Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheatmod - editing for Retribution

Imperial Guard Cheatmod - editing for Retribution

URGENT EDIT #?:
    Test file uploaded at long last! Cheatmod for Retribution is still not 100% complete, but its up and available for testing. If you play Retribution, go ahead and try it out. See what you think of the modifications I've put into it!

Retribution-compatible cheatmod --> http://www.mediafire.com/?0uoplvuasrwd6c3
    Original credit to Shiron of cheathappens.com, whom created it for DoW2 vanilla

(quotation marks denote that the above key should be used, in the below example "+F2 means Shift+F2)

Ctrl+Shift+F1 = Help menu

Shift+F1 = level up squad(s)
    "+F2 = heal squad(s)
    "+F3 = make squad(s) invincible
    "+F4 = kill selected squad(s)

Ctrl+F1 = increase requisition
    "+F2 = increase power
    "+F3 = increase pop cap
    "+F4 = decrease pop cap (why would you want to!?)
    "+F5 = turn off/on fog of war
    "+F6 = instant unit/upgrade production
    "+F7 = instant ability recharge (not yet confirmed, the dow2r trainer on cheathappens does this WAY better)
    "+F8 = toggle AI (never tested this even with vanilla dow2, probably does work though, might be most noticeable when using expert difficulty)
    "+F9 = spawn unit table (further instructions follow in this menu, have at it spacekiller2011)
    "+F10 = spawn wargear (huge list, starts with chaos wargear, sorry but I couldn't organise it better, better to use a "get all wargear after 1st mission" mod)
    Last edited by ShasVa; 6th Sep 11 at 11:25 PM. Reason: TEST FILE UPLOADED!

maybe if you were to contact the maker of the cheatmod, Shiron, on cheathappens, you might be able to get the answers you need
    Damn It Ravenor, im a chaos worshipper, not a loyalist
    They mapped for our sins: http://mapsofwar.info/
    Chocolate?

Cheathappens don't give you much "room" for sending PMs, but I sent one anyways.

As in my 2nd edit of the OP, I stated that all Chaos units are now spawnable. I simply used the "map editor" to find out where each unit/squad data file resides. Next up will be the Imperial Guard, Retribution-specific units for the original four races, and all Retribution-Campaign units. If I can get around to it, I'll find a way to spawn Retribution wargear too (only the good stuff, nothing crappy!)

Not bad for someone who has never worked with scar scripting before!

indeed, you have done alot more than i could with the cheat mod, good job and am looking forword to what you can find
    Last edited by General Kong; 18th Aug 11 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks General.

I got Tyranid wargear to spawn, but doing so replaced the Space Marine wargear. It should be possible to create a new "spawn wargear" table, not unlike the one for "spawn units". But as I said, it may take some time to figure out. Like I said, I haven't worked with scar scripting before.

EDIT: But just MAYBE not as much as time as I thought will be needed. After analysis of the SquadMenuHandler and WargearMenuHandler functions, I believe I can come up with a way to get all non-marine wargear to spawn at will. Give me some time and I'll post my results when I have them!
    Last edited by ShasVa; 18th Aug 11 at 7:06 PM.

Apologies for the double-post but this couldn't wait!

I have successfully added and tested the Imperial Guard units. They have their own list in the "spawn units" menu of the cheatmod, and all spawn without incident. One more success step on the road to the goal!!

Now where can I upload the Retribution-compatible cheatmod so that others can have a chance to try it out? I'd love to get feedback on what I've accomplished.

well, you should ask Shiron for permission to post this because it is his after all, if you get the permission then you might be able to post it in Mod in progress(if you intend to add more) or completed mods(if you dont)

I'll try to message him again. Although I don't like my chances. Cheathappens gives you only 50 characters for a PM - hardly enough to get his A-OK!

so what's up man?

Still sorting out the Retribution-Campaign units. I'm thinking of not including all of them, as the cheatmod has other options to help with that. Will definitely try out Gabriel and Kyras though. Kyras won't be in his daemon prince form, as that would most likely be buggy.

Also trying to figure out how to make PvP/Skirmish units have all of their abilities without needing their respective HQ building. This will be tricky though. I don't know where to begin!

ahaa
    keep up the good work man
    btw is your mod got the ability to spawn items already?
    send it to me plz ;p

It is Shiron's mod mate, not mine. Although he did recently say OK to me uploading the Retribution-compatible version. Credit will be given for his work, for without it mine wouldn't be possible.

Now do I need an external link for the download, or does relicnews have some sort of attachment system?

Btw, that Chaos Champion fought in the arena mission. When he spawns, he generates an explosion that (I think) hurts all around him in a LARGE area. Still, he is useful for melee engagements.
    Also, spawning five Land Raiders is just tops!!

brill, i actually can wait to try out the Ret compatible cheat mod, also relicnews dosnt have an attachment system(to my knowledge) so you will have to upload it to megaupload or filefront or something like that

Will post a link to the modified cheatmod in 2 days. Forums are saying that I must be a registered member for 7 days before posting links, or some such.

Music

Due to the large number of spambots registering of late, you now must be a registered member for at least 7 days in order to post a link. You have been a registered member for 2 days. If you aren't a spambot and really need to post a link, you will have the intelligence to type out a URL that won't be formatted as a link by the forums (e.g. www . link . com).
    come on man

!~!~!~~!~!~!

www . freebytesoftware . com/download/hjsplit.zip
    Last edited by ArasH; 24th Aug 11 at 5:51 AM. Reason: Link ;p

"brill, i actually can wait to try out the Ret compatible cheat mod, also relicnews dosnt have an attachment system(to my knowledge) so you will have to upload it to megaupload or filefront or something like that"

pls dont upload to megaupload. i am in hk and its not available in hk area .
    --
    MY FACE IS MY SHIELD!
    MY URINE IS MY SWORD!!

come on man
    where are ya

please dont pester for updates ArasH, its against forums rules, he will update when he can

ok, sorry man

No worries. Still refining some Campaign-stuff atm.

I'm putting all Campaign units in their respective race lists (ie. "ork spawn list" will spawn both camp and pvp ork units). Here are some findings that I have using the Marines:
    - All honour guard squads spawn w/o incident, advised to use only when not selecting them in the pre-mission squad setup
    - Gabriel Angelos works. He is slow but seemingly powerful. His health is low (1500, compared to maxed-out Diomides, etc) but he seems to withstand a lot of punishment.
    - Jonah and Kyras work, but do nothing more than what a Librarian is capable of. Therefore only Jonah will be included.
    - Daemon Kyras has not and will not be tested. It is likely that such a large-sized unit, who is also virtually immobile, would bug-out the game!
    Other findings are:
    - The "Deranged Chaos Champion", fought during the Arena mission (before the final?) works. However when he spawns he throws out a large explosion that hits friend and foe - hard!

Getting the "instant ability recharge on/off" cheat to work might be possible, but will require me to list all of the Retribution abilities, and there are A LOT!!

Stay tuned!!

The Retribution compatible cheatmod will be ready for uploading soon. I'm deciding not to add certain NPC units, simply because they aren't terribly useful. Angelos may end up joining them, simply because Diomedes outperforms him when decked- and maxed-out correctly.

All units from Retribution, including Imperial Guard and Chaos, have been added to the spawn lists for Skirmishes, and they are confirmed to work.
    All wargear spawns and is confirmed to work (it will appear in the wargear list where you equip your team).
    The other cheats, such as Invincibility, Level Up, Instant-Death, etc all still work in Retribution.

Stay tuned good players. It won't be much longer now!

keep up the good work bruh \m/

Cheers mate.

It isn't completely finished, but I will upload it anyway. I need others to try out the modifications I've added to the file.

For those who download and test, let me know how it goes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0uoplvuasrwd6c3

Credit to Shiron, for creating the cheatmod back when DoW2 came out!

Just a silly question how to swap units.
    Learn from your failure.

If soldiers don't like drones, I don't like the 'roo carrier. I mean, I really respect the cow kangaroo, but the soldier appreciates, the 'roo carrier is supposed to take damage with him inside. The cow Kangaroo, doesn't get damaged, at all. If the female Kangaroo is called the cow Kangaroo, as the female elephant is the cow elephant.

Swap units?? I don't understand!

I downloaded your file and checked the readme it says "spawning new units from existing races in Skirmish" how to do that?

Woopsy, sorry. I'll have the alter the readme. In the meantime:

(quotation marks denote that the above key should be used, in the below example "+F2 means Shift+F2)

Ctrl+Shift+F1 = Help menu

Shift+F1 = level up squad(s)
    "+F2 = heal squad(s)
    "+F3 = make squad(s) invincible
    "+F4 = kill selected squad(s)

Ctrl+F1 = increase requisition
    "+F2 = increase power
    "+F3 = increase pop cap
    "+F4 = decrease pop cap (why would you want to!?)
    "+F5 = turn off/on fog of war
    "+F6 = instant unit/upgrade production
    "+F7 = instant ability recharge (not yet confirmed, the dow2r trainer on cheathappens does this WAY better)
    "+F8 = toggle AI (never tested this even with vanilla dow2, probably does work though, might be most noticeable when using expert difficulty)
    "+F9 = spawn unit table (further instructions follow in this menu, have at it spacekiller2011)
    "+F10 = spawn wargear (huge list, starts with chaos wargear, sorry but I couldn't organise it better, better to use a "get all wargear after 1st mission" mod)

Thanx @ShasVa and kep up your good work

Best Wishes

Space.
    Last edited by spacekiller; 6th Sep 11 at 7:11 AM.

it is always wise to update the first post with the link for ease of access

FEEDBACK

Well all functions are working properly but in the campain if you swap any skirmish unit their body is only showing not their heads or weapons.
    But in skirmish if you swap any campain unit everything okay with it.

Best Wishes

Space.

Aaah at Last
    Gonna try it right now

Btw as General Kong said it's better to update 1st post of the topic

thank you my friend <3

----------

Mirrors

----------

Game crashes when I try to run it with "-dev"
    what should I do?

I also run it but it didnt crash with me

A side-effect of the different game modes. Even Shiron could not cure this "problem".
    No point in spawning skirmish units in campaign anyway, as you can just insta-get them from the HQ building (Ctrl+F6 once your pop cap is very high).

Cheers on the feedback Space.

@ShasVa will gabriel angelos be present in ur compleated mod.

I don't see why not. However he only has 1500 health and cannot be lvled-up or decked-out. Additionally, he seems kinda slow. Would you really want to use him?
    I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just giving you my findings on using him.

I went back to altering the mod today, and decided to add in all Campaign units, regardless of what I perceive as useful (others' perceptions will be different). I've only tested Chaos atm, and here some findings:

- The Deranged Chaos Champion creates a damaging explosion when spawned, which hurts both friend and foe
    - Daemon Kyras is stable, has about 200K health, and has some powerful attacks (no icons or help text though), however he cannot be moved from the position he is spawned from
    - "Chaos Nuke Aura" appears to be the effect of the "Chaos Portal" global ability, however it just shows the chains and nothing else (no red glowing rocks or portal effects)
    - There appear to be three versions of Eliphas, although none seem to be different in abilities

Stay tuned!

EDIT: I altered the "heal selected squads" cheat to heal the entire team. I can confirm that it works, and will work with no squads selected. I borrowed the code from that mysterious cheatmenu.lua file, which I think is stored in data000.sga or some such file.
    Last edited by ShasVa; 12th Sep 11 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Heal select squad now heals entire team!

Where is the ork battle wagon? i couldn't find it, am i just not looking hard enuf or is it that some of the units titles aren't visible when selecting them?
    Also some but not all of the hero replacement units are there and all units are pushed back by 1.
    So what i mean is F1 will actually get you F2 and so on. this means you cannot get the F1 unit at all. I find it aggravating to press one button and get something entirely different when what you want you cannot ever get.
    Last edited by IansMentalOmega; 30th Sep 11 at 10:51 AM.

hi ShasVa, brilliant mod you made here!
    but perhaps it has caused some sorts of a bug in the game: the ork campaign doesn't show up. total black screen. there are no other mods installed at all so i'm quiet positive that it has something to do with your mod. i don't know if anyone's here experienced that yet so please check it.

the black screen happens with even the original cheat mod by Shiron, basically you turn of the cheat mod, start the ork campaign, save it, start up the mod again, and you will then play the orks no problem

The General is correct. Follow what he said and you can't go wrong.

I'll finish the Eldar Campaign units soon and upload the revised file. I apologise for the delay in posting.

I am also pleased to see that its been well-received.

thanks! I've try removing -dev in the the parameter and it works!

Please post any updates and please give record of how things are going, I am also wondering if you could post a timeline after every update as to when you expect to release the next version. I am happy to test!

Hey ShasVa, are you going to post any updates? please do, i would like to try the newest make out and give feed back but i cant without actually haveing the new one to work with. Thanks!

Hello? Has this thread been abandoned?
    Please say no!

is this mod still going??? everyone???

I recieved word from ShasVa that this mod is still going

Greetings everyone. The thread nor the project have not been abandoned.

Restarting will be slow, that must be understood. I have a file I'd like people to test to see if it works on other PCs. Get it here: http://www.2shared.com/file/0vEm9jhF..._cheatmod.html

Currently, all that has been done is a few tiny spelling-error fixes, and I've added all of the Tyranids' PVP units to their roster.

TO DO list:
    - add the other races' "new" units to their PVP rosters
    - work out a way to organise the Campaign units due to more than one race being Campaign-playable
    - figure out how I did that "heal entire team" cheat again

Doesnt work for me does not show campaign units or imp guard units or chaos units

The link in my very-first original post STILL works. I tested it and confirmed this, so use that until I can get another, more updated file uploaded.

When will update be released? Will you be able to spawn base structures? Please say yes! I want to spawn extra command units and not have them limited to their teir 1 wargear. also think it would help if using other mods w/ it such as codex edition or all dreadnaught weapons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information