Need advice for fast install of 10 copies of CoH Anthology

Need advice for fast install of 10 copies of CoH Anthology

Hi,

I am hosting a LAN next weekend and for that event I have ordered 10 copies of the CoH Anthology pack (CoH, Opposing fronts and Tales of Valor). Now since the games will arrive sometime during next week and I don´t have anything to test with I am trying to figure out how we can spend as little time as possible installing and more time gaming. So from reading this forum I have gotten the following information.

1. Anthology is all three parts and should be version 2.500 and current version is 2.602.
    2. There are 5 patches between 2.500 and 2.602 which I can find here: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...nload-Location
    3. If I download these patches and make them available on a server on my LAN everyone could install the game from their discs and then run the patches from the server and we will all be up and running on all 10 computers.

So my question to you CoH gurus is: Is my reasoning correct and is the above method the fastest way to get the game installed and start playing?

Appreciate any help and feedback I can get!

Cheers, Dance

2. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #2
    Yes, that should be the fastest way to do it.

I'm not sure exactly what disks you get with the Anthology, but if you get a separate disk with ToV on it, that is the only one you actually need to install, it comes with all of the vCoH and OF content that you unlock with the other CDkeys.

And, a few protips based on some of the problems we have seen here...

1. The install program doesn't play nice with some anti-virus software. Shut down the AV stuff while installing.

2. Anybody using Vista or Win7 should be logged in as an administrator to do the install, don't just tell it to run as admin. Once it has been installed you can log in as a regular user if you wish.

3. User Account Control can sometimes cause problems. It's best to turn it off on Vista, and down to the lowest setting on Win7. Once again, you can turn it back up after the install if you wish.

4. Don't be tempted to jump in and log in early, do the install and all of the patches before trying to log in.

5. Good luck!

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
    heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
    Isaac Asimov

Thank you very much for the advice! I´m really looking forward to next weekend now

Thread Information