating TD thank you.

It looks much better then i ever expected it too. Even the Twin K Guns look good.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Model/ Origional Skin - DMZ.
    Animations/Jeep Edits/Coding - Tankdestroyer.
    New Skin In This Package - Slayerknecht
    Updated Vickers K nrm - DMz.
    UI And criticals - Xalibur & Blitzkrieg Mod.
    No Vickers rgo - Slayerknecht

The instructions for install are simple.

Just drop the files in your mods relevent folders.

You will have to edit your mod to make the ui icons and criticals show up.
    I didnt mess about sorting that. I have Xaliburs permission to use these on
    any releases we make. So many thanks to him and the guys on Blitzkrieg mod.

The no vickers rgo was made by slayernecht so the k guns are not manned or visible ingame its in a seperate rar in the main folder.

There is also a state which allows you to have a Vickers hmg instead of a bren gun on the bonnet.

To enable\disable this in the ebps you need to set state to vikersmg_upgrade = on/off .

Please no one make a silly post saying "on/off" doesnt work because if you do ill shoot you .

Anyway this works fine, you may need to edit a few things in your mod here and there for the ui icons.

but its fine as it is so Enjoy.

Download

TD m8, again thanks, i never ever expected to see this one make it ingame your a genius.
    Last edited by DMz; 10th Jun 12 at 7:04 PM.

looks very nice
    In einer dunklen Ecke still und heimlich einen Mod am basteln... oO

My Icon-Packs http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...ate-19.06.2011

Indeed, very nice.

Oh man. this just saved me a hell lot of work! Great job guys Dmz, maybe you can include the new nrm aswell?
    Last edited by Aidas2; 17th Jun 11 at 1:52 AM.

5. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #5
    Wow that's one sexy Jeep! Finaly I can replace my boring Commando Jeep (no mg, works like kettenkrad in BtB) with this baby. Does the jeep itself use the vanilla diffuse?

Agreed, its a fantastic job. For some reason it reminds me of "Rat Patrol" I used to watch when I was a kid, I gotta add that I loved the "Combat" series too

7. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #7
    Finally! Thank your Tankdestroyer and guys! I still remember back when this was first modelled, it turned out really well, and with the passenger's Bren too!

Thanks for releasing this DMz! Glad you reinstalled the CoH tools for this...

Looks awesome! A way better job than I could have done. Looks like it's time for me to retire.

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    Whoa! Nice job there! Brits got some serious loving today

Seriously i didnt know TD was animating this, i remember giving it to him months and months ago, but i thought he would be too busy with University.
    The last thing i expected was to find a pm with it completly finished . Plus he even edited the default jeep texture to Add Brit unit markings and added the exta fuel can on the side. So when i opened the rar i had no choice but to look at it, couldent very well release it without seing what looked like even if it was only looking in worldbuilder. And then im thinking omg he got the passanger bren gunner on it too ..... lol

What a vehicle 2 vickers k hmgs and a bren, lol it will mow infantry like a lawn mower. WP TD.

Anyway heres the newer stowage addons nrm, in rgt and dds, i think the vickers K Gun textures are okay gun seems to look fine.(I must have been broken, i even seem to have got alpha round the gunsight right, may have to go see a doctor about that).

http://hotfile.com/dl/121172963/d06e...owage.rar.html

I also have the same Gun as a single weapon with bipod, as used By Royal Marine Commandoes if anyone feels like animating.

@Celestial, the jeep i think can use a vanilla dif (not sure if TD altered the alpha on this texture) but the gun is on a seperate texture as is the stowage.

@DMz
    Send the Vickers K to burtondrummerNY, it looks like he knows his way around infantry weapons.

Awesome job on the jeep guys. Can't wait until I can get this into my own mod. Bought time Brits got some good lovin' lol.
    Insanity is the exception in individuals. In groups, parties, people, and the times, it is the rule.

- Nietzche -

Beautiful jeep, I'm really glad to finally see it ingame.

I created a new texture featuring "mickey mouse" camouflage:

Screenshot

Download Skin

I also removed the Vickers on the screenshot above via RGo edit. So here's a no-vickers version:
    Download No-Vickers-version

Looks great!

cool!

thx Slayerknecht

http://hq-coh.com/forum/index.php/topic,20769.0.html
    (if anybody interested to create a late Tiger I model try this:
    http://www.cohmods.com/tiger-i-late-t167.html)

16. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #16
    Thanks for this Slay, the new patch made you come back?

Fantastic additions!
    R.I.P MrScruff-A very talented and valued friend who is sorely missed

hmm Question/Idea: Could you add the Backseat MG as "State" so that you can turn it on and off from inside the game via Upgrade?

Thank you Slayerknecht very nice. Plus the textures can also be used on the full version.

@WangTangManPro : As slayer edited the rgo i see no reason why there cant be two states set one with bren then and with bren and vickers k guns.

@Celestial
    He is creating a mod...
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/pegasus
    R.I.P. Rad | R.I.P. Loran | R.I.P. MrScruff

21. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #21
    I know, just asking if he's coming back to RelicNews with it too.

22. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #22
    I noticed that the Jeep has the Bren Carrier's vickersmg_state, which allows you to change the passenger's Bren to a Vickers MMG. I wonder how the Vickers MMG looks ingame?

Quite a nice Mickey Mouse skin there Slay, it looks good, especially where the Jeep's body joins with the rear equipment rack. And many thanks for the No-Vickers .rgo edit too.

Very Nice skins and WIP Lads, I like to inform you that a common friend send me a message , he told me that he quit for ever due to financial crisis, he never get back in what he did for me ,you for this community .
    Nice Work Keep on lads.

What's the state name for the Vickers mmg?

@Aidas2
    vikersmg_upgrade = on/off

How can I change to the members crew the "commando/airborne" Variant?

under the crew_ext at the ebps

Tankdestroyer once released a modified Commando model which uses the the airborne rolevariation as standard, that's what you have to use to have the helmeted version as vehicle Crew.

Right at the back of your mind, chipping away at your sanity
    Hello.

Apologies for the threadmancy but I've just come across this fantastic little addon unit and when I try to install it and then spawn it (from the Brits HQ truck where I've added it) the Jeep itself including the twin vickers mg's comes out pink but the crew are properly textured.

I know this means the game can't find the textures.

Problem is the package I downloaded (from the link in the 1st post) wasn't quite packaged properly so the files were not in the correct folder structure, or so it seemed looking at the ebps animator entry, so I put the model files where the ebps animator line says they should be.

Would anyone know the correct folder structure to put the textures in? Currently I have them in data>art>models>races>commonwealth>vehicles>SAS_jeep>SAS_jeep>model

Tried putting them just in data>art>models>races>commonwealth>vehicles>SAS_jeep where the .rgm files are and the jeep still came out pink.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ravenmorpheus; 10th Jun 12 at 3:32 PM.
    Dark Angel Within, Dark Angel Without, Dark Angel Forever.
    Get your Soulstorm Skirmish/Multiplayer Wargear mod here or check out the thread here

Now on Facebook as Raven Morpheus, there's only one...

Just check if it matches in the RGM, the path can be whatever you want it just has to match the RGM

Thanks.

How do I do that? In the Object Editor, which I currently don't have and have never used (waiting for it to finish downloading though)?

Was kind of hoping someone knew the correct path, I've even tried just naming the SAS_Jeep folder jeep and just putting it into data>art>models>races>commonwealth>vehicles, as that's where Slayerknecht says his mickey mouse camo skin is supposed to go. Still didn't work, the game couldn't find the .rgm when I put it in commonwealth>vehicles>jeep and just gave me a blue box of doom!!

EDIT - nevermind, I got it to work. Had to fudge it though. What I did was put the model files (.rgm and the others) in data>art>models>races>commonwealth>vehicles>SAS_jeep then in the ebps referenced the jeep.rgm as being in the SAS_jeep folder. But I put the textures into data>art>models>races>commonwealth>vehicles>jeep>jeep>model

Don't know why it worked like that (with the model being in SAS_jeep and the textures in jeep) but it's working now.

Good little addon this. Reminds me of Sean Connery in A Bridge Too Far.

Great work guys.
    Last edited by ravenmorpheus; 10th Jun 12 at 3:58 PM.

The package was fine. it still is. I installed it into my 1st mod folder, and it worked straight off. Id suggest that your mods pathing is not correct, or that there are probebly 2 data folders due to the file benig rared up like that. If it doesnt work properly after youve checked that go and look at the one in blitzkrieg and see how they have pathed it. I believe nhctov also have it in theyre mod, and again it works fine. Its just a matter of common sense and faulty pathing elimination.

No I'm sorry I dropped the package straight in to begin with, no double data folders or anything, just the supposed correct pathing, didn't work at all to begin with so I checked where the files had been put. I haven't had the problem with any other units I've put into my mod. So yes I believe the package was erroneously pathed.

The ebps for example are put in DataAttrib>attrib>ebps if you use the package, the one I downloaded at least, which came from the link in the 1st post. That is not the correct place to put them in, they should be put in DataAttrib>attrib>races>allies_commonwealth>vehicles, otherwise how do you reference the ebps in the sbps correctly in Corsix Mod Studio and how does the game find them?

I coded a lot of the still upcoming Dark Angels mod for DoW1 (assuming they're still using my code) so I do know how files should be pathed and referenced and CoH isn't that different to DoW1.

No big deal though, I got it working, as I said above.

The package works, the epbs files were put in under a folder called epbs and the model files under a folder called data. With the assumption that anyone using the package would know where they went, otherwise they shouldent be using it anyway.

Now i asked you to look at nhctov sas jeep and blitzkriegs sas jeep, not to argue with me over silly little things like where to place the ebps, or what the folder order should be. One thing you should never ever do is drop files into your mod without checking where they are going. Its the road to ruin and confusion. The assumption here was that anyone using this package would know how to install it and how to work in corsix. If they dont know that they shouldent be using it anyway.

That said it isnt solving your problem, and me acting like an ass because ive had a bad month isnt going to help eigther.

So ive uploaded my own one with the exact folder order for everything. It has everything with it ui icons slayers skin and the final files i had. Plus you get a better nrm for the vickers k guns out of it, so not all is lost, as it makes them look very sexy.

Read the RTFM file before you go throwing it into your mod. The credits included are accurate and Final. I will also post this model in my old thread, as its the start of my sorting things out.

Download

First post is updated with this.

The package works, the epbs files were put in under a folder called epbs and the model files under a folder called data. With the assumption that anyone using the package would know where they went, otherwise they shouldent be using it anyway.
    Jeez, that's nice and friendly.

When/if I release a mod I tend to pack it up so that people don't have to know where to put everything, they can just drop it in - less confusion for the end user that way. 99.9% of the mods I've come across (for any game) are properly structured (and tested to destruction) so that you can extract them and drop them in. That usually prevents problems such as I've experienced where the game couldn't find the textures as the folder structure is already set for the user - and we all use the same structure within our mods anyway.

I learnt that from Thudmeizer btw.

Now i asked you to look at nhctov sas jeep and blitzkriegs sas jeep, not to argue with me over silly little things like where to place the ebps, or what the folder order should be. One thing you should never ever do is drop files into your mod without checking where they are going. Its the road to ruin and confusion. The assumption here was that anyone using this package would know how to install it and how to work in corsix. If they dont know that they shouldent be using it anyway.

That said it isnt solving your problem, and me acting like an ass because ive had a bad month isnt going to help eigther.
    Quite, no need for an attitude. Where to place the ebps is not a silly little thing at all, without it the unit doesn't work in-game, so I'd say it's location is quite important...

I also know what I'm doing when it comes to putting things in the right place, as I said I've coded the majority of attrib for the still forthcoming Dark Angels mod for DoW1.

But it does get quite confusing, especially as I've done no CoH/DoW1 modding for 2 years and largely forgotten it all, when a model can't find it's textures because they are in fact in the wrong folder, as they were in this case, otherwise having the model in Commonwealth>Vehicles>SAS_Jeep and the textures in Commonwealth>Vehicles>Jeep>Jeep>Model wouldn't have resolved the problem.

Love to know why the model and textures need to be in two different folders trees like that, I'm pretty sure it's not my mod folders structure that is at fault otherwise none of the other few units I've added would work.

So ive uploaded my own one with the exact folder order for everything. It has everything with it ui icons slayers skin and the final files i had. Plus you get a better nrm for the vickers k guns out of it, so not all is lost, as it makes them look very sexy.

Read the RTFM file before you go throwing it into your mod. The credits included are accurate and Final. I will also post this model in my old thread, as its the start of my sorting things out.

Very kind of you.

I'm happy with the one that was originally in the link in the first post, looks great. Just wanted some advice on as to why the game couldn't find the textures and possibly a proper solution, not a debate on whether my mods pathing is wrong, which it's not and never was. Or instructions to go and download nearly a gigs worth (would take an hour or so for me on my connection) of other mods to find out how the model/texture files should be placed.

Thanks.

Great mod btw, so don't think I'm not grateful.
    Last edited by ravenmorpheus; 10th Jun 12 at 8:02 PM.

Your one of these people that just likes quoting little parts of comments and trying to pick holes in things arnt you.

Up untill now i was being reasonable and most of what i posted was a leg pull or just a dig. But as you insist on acting like a pratt, by highlighting and quoting. ill put it straight.

The files were put in the origional order for modders not people with no experience in moding COH. I personally modded in Silent hunter III and IV for 3 years before coming to this forum and prior to that in Unreal tournament and the counterstrike right back to beta 6.1. Just because i did that didnt mean i knew JACK about company of heroes. and on a scale of 1 to 10 i still only know about a 4. So kindly dont try to lecture me on "Oh but im an old hand, because in here you are not.

You are like every one else. Learning as we go along. And the best way to learn is to pull the game apart and learn the damn folder order. Which sir is basically what i told you to do.

If i spent this amount of time messing about everytime someone had a pink model & who could not be bothered to help himself. Do you honestly think i would have any sort of home life. Or would i be pulling things apart for others continually. Now i had to learn here the hard way. I suggest you do the same and instead of highlighting what you think offends you, and quoting it you start reading between the lines and being a little grateful when someone bothered to take an hour of theyre time to pull all the files together from 3 different hard drives and upload them for you.

If you were being reasonable it didn't come across as such. Sarcasm/leg pulls or digs don't translate well in print. And there is no need to have an attitude or call anyone names.

You were lecturing me, telling me my mod folders structure was incorrect and that I should know what I'm doing.

And I did end up working it out myself, through trial and error. However I already know the folder order as I have set up my mod prior to today (it was done >2 years ago and was working perfectly fine with the other mods I came across at the time and integrated into it (not many I admit, hence the reason I'm on the lookout for some more units to add)), and I'm not a noob when it comes to doing so, although I may have forgotten some things. This mod simply was not working in the proper folder order, for whatever reason.

And I like you have a home life so I don't want to spend hours trying to troubleshoot a simple addon unit.

But please don't let that stop you from telling me to download nearly a gigs worth of other mods, an hour or more worth of bandwidth usage assuming the download doesn't fail as Normandy1944 has been for me when downloading from ModDB, simply to find out where the textures in that particular version of this mod goes.

And no I'm not one of those people who like quoting little parts to pick holes in, I quote parts as I have a specific response to that particular part. I then quote the next part I wish to respond to. I often don't respond with one whole post in case a point is missed, overlooked or simply not understood.

As for learning the hard way - yep I did that also, >2 years ago, the same as you, still am seeing as I've largely forgotten most of what I knew >2 years ago. I don't pretend to know it all about CoH/DoW1 modding, but neither do I need treating like a noob who may have his file structure wrong or not know where files are supposed to go.

If I was that much of a noob I wouldn't have even known the pink model was because of the game being unable to locate the textures.

As for not being grateful, please, read my posts at #32 and the one directly above yours just now and see where I've said "great work guys" and "great mod btw".

If there wasn't a problem with the mod in the first place I wouldn't have bothered asking, I would have simply got on and played the game, as I do with all the other mods I've installed/done myself.

Frankly as a modder I'd be grateful that someone pointed out there may be a problem with the placement of the texture files - but given your undue attitude I'm guessing you don't think there was a problem in the version that I downloaded.

As for being grateful for you taking an hour to pull the files together - as I said I'm happy with the original version that I downloaded, now that I've worked out where the textures need placing to make the model work within my mod and it's working fine in-game, I did not ask you to pull the files together, nor do I require them, but it's nice that you did and I appreciate that, never said I didn't and I really don't get where you got the implication that I did.

However as I had the problem sorted by the time I edited my post at #32 at 11:58 you could have just left it at that - I was happy I got it to work, no need for anything else to be said really. It wasn't like I was having a dig at you or the people who produced the mod with you in my post at #32, just simply stating what the problem was and how I solved it for myself, I'm sure if anyone had a similar problem they'd appreciate the info.
    Last edited by ravenmorpheus; 10th Jun 12 at 8:40 PM.

What should bring this discussion man? Can you please stop this ranting, it's really boring and without any substance.

This topic should be locked I guess, since DMz will handle this model through his other page: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...mmunity-Models

What should bring this discussion man? Can you please stop this ranting, it's really boring and without any substance.
    Oh I'm sorry. I got a less than friendly response after telling DMz my mods folder is correct and was treated like a complete noob after I'd already explained what I did to resolve the issue I was having, hence providing a clue as to why it happened and that I was perfectly satisfied with the solution and that the mod is working fine now for me.

I take offence to being treated like that, hence the continued discussion.

But you're right, this discussion shouldn't have taken place, I was perfectly happy having solved the issue with the mod I was having at 11:58 last night before DMz even offered his advice.

I am sorry if you find it boring and without substance.

When did this community suddenly become so unfriendly - last time I was part of it (when I was involved in the Darks Angles DoW1 full race mod) it was such a helpful, polite and friendly place, or perhaps that was just the DoW1 part of the community?!

42. Technical Help Senior Member  #42
    I'm not even sure where this came from, I think you're both reading into each others posts differently. Just chillout guys, the Modding forums has had enough drama for one day.

Thread Information