- Need help fixing an annoying "Fatal SCAR Error"...

- Need help fixing an annoying "Fatal SCAR Error"...

Hey.

Every time I try to play "The Secrets of Angel Forge", a persistent SCAR error keeps popping up. It just appears as the words "Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused" in the centre of the screen.

I'm aware that modding Tarkus into termie armour screws up this level, but that isn't what's happening here. This error occurs at the very beginning of the mission, as the camera is initially following the Ork wartrukk. I am playing with modded files, but Tarkus and his squad are equipped with power armour.

I opened up the console, and this is what it said:
    Code:
    Objectives Started!
    HintPoint_Remove: parameter is nil!
    Squad* cannot be nil!
    - FATAL SCAR Error! -
    Invalid parameter 1 (type expected=Squad*, received=nil) in funtion Squad_SetPlayer_Owner
     Lua         AngelForge_ObjReliquary.scar Ln 681 (Reliquary_OrkRunner)
    FATAL SCAR Error while running rules - Execution has been paused!

So, I extracted and opened the SCAR file in question ("Archives\simulation\scar\campaignmissions\angelforge_missiond2\angelforge_objreliquary.scar" to my knowledge), and line 681 is part of this code block (marked by "<<<"):
    Code:
    function Reliquary_OrkRunner ()
    	if Prox_SGroupSGroup (sg_hero2, sg_AllPlayerSquads, PROX_SHORTEST) <= 15 then
    		Objective_Complete (obj_Tarkus)
    --~ 		Util_AutoIntel (t_Events.obj_Reliquary.OrkRunner)
    		g_TarkusOwner = (Squad_GetPlayerOwner (SGroup_GetSpawnedSquadAt (sg_hero2, 1)))
    		Squad_SetPlayerOwner (TarkusSquadID, SafePlayer (ScarGameBackend.GetPlayer(1)))                             <<<
    		SGroup_AddGroup (sg_AllPlayerSquads, sg_hero2)
    		SGroup_AddGroup (sg_allheroes, sg_hero2)

--~ 		Rule_AddOneShot (Eldar_SquadTabTarkus, 1)
    		Util_AutoIntel (t_Events.obj_Reliquary.Reliquary2)
    		Rule_RemoveMe ()
    	end
    end

So can anyone help me out? I can't even understand SCAR coding, much less edit it.

Thanks in advance!

Well that line refers to trying to get Tarkus, and it is failing...and since this is the first time I've seen this error reported in the wild, and the game is 2+ years old, the logical conclusion is that the modding is the culprit.

I removed Tarkus from my line-up of squads, and the error stopped popping up.

The game must have tried to prevent me from accessing Tarkus earlier, but because I assigned him to coop player 2, it failed?

Anyway, began the level, but it CTD when Tarkus showed up in terminator armour. Playing the unmodded game failed to solve the SCAR error, but it prevented the crash.

So yeah, I can keep playing. But I'd still like o figure out why it crashed when Tarkus appeared... I've only modified the sbps squad_loadout values.

Yes, in that mission you aren't supposed to deploy with Tarkus, he appears in mission to rejoin you.

Yeah, but when he rejoined me in terminator armour the game crashed.

And why do you think I could even initially deploy Tarkus? Shouldn't he have been unselectable?

If he was in terminator armour, then it could have messed up the game logic so he wasn't removed originally.

He wasn't though. I never put him in Terminator armour. Oh well.

Thread Information