Mute other players in MP?

Mute other players in MP?

I might be completely blind, but I've been searching for the option to auto-mute all other players in MP, but can't find it anywhere. Do I have to manually mute all the goddamn people who can't shut up before/during every single game?
    » Initiate a tactical withdrawal! «

Yes. It sucks.
    Pro-Skub, supporting the idea of new heroes for the Last Stand as DLC since 1967.
    Mod forum: SWR

That's really annoying, at least while playing in public servers, which is what I've done so far. I really hope an auto function gets patched in, or that some other fix is implemented.

They are working on it. There's several threads in these very boards that touch the matter, just have a quick look :P

There is an easy way to mute them guys. In PC at least. Show their name by holding TAB then clicking on the speaker icon, it mutes them. This is also can be done from the pre-game clicking on the speaker icon.

Yes that is the manual, painful way.

Odd normally a couple people have their mics on in most games I play, and if they get annoying I just mute them, it carries over to the next game too. Sorry to hear your having so many problems.

The worst of all is that some players doesn't only talk all the time, the worst is that in some cases you can hear the music each one prefer through their mics. Yesterday I was hearing The Mass from Era and some heavy metal songs all the time during a game...

Odd normally a couple people have their mics on in most games I play, and if they get annoying I just mute them, it carries over to the next game too. Sorry to hear your having so many probl
    It may carry over to the next game but every guy who comes new Online to the party, you have to mute (sucks big time in combat situations). And if you leave the game to find another (because the players suck big time or you get laggy hosts three times in a row) you have to mute everyone there new. Which "only" is the easy way if they are all in the lobbyy. Entering an running game means you have to hear them until loading time is over and then, you can only mute your team. Sometimes I hear someone and can not mute them. Probably because it is someone from the enemy team...

If it doesn´t bother you to mute 300 guys a day, one at a time, I really envy you. If I play the multiplayer for 2 hours all the voices I have to hear even if that is for a little while until I can mute them, is driving me in a raging frenzy fitting a Khorne Berzerker. Maybe I am to old for such shit or not playing MP on consoles has not lowered my resistance for squeaky voices, foreign languages (No I do not speak russian, korean, french, hillbilly and god knows what I have heard sometimes) and people eating an breathing in my ear all the time :-/

-----Red Dox

"Perfect Every Time" Uncle Benny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THQSledgehammer
    Mic Always On PC Issue:
    We are implementing a "Mute All" button in the upcoming patch
    Source.

That is great news, davisbe. Good to know they are fixing stuff this soon, and hopefully the patch comes asap.

12. General Discussions Senior Member The Studio Senior Member  #12
    VOIP in games need to be a opt in feature TBH.

Stupid question, how do we turn off our own mic in game?
    Shuma, RE:Dark Eldar~
    Even the Dark Eldar who multiply like vermin don't do that, because open warfare means casualties, and casualties means that you're going to be eaten by a cosmic transexual.
    "...the grim nightmare of the far future, where there is only war and the galaxy's alight and everyone's got a headache..."

I just unplugged my mic SPEZZMAREN

Unfortunately mined is attached to my headphones, so thats not viable if I want to hear the game. I'm not used to having to turn it off as most games don't have it auto on.

You have some option in Steam settings, which I guess applies to the game. Not sure.

In lobby you can mute "all" by pressing "ctrl + left click" on empty space of speaker. 15 clicks = silence (just dont forget mute new players). Not work ingame >_<

It is big oversight - to make similar system in release!!! Simply awfully to hear this noise! We need fix for that!
    Please disable transmission by default!

Please disable transmission by default!
    I totally agree. It's damn annoying.

Its not hard to press tab and mute everyone imo

its very stupid - now in 2011 all games have voice chat and it (chat) must work properly! but not "mute all" for normal gameplay )

When I first heard all of the whiny preteens playing I thought space marine multiplayer was console compatible. Turns out every teenager just loves talking to the internet void and annoying the rest of us.
    Z405:
    I just don't like this; i can understand that there need to be counters, but this is just retarded.

Push-to-talk should have been the default. And a Mute-All should have been in there from the start too. While I'm at it, a real-time voice modulator that makes you sound like a space marine with his helmet on would also have been awesome :-)

----------

Oh, and a patch just went live to Steam that includes the mute all feature.

http://www.spacemarine.com/blog-post...pc-patch-today
    Fac et Spera

I do believe I see a mute all button.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves...
    You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

25. Child's Play Donor  #25
    push to talk is on by default now, so if you find the urge to mute someone they had to be deliberately annoying you

Finally an end to "Open Mic-Night on Space Marine" - Thanks for that!
    Warhammer 40.000-Armies:
    * Night Lords Warband "The Just" (Unalinged Chaos Space Marines)
    * Cabal Of Eternal Silence (Kabalite Dark Eldar)
    * The Last Host of the Asur (Iyanden Craftworld Eldar)

"Basically, the Horus Heresy is a story about daddy issues." - Gav Thorpe

Thread Information