This is the Space Marine Technical Assistance Forum. If you have a problem with Space Marine, or a technical question about the game, you can post it here.
This forum is for Identifying Bugs and Assisting Users with Technical Issues/questions.
Be Advised this is a User to User support forum, and is NOT the OFFICIAL means of support for Relic's Space Marine. For official support, contact THQ via the methods outlined in your manual. The official Relic Space Marine forums can be found here
Any suggestions found here are to be used at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any damage you do when attempting fixes provided by users to other users.
How to Post
Create a new thread for your issue, it's not nice to derail a user's thread with your problems! This way it's easier to help any user on his specific problem.
Include a detailed description of the problem:
- How to recreate it
- What you've done to attempt to fix it
- The EXACT details of any error messages
Include the following files:
- Hijackthis log file
Copy and paste their contents into your post, or attach them to the thread via the "Manage Attachments" button.
To make reading those easier, please surround each file with the "code"-tags: (without the spaces)
[ code]your file[ /code]
for Network Problems include the following:
- Router Model
Graphic, Art, or Text Bugs:
- A screenshot (print screen) of the problem.
Things to Try First
- Verify your game cache files from your Steam library.
- Read the game's readme.txt BEFORE posting
- Update everything. This sounds trivial, but is the solution to well over half of the problems people encountered. This means:
-updating your graphics drivers to the latest version.
-updating your sound drivers
-updating Windows to the latest version (WindowsXP SP3 or Vista SP2)
-updating your mainboard drivers
-patching the game to the latest version
- If you are using Vista or Windows 7, make sure the account you install the game from has full Administrator privileges, and turn User Account Control off before installing.
- Try a diagnostic startup to rule out conflicts with other programs.
- Some software needs to be updated sometimes, have a look here
- In case of hardware issues, restore factory clock settings when you've overclocked your hardware.
- Check your hardware's temperatures for overheating.
- Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements which are found here.
- USE PROPER ENGLISH. Posts that are deemed illegible due to excessive use of l33t, "txt msg shorthand" such as "m8", "b4", "plz" and "u", will result in locked threads and deleted posts.
- No rants. If you are upset about your game not working properly, it is perfectly understandable. However, this is NOT the place to blow off steam. These forums are dedicated to helping people, they are NOT a complaint department.
- Be nice. Even if you spot what you believe to be the dumbest mistake in the history of the internet, be nice. Don't call people idiots. Point out their mistake, and suggest a solution.
- Please only post if are actually contributing. You may ask questions, although you should start your own thread if you have a problem and don't hijack other's threads. Do not post useless comments like "lol" or "that sucks".
- Useless posts and threads WILL be deleted.
- Check if somebody else has previously reported the same problem. Use the search function. Look at the thread titles, see if they describe your problem, then check to see if any solutions have been suggested. Try them out before posting.
- Even if you think you've found a post that's the same as another, post a new thread.. The thread title should be a short description of your problem, e.g. "Game won't start" or "Graphical glitches".
- Be polite. This forum is run by fans for fans. If somebody suggest something that you think won't work, don't call them a dumbass - do it. We have had success with some very unconventional methods before. If you get crabby and yell at people, your thread will be locked.
- Be patient. The sheer number of threads prevents us from adressing every problem within minutes. Usually, somebody will post within a few hours, but if that doesn't happen, do not bump your thread with comments like "anyone?" or "please help". Also, do not pester people with private messages saying "please look at my thread". If nobody has posted in your thread after three or four days, you may ask for updates on your problem in a polite fashion.