start up for retribution Doesn't come up

nothing to do with vid but was holding rubber band inbetween my lips (?) and i pulled on the bottom and it flung up into my nostril

start up for retribution Doesn't come up

dang i hate having to use tech assistance for problems like this, *sigh*.

here's the deal.

If Retribution uses the same tech stuff, directx, etc. how come it doesn't even show the startup menu, or show up on "my computer" any help on this little problem?

also

having got the complete collection (easier to get games in a group) i go on vanilla dowII it says that i need to update games for windows live, yet it says i need internet connection, even though i'm on the internet. annoying, yes? indeed. it prevents me from signing in, and forces me to use my offline account. what type of connection do i need?

Retribution, like the other DOW2 games, is a Steam title. When you first install it, Steam gives you the choice whether you would like shortcuts to be created for it. You can right-click on the game in Steam and click "Create Desktop Shortcut" easily.

I'm not sure why Games for Windows LIVE doesn't recognize that you are online. Do you have any firewall software installed? Check www.gamesforwindows.com for a guide to setting up your network with it.
    Last edited by Pulse.r; 25th Jul 11 at 10:27 AM.

nothing to do with vid but was holding rubber band inbetween my lips (?) and i pulled on the bottom and it flung up into my nostril
    No firewall.

4. Technical Help Senior Member  #4
    Any error codes and messages displayed when failing to sign in?

My advice would be to try manually downloading and installing the latest Games for Windows LIVE client, as there may have been improvements to network infrastructure or whatnot. However since the GFWL.com merge with XBOX.com I am unable to find and provide you with a download link but it might be worth a search.

Thanks, if this don't work, I'm fethed.

Thread Information