Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don's mods, now with Garviel Loken 2.0

Don's mods, now with Garviel Loken 2.0

Ok decided to change this thread slightly, since everybody should be able to make the bionic arm mod now themselves. It's still here for those too lazy to be bothered.

Bionic arm

Titus as Luna Wolf

Garviel Loken in mk4 armour

"Pre-heresy" jumppack for Luna Wolves and Garviel Loken

Killteam Titus Deathwatch mod

Astral Claws Arch-Centurion Carnac Commodus mod

Simple chainsword mod

New Combat Knife mod

Garviel Loken 2.0
    Last edited by Don the Oiler; 12th Oct 12 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added Garvi 2.0

Chisui
    have you found that model or have you actually a method of importing rigged meshes ingame? pretty cool though, now noodle can make Iron Hands^^

Holder of the Knights Cross Imperial Honour's Avatar
    Ah excellent, now I can play as a Captain Titus that lost his left arm in a previous campaign. This calls for... IRON HANDS!
    Angels of Death: The Unforgiven - A 'new race' modification for Dawn of War II: Retribution
    Repent! For Tomorrow You Shall Die!...

I just took the one from Sidonus.

Titus: Now worth 6 Million Dollars. *ehem*

Nice job there

Cool job with that Bionic arm!

Can we make requests, Don? You and Noodle, as well as others, seem to be pretty good at this.. I have no modding talent lol
    Last edited by cobaltlotus; 29th Aug 11 at 10:04 AM.
    Courage and Honor!
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
    They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
    Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
    They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Of course you can make requests. Maybe i'll even do it when i'll feel like it hehe. But i should point out that Noodle's mods are much higher quality, plus she can handle normal maps. All i can do is change heraldry and slap different colours on the meshes.
    When the game comes out it will be easier anyway, even if we can't edit the campaign chapter via the attrib_pc files, the full game should have teamcolour templates like DOW1 and 2. Doing any chapter shouldn't take longer than a few minutes then.

Think you could try a Luna Wolves? That'd be awesome, and I think that several people would worship you for it. That, or maybe pre-heresy Death Guard!

In the name of the Emprah~

Sure i can give it a try, but the demo only has mk7/8 pattern armour. Would look a little out of place.

With the right texturework you could make it look pretty good. I'm not even sure the MP customizer has the right armor for Luna Wolves anyway.

Customizer has MkIV to MkVIII, which means you'll have the possibility to play your LW, yes, as in the hayday of the Great Crusade (viz. MkIV). In the meantime, well, you'll have to bear with the Aquila and Errant patterns.
    We look to the heavens so that one day our children may look back towards home.

Sounds good to me. I'm sure Don and Noodle have plenty of other neat things in store for the modding population!

Uploaded a skin for Titus as a Luna Wolf in first post. For some reason the loincloth skin doesn't work ingame, though its visible in the main menu.

Spoiler

Last edited by Don the Oiler; 30th Aug 11 at 11:38 AM.

That's epicly shiny, Don! Nice work. I think it looks awesome.

Yeah the outdoor level doesn't like white colour very much. At least you can blind your foes with your armour. Looks fine in "Battlements" though.

That's a good looking skin. Unfortunately your download link goes to bionicarm.rar.

Also, the reason that the loincloth texture doesn't work is because there are actually two belt parts: "sm_armour_basic_upres_belt" and "sm_armour_basic_upres_belt_fe". You must have only edited the one for main menu (the cinematic version), not the in-game version.
    The Dark Angels Mod - "Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

Whoops you're right. Updated the link and the loincloth.
    Hmmm two different meshes huh? Do you know if the menu version has more bones or anything?

I don't know what the difference is. For my Grey Knight skin, I was able to use the same texture for both versions though.

The skin is a little bright when in the light, but it's perfect in an area with little natural light. I'm loving the skin Don, you did an awesome job! I'll edit this post with a few eyecandy screens once I finish the final Nob charge.

EDIT: Luna Wolf goodness!

Last edited by cobaltlotus; 30th Aug 11 at 12:20 PM.

Curious, the cuirass seems to be impregnated with some kind of gore-repellant. Anyone knows if that's handled in the _lp textures or somewhere? Or is it because it's Sidonus' torso?

*looks all innocent and clueless*
    Never befriend an Ork on Facebook without first limiting your public profile from The Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by my other self
    Customizer has MkIV to MkVIII, which means you'll have the possibility to play your LW, yes, as in the hayday of the Great Crusade (viz. MkIV). In the meantime, well, you'll have to bear with the Aquila and Errant patterns.
    Righto, correction on myself, the Emperor's Elite pack also has that BT specific model with a MkIII-ified helmet (one of the three variants of the faceplate that is):

Haven't yet seen any other MkIII part however, possibly there are some in the Relic Armour Master crafted (my bad) in the customizer.
    Last edited by Lleman; 31st Aug 11 at 4:25 AM.

wolfracer
    That helmet is called "master crafted" in the Customizer demo, at 2:34...

Looks like I can't post a link to youtube because I haven't been registered 7 days... you can remove the spaces and copy/paste to your browser instead...
    youtube . com/watch?v=IlurHvYx0Ro

The mp names dont correspond to the file names Wolf, not literally at least

also, Don, lp channels are:

R - No idea, seems to be the default for everything, G - Emissiveness, B - Reflectivity

Yeah i had to edit the _lp blue channel of the left shoulderpad because even after editing the dif, nrm and spc, that stupid ultramarine heraldry was still shining through.
    Hmm ok maybe Sidonus' torso isn't supposed to be dirty and its somewhere in the attrib_pc files. Let's just say he's particularly careful not to get his armour dirty.

wolfracer
    Yeah, I didn't think the customizer names would correspond with the label names, just mentioning that that style head did exist in the customizer video. I'm looking forward to see what you guys can produce once you figure out all the files, I dont have the skill or time to produce those awesome textures myself

Love the Luna Wolves skin, any chance of a Pre Heresy World Eaters skin?
    His words are Wise his face is Beard!

I probably won't skin anything till the full version comes out, for two reasons: It will have more armour parts, allowing ACTUAL pre-heresy looks, and it will probably have team-colour templates like DOW2, making work much easier. It's just a few days anyway.

Agreed, Brother Don. We need to see some pre-heresy ownage going on in the Emperor's name. Also hoping Steam has a pre-load or something so I can get right to playing at midnight..

Great work Don, now that the game is out I am wondering if you are working on any of the pre-heresy skins. I would love to play through as the Night Lords, I plan to re-balance all of the weapons myself for my vision of 40k, but sadly I have no skill with anything even remotely art related.

I had lost all my singleplayer progress to the steam-cloud bug and decided to leave the game alone till they fix it, since i have no intention to activate cloud and have my files scattered all over the web. The patch seems to have fixed it, so once i've finished the campaign at least once i'll look into modding it again.
    Played around with the meshes a little in the mean time, i hope i can make this Garviel Loken mod work.
    Last edited by Don the Oiler; 12th Oct 12 at 11:24 AM.

Wow please do that is really awsome.

looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Oiler View Post
    I had lost all my singleplayer progress to the steam-cloud bug and decided to leave the game alone till they fix it, since i have no intention to activate cloud and have my files scattered all over the web. The patch seems to have fixed it, so once i've finished the campaign at least once i'll look into modding it again.
    Played around with the meshes a little in the mean time, i hope i can make this Garviel Loken mod work.

I have no idea how all of you can do screenshots of the Marines standing like that, but oh well...

In any case, if you can make that Mk.IV Maximus armor work ingame, I will worship you forever :hail:

WOW...that is all.
    EMPERORS FURRIEH!!!!!

@LoweGear: It's a render, not an ingame screenshot. Makes texturing a little easier when you don't have to start the game all the time to see how the changes look.

Ok it's finished, Garviel Loken in mk4 plate. I was considering using the mk6 torso so it looks more like the novel cover, but they specifically mention Maximus armour all the time, so here he is. Texturing was the least effort, finding and editing all the attib_pc files was tedious. I even wanted to replace the jumppack with the Chaos version, but i couldn't get it to work. You know the drill, extract the rar to your Space Marine folder and add "-usepreview" to your launch options.
    Feel free to report any bugs you encounter, here's what i know so far:
    1. The jumppack is default blue in some cutscenes, that's when the model is loaded from the level-specific files. Don't know how to change that.
    2. I removed the loincloth because it looks stupid on mk4. It's still visible in the menu animation though.
    3. Gore doesn't look very good currently, the left pauldron doesn't feature any at all. Will have to look into that.
    4. As with the Luna Wolf mod, the armour is bright. And i mean REALLY bright in some areas.

Last edited by Don the Oiler; 25th Sep 11 at 3:05 PM.

Sion
    Nice attempt at loken there, though I was a bit gutted to learn its not actually the MKIV Helm.....

I would state though as good as it is, the Mournival mark was a red flash under the right eye

Yeah i tried that, but the UV are a little complex in the area under the eyes, i drew a red arrow and it came out as a 7. But why should i pay more regard to continuity than most of the GW and BL writers?
    Maybe i'll upload a mk4 helmet version as well, but it isn't really that hard.
    Last edited by Don the Oiler; 25th Sep 11 at 7:39 AM.

Sion
    Don't get me wrong, it's fookin sweety dude, I just get a boner for Garvi

WhTERR
    Excuse, I haven't understood. These files replace only a helmet or all skin?

Both versions put Titus in mk4 Luna Wolf armour, and one version adds the pictured helmet. The left pauldron is mk6 though.
    Here's another version with the mk4 helmet

I'm thinking about changing all the Ultramarines to Luna Wolves, or maybe some other Pre-Heresy chapter.
    Last edited by Don the Oiler; 25th Sep 11 at 3:06 PM.

I would like to put my vote in for pre heresy world eaters. On a different note it may not be this particular mod as I have many but this mod may be the one that is making chaos marines bodies disapear so they are floating bolters and axes.

Hmmm you're right, adding the chaos armour attrib_pc to the mod seems to fix this for whatever reason. Updating the files now, please report when you see other things disappear as well.

... You made the Maximus armorwork ingame...

How did you do that anyway? I've been following Morat's method on the tutorial thread, and using the Maximus armor crashes the game on startup. It also gives the rest of us hope that we can use the rest of the other MP armors for our mods.

I've been experimenting a lot, maybe there are more elegant solutions, maybe most of what i do isn't even required, maybe this is exactly how it's supposed to work i don't know, but here's how i do it:

This is assuming you want to edit Titus (powerarmour_basic_upres), for Leandros edit powerarmour_leandros and for Sidonus, guess what, powerarmour_sidonus.

So, first you'll have to extract the stuff in data\packages (be sure to use Santos' latest smoppc version for correct subdirectories) and put it in warhammer 40,000 space marine\preview. I always put everything in and delete what i don't need later.
    In sim\attributes\instances\wargear\wargear\race_marine\armour\powerarmour_basic_upres you'll find all of Titus' body parts, convert them all to xml so you can edit them (editing the head.attrib_pc here doesn't have any effect, we'll see to that later).
    If you open arm_left.xml for example, you'll see under "visual_name" and "visual_package" there is "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml". All the usable parts can be found under "art\race_marine\characters\spacemarine" (or "art\race_chaos" for the chaos parts).
    For example, if you want mk4 plate, you'll find the left arm is in a subdirectory called "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml". Now go back to the arm_left.xml and replace "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml" with "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml" in the visual_name and visual_package sections.
    Do the same with all the other body parts accordingly. For a helmet you'll have to edit "sim\attributes\instances\wargear\wargear\race_marine\heads\cinematic\titus.attr_pc" and "sim\attributes\instances\wargear\wargear\race_marine\heads\in_game\titus.attr_pc".
    Convert the edited .xmls back to .attrib_pc and the armour should be visible ingame, with messed up textures. That's because mp textures are handled differently, or else they wouldn't be teamcolourable. Skins are handled in the .bmat files, so we'll have to fiddle with those.
    Look at "art\race_marine\characters\spacemarine\armour_mp\sm_armour_mp_mk4\sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml", there's a "sm_arml.bmat" file. That one needs to be replaced with a "standard" bmat. I always use the one from the original Titus armour part i want to replace (in this case "art\race_marine\characters\spacemarine\armour\sm_armour_basic_upres\sm_armour_basic_upres_arml\arml.bmat"), though i suppose you can use any .bmat that has a _dif, _lp, _nrm, _ref (optional) and _spc texture.
    So, take that "arml.bmat", rename it to "sm_arml.bmat" (because that's what the mk4 arm is looking for) and put it in the sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml directory, overwriting the original.
    The last step is to copy all the .dds textures (except the _pnt, you don't need those here) from "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_wg" to "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml" and rename them to whatever they're called in the "new" bmat. For example, "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_dif.dds" becomes "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml_dif.dds", "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_nrm.dds" becomes "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml_nrm.dds" and so on.
    Do the same for all the other armour parts and you're pretty much finished, though you'll probably want to edit the _dif and _spc textures if you don't want your armour to look grey.

Like i said, there are probably more elegant solutions, but this works for me.

That is actually a pretty awesome Luna Wolf skin.

do you have your version of the deathwatch mod posted anywhere Don?
    "I got lost like all the rest, got digitized and lost access." ~ Bernbiz

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Oiler View Post
    I've been experimenting a lot, maybe there are more elegant solutions, maybe most of what i do isn't even required, maybe this is exactly how it's supposed to work i don't know, but here's how i do it:

...Look at "art\race_marine\characters\spacemarine\armour_mp\sm_armour_mp_mk4\sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml", there's a "sm_arml.bmat" file. That one needs to be replaced with a "standard" bmat. I always use the one from the original Titus armour part i want to replace (in this case "art\race_marine\characters\spacemarine\armour\sm_armour_basic_upres\sm_armour_basic_upres_arml\arml.bmat"), though i suppose you can use any .bmat that has a _dif, _lp, _nrm, _ref (optional) and _spc texture.
    So, take that "arml.bmat", rename it to "sm_arml.bmat" (because that's what the mk4 arm is looking for) and put it in the sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml directory, overwriting the original.
    The last step is to copy all the .dds textures (except the _pnt, you don't need those here) from "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_wg" to "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml" and rename them to whatever they're called in the "new" bmat. For example, "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_dif.dds" becomes "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml_dif.dds", "sm_armour_mp_mk4_arml_nrm.dds" becomes "sm_armour_basic_upres_arml_nrm.dds" and so on.
    Do the same for all the other armour parts and you're pretty much finished, though you'll probably want to edit the _dif and _spc textures if you don't want your armour to look grey.

Like i said, there are probably more elegant solutions, but this works for me.
    It works! It totally works!

Although sad to say don't have enough modding time for today to recolor the Maximus armor, but now all the possibilities are unlocked to me! Much thanks to you

I don't have my Deathwatch mod uploaded anywhere, it's really just a black skin and a grey left arm for Titus. Noodles' version is much more sophisticated.
    I've been making some progress giving mp armour and helmets to Leandros and Sidonus, but it's still a pain since i have to mix so many modding approaches.
    I have to edit .attrib_pc, .bmat AND O3d files. Don't know, at least one step should be redundant, but it doesn't seem to work without.
    Last edited by Don the Oiler; 2nd Oct 11 at 5:59 PM.

I don't have my Deathwatch mod uploaded anywhere, it's really just a black skin and a grey left arm for Titus. Noodles' version is much more sophisticated.
    I've been making some progress giving mp armour and helmets to Leandros and Sidonus, but it's still a pain since i have to mix so many modding approaches.
    I have to edit .attrib_pc, .bmat AND O3d files. Don't know, at least one step should be redundant, but it doesn't seem to work without.
    How did you get it to work? with the bmat and O3D files, what needs to be changed. All I really want to change on leandros and sidnous mainly is their torsos everything else will be icing the cake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information