Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Space Marine Custom Titus Skins - Helmets for Titus!

Thanks Mac_Bug, but totally fixed it, used facebook instead x3
    Never befriend an Ork on Facebook without first limiting your public profile from The Emperor.

This is awesome, great job. Was thinking about getting the 360 version but deffo now the PC version! Any chance of an Iron Snakes chapter colour so i can kill the
    wretched orks with thier fearsome spartan style nemesis?

Nyarl
    Man, if you can, please, make a commander Vanilla Ice head skin. It would be so awesome to complete the game with our favorite mute Blood Raven.
    It would be even more unhumanly awesome to change squad members into Tarkus and Thaddeus.

Sion
    Would love to see a Pre-Heresy Luna Wolves to go with the beast mutton chops!

Quote Originally Posted by THQSledgehammer
    You are not able to adjust the armour Captain Titus is wearing in the campaign. A very good Modder has hacked into the demo game code and has applied some Multiplayer aromour colors etc... But that is not going to be an option within the full game.

Space Marine will follow Captain Titus of the Ultramarines.
    Sledge posted this on SM forums a few minutes ago.
    "Just remember, the golden rule of all Dawn of War discussion boils down to a simple truth: Buff IG." - FooF

Lol they have no idea what I did :P

Good to hear.

please, make a commander Vanilla Ice head skin
    Hehe, not THAT will be an awesome mod. Then delete all his soundfiles and have Sidonus and Leandros do the talking.

Marines

Cant wait to run around as a Death Watch ultramarine in the campaign its gonna be so epic
    =][= "We are the hammer!" =][=

--------O҉R̚̕̚DO҉ MA҉LLE҉US--------

Lol they have no idea what I did :P
    haha nice one hope you are able to do it for the proper game would be epic to choose your own side not just ultrasmurfs

That was a harsh statement by THQSledgehammer. If it was somebody from Relic saying that I'd be worried since they've proven themselves to be pretty relaxed with regards to modding campaigns. I just hope THQ doesn't put Relic under pressure to kill campaign modding in the full game.

I for one am hoping that someone could post the link to where Sledge is stating that. Their forums don't have an easy way of tracking the post down.

Why do I want that post? I'd like to see the context in which it is written. The way the quote is worded above leaves a bit of room for interpretation, hence seeing the actual context in which it was written might give a better impression of what he actually meant.

Yes, it may mean that they are planning on putting a lid on modding. However, let me give you an alternative interpretation, quoted straight from an IRC chat a few minutes ago:
    [21:55:31] <@Kresjah> That is, I'm guessing what he means is that people won't be able to choose what Chapter you play as in the campaign in the full game. You never know, some people might actually think that you have the option to customize him in the full game, and that it is a feature taken out of the demo.
    Das Bavarian Franch Reich
    13 kilograms og Belgian hair
    19 incidents of prolapsus from France
    66 liters of unaware pancreas-hatted English priests
    1/2 soothing-voiced Norwegian baboon

I absolutely love the armors and head alterations but I have one little request that I've been wondering if it could be made...

Is it even possible for you to give Titus something a bit chaos themed? I would be SO happy if you could ^^
    ... and if that something would be Tzeentch themed I'd be overjoyed, too.

EDIT: Personally I don't have a problem with Sledge's statement. Basically he said that a very talented person made a mod that gives Titus alternate armor, but there will not be an option to give Titus an alternate armor without a mod in the full game, that is all there is to it.
    My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Akagi_Ryu/
    Ruined:FYI on the bug fixing front a Steam patch can be applied in a matter of hours, most of which involve making coffee, chatting about the latest season of Survivor and pressing the upload button.

@Akagi_Ryu: The only way to really implement a chaos themed power armor for Titus would be to edit the mesh.. or even replace his current mesh with a multiplayer Chaos one. Unfortunately, as per teh AwesomeNoodle, it's nigh impossible right now because we can't even pack the OPPCs back together, let alone do everything else (like preventing the game from checking the models are right, etc). That's all stuff she's told me. :P

@Shuma: THQSledgehammer works for Relic. He doesn't work for THQ (so I'm led to believe).. Same for Noun, and the others over at the Honor Guard. And considering he's not really on the development team, I doubt he really knows what Noodle exactly did to the game and stuff. Raphael seemed pretty enthused with the Beardy Titus.

If everything in the full game is the same format as the demo, I'm sure it'll be fine. Besides, the demo has files that it doesn't even use..

Pelax
    As I see it - THQ is afraid of loosing serious money on 'Custom Gear & Look DLC' - Now Your Space Marine can have a beard for only 4,99$... PC MOD scene will soon improve the game experience with high-rez texture sets, extra gear, etc... Anyway FANTASTIC job on this mod - You Sir showed that corporate trash where they belong with their 'DLC policy':-) Look at Witcher2 - every new patch contains new free DLC - now that's a correct DLC policy!

@cobaltlotus: So THQSledgehammer, despite having THQ in his name, works for Relic? Nice to know. I hope you're right and he's talking out of his rear end when he says altering Titus' armor colors won't be possible in the full game. And by the way, I'm not Shuma. I just use the same kickass avatar.

I too would like to see where that statement was made to get a better Idea of whats going on.

@SpardaSon21: You bastahd! I got you confused.. But yeah, I'm pretty confident that Sledge doesn't really know what he's talking about. After all, the co-op info coming "very soon" has also been "very soon" for a couple weeks now.

Not much confidence to be had otherwise, right?
    Courage and Honor!
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
    They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
    Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
    They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

19. Child's Play Donor  #169
    I'm pretty sure what he's saying is all these screenshots popping up is the result of a mod and is not an actual option in game to be able to adjust what chapter titus is from. Also there is nothing preventing this particular mod from working in the full game. Disclaimer: This is neither an endorsement of the mod or other mod efforts going on nor a guarantee of any kind that they will actually work with the full game.

Quality work NastyNoodle have had some fun playing as other chapters. The blood looks great on yellow and white armor

spacemarine.com/forums/topic/3164

there you go guys thats the thread

Calm down, THQ and Relic staff only comment about official features. There's no way for them to know what some talented modder comes up with in a few weeks, even if they make the use of texmod impossible in the full version.
    There are different reasons for them not to support modding, but so far we don't have any reason to believe they're actively trying to impede it.

I interpreted that as him reassuring people it's a mod rather than an official feature.
    Knife King of Doltland

I'm not surprised. Anything within three feet of you seems to end up full of knife shaped holes.

You are a god amongst... females, Noodle. These are awesomesauce beyond reckoning and I, for one, welcome our new GodModding overlords.

That said, it would be totally kickass if you could do an Iron Snakes one! :3

lets hope so

That's the impression I got too. People are seeing lots of screenshots of a customizable Titus, and not everyone is an avid Relicnews reader (although they should be!). Sledgehammer just wanted to make sure people aren't expecting armor customization as an official option in the campaign and is trying to prevent lots of forum rage when they see it is not. Besides, I don't think he could stop Noodle from modding Titus into an Imperial Fist, a Blood Raven, or even a Hello Kitty marine even if he wanted to

Relic Entertainment
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure THQSledgehammer was just answering the OP's question as to whether you can bring your customized MP guy into campaign; you can't. The skin packs are great and I personally look forward to seeing more of them.

28. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Modding Senior Member  #178
    aahhhh love me the angry marines one. Great work!

29. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #179
    A forgettable little corner of southwestern Kentucky
    The skin packs are great and I personally look forward to seeing more of them.
    Theoretically, once the grotz get done tying everything together with string and Orky bitz we'll have a full-on Space Marine modding section 'round here for textures, the mod tools Santos, Cope and others are working on, and whatever else the RelicNews folks can come up with.
    I has a Blurb. And one of those Tweeter things.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmao
    I'd run with a shotgun to go hijack a private airplane and fly to Belgium. Nothing interesting ever happens in Belgium, so there's definitely no zombie apocalypse there.

Holder of the Knights Cross Imperial Honour's Avatar
    @Kresjah
    Tracked down the forum post for you, down to the exact post number.

@Is Sledge Relic or THQ
    Pretty confident Sledgehammer works for THQ, but due to the nature of his job as THQ's dedicated community manager for Space Marine obviously he has a fair bit of interaction with Relic Entertainment and the community. Sledge even refers to himself as THQ's Community Manager for Space Marine (check his Twitter for example). Relic Entertainment's Community Managers usually have to divide their time among all of Relic's current titles and not just Space Marine (going by the former Job application), so for THQ to employ a dedicated CM for Space Marine is nothing odd.

@Modding Issue
    While it probably could have been better clarified to avoid confusion among the modding community I think we can assume (for now) that Sledgehammer was just trying to be clear and definitive on the matter for the general public, especially since Space Marine is being released on not just the PC but the 360 and PS3 as well.
    Angels of Death: The Unforgiven - A 'new race' modification for Dawn of War II: Retribution
    Repent! For Tomorrow You Shall Die!...

Nice work NastyNoodle! Love the Blood Angels and Black Templars!

Don't mess sunshine. OpelFalcon's Avatar
    NastyNoodle, I thank you for your work loving it all, a massive cudos to you and everyone working on it. Also, I think your black head suits the character more...I don't know why...just feels right to me.

If you are taking requests, I wouldn't mind seeing some Legion of the Damned in there...The flames make them go faster. I wouldn't be bothered if you don't, just keep different ones coming and I'd be happy .

33. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War II Senior Member  #183
    Bad choice of words there from the THQ rep. Distinctive negative/hostile vibe because of "hacked", sure hope that wasn't intentional. Nice job NastyNoodle
    One step closer to the end of the decadent Eldar race.
    [...] the reason we don’t like DRM solutions is because they punish the innocent and they have to jump through all these hoops. We don’t want to do that [...]

Teamonthree
    These look fantastic, but I'm having a little trouble trying to be able to use them. I followed the directions on the readme, but when it pops up the textmod dialogue box, there are no tpf packages to load. I've set the target application to be spacemarine2 also.

Thanks for any help you can provide, but by all means dont break your back trying to figure it out. Just trying to see if anyone else had this problem. My antivirus was going nuts when I downloaded this thing (AVG).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Teamonthree View Post
    These look fantastic, but I'm having a little trouble trying to be able to use them. I followed the directions on the readme, but when it pops up the textmod dialogue box, there are no tpf packages to load. I've set the target application to be spacemarine2 also.
    You need to find the tpf packages to load first. You do that by clicking on the small folder icon underneath "Logging Mode", and then finding the tpf file you want to load.

Teamonthree
    Quote Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
    You need to find the tpf packages to load first. You do that by clicking on the small folder icon underneath "Logging Mode", and then finding the tpf file you want to load.
    I had looked there, and there are only folders "data" "logs" "reslists" "screenshots" "streaming audio"

There are no texmod package files.

They are wherever you copied them after you downloaded them from the first page.

Either you didn't download the TPFs properly or you misplaced them, in which case a simple *.tpf search will do the trick. Else, re-download the files. It's not like it'll take ages.
    We look to the heavens so that one day our children may look back towards home.

You find the tpf files on the page where you downloaded them. For example, if you saved the "Angry.tpf" on My Documents, then you need to browse to that location.

Here's a visual example, just so I won't have to repeat it to others with the same problem:

Step 1: Click on this folder icon to browse for the .tpf files that you downloaded.

Step 2. Click on the .tpf files that you want.

Do note that my .tpf files are already there because that's where I downloaded them. For example if you downloaded them elsewhere:

For example, "My Downloads", then you'll need to find your .tpf files there.

And of course, obviously you don't get .tpf files to use unless you download them from one of the many mod files on the first page.

could you do a helmet?
    Aaaaarrrrgghhhhhh aaaarrrghhhh arrrrggghhhhhhh-
    Chewbacca

I'd like to request a Red Scorpions skin, please noodle?
    SCIENCE!*Warning: Unsuitable for the epileptic-prone*

@ozzakaboom: a helmet, or any other new armour part as it goes, would require modelling a mesh and importing it which is not what Noodle does.
    Mind you, thanks to Santos (and i'm sure other big shots from the modding community) this might just become possible soon.

For helmet mods and other new parts, I'm thinking we have to wait for the full game on that so we can use the available assets there.

The necessary helmet meshes are in the demo, however since texmod cannot inject meshes, the best we can do here is paint the faces blue. Or wait till the appropriate tools are available, which could easily take months.
    Maybe NastyNoodles should put something like "no mesh mods" into the first post so people stop asking for helmets, weapons or third legs here.

Relic should thank you.
    this is the reason why i'll be getting the game.
    i hate the smurfs and now that i don't have to look like one, things are gonna be great

but can you have a mod where the character gets a helmet?
    i don't want to look at his plastic face

Quote Originally Posted by Valtonis
    Relic should thank you.
    this is the reason why i'll be getting the game.
    i hate the smurfs and now that i don't have to look like one, things are gonna be great

but can you have a mod where the character gets a helmet?
    i don't want to look at his plastic face
    if you read the above posts you will probably see that isn't what noodle does, someone else will probably have to do that

yep, since it is using texmod it will only be for textures.
    replacing models would have to be done by someone else i guess

saying that was thinking would it be possible to change the colour of the chainsword to a yellow/black striped, or is that out of noodles hands?

Well to be fair guys I 'do' do modelling stuff etc, just look at any of my Dow2 modding threads to see the evidence of that. But yes, PLEASE stop asking for helmet mods, when it's possible, it'll be done, and asking over and over and over again isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Red Scars - Been planning to do em

Chevron Sword - Unfortunately there's already a chainsword replacement in the armour files, so would have issues. If you told me your fav chapter, I could make a special one for you, as the idea is cool, it would suit the iron hands I guess.

Legion of the Damned, maybe. If I did em I'd have some fun and make Titus semi transparent and ghost-like :P

Teamonthree, you need to download whatever it is you want Titus to look like, or of course there wont be anything to load.

And thanks for the comments everyone <3

You've got the Angry Marines, how about the Pretty Marines~? ;D

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information