I never really put much thought into the difference between armor and health in the past, I just mentally lumped them into one big pool. But after playing with some of the later weapon unlocks, I'm starting to think about it more. The storm bolter, in particular, seems to perform very differently depending whether I am shooting somebody with armor as opposed to somebody with armor broken. So I put together a few of the things I have been wondering, and I'm hoping somebody out there can answer them.
1) How much HP does a Space Marine have relative to AP? It's hard to tell, because I know that different weapons affect them differently, but does anybody have any off-the-cuff numbers? Do the amounts vary based on class?
2) Which weapons do more damage to HP, and which weapons do more damage to AP? It seems like bolts do more to HP, and plasma does more to AP, but that might be a misconception on my part...
3) Are headshots only possible once armor has been broken? Do headshots do any extra armor damage before it is broken?
4) Do any weapons damage HP even before armor is broken (ie: penetrate armor )?
5) How does armor affect melee weapons? Do they the three types have their own proficiencies vs one or another?
6) Does armor have any effect on stuns (kicks, ground pound, stomp, etc.)?
Thanks much for any advice!