Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

[SS] Chaos Daemons Mod (1.5) - Released!

Bump.

Forgot to post some thingies here...

Split from the Apocalypse Mod = 100% done.
    Transforming the Daemons mod to vanilla (un)Apocalypse style = 100% from 95%
    Dark Crusade = 75% from 0%
    Soulstorm = 100%
    AI = 90% from 50%
    Coding = 100%
    Voices = 15% from 8%
    Art = 75% from 65%
    Pink boxes, icons, fx, bad crap gone = 100% from 90%
    Beta Testing = 80% from 30%
    Balance = 70% from 90%
    Theme = 100%
    Comfortable With Public Release = 85% from 70%
    Granted Permissions To Release To Public = 100% potentital

For our final betas and alpha testings for both Dark Crusade, I request all team members combine their created items into the new Daemons mod coming November... on a Saturday. We are getting to the final stages, team!

Who's stuff I don't have so far:
    Mine
    Gambit
    Sataman
    Jaguar Lord

If there are ANY updates that you did since the last release, it may be great to have this thing updated in the next version. Thank you!
    Mods In Progress: Ultimate Apocalypse | Daemons Mod

Beware, my Ultimate Apocalypticinator!

That's just fantastic

I find it curious that the lowest progress is in the voices part. You'd think thud's voice acting army would have voicesets for everything ever in existence already, guess not.

apart from the fact that i have only the gui for DC and for 1920X1080 screen size i'm ready to uplod to you Cylarne

@JL: Well, I hope to release the Daemons mod sometime in December. This is my month of retiring. Give me everything that works, I'll have a new version to you guys by like the tenth, of November, of course. I like to save the 15th and before that for Thanksgiving and Battlefleet Gothic.

@RMX: Thudo has indirectly implied that he is not lending out his voices to me, and pushed me forward to creating every single unit voices for the Daemons mod. It is very unlikely I'll finish all voices before release.

@RMX: Thudo has indirectly implied that he is not lending out his voices to me, and pushed me forward to creating every single unit voices for the Daemons mod. It is very unlikely I'll finish all voices before release.
    No thats completely false. What do you need? Sorry but you are talking to the busiest DoW1 modder there is. I feel I am doing 10,000 things at any given time.

Our 15 page email to email says otherwise, which hence I told you what I needed. Do you want me to resend? I have your abilities done anyways (they should work how you said they should work).

Yes please send again. I got too much to give and don't want it all "bottled up" as this is for the community.

Alrighty. T-minus 4 hours.

This is much appreciated, Thudo!
    Last edited by Cylarne_04; 5th Nov 12 at 2:59 PM.

Oh yay Relicnews is back! I reply too much on this thread. :3

UPDATE!
    Voices = 36% from 15%

Sweet. As much as I like megamods, I still most enjoy vanilla skirmish with new races - so very psyched for this!

With all the variety in mods you can make the game of your dreams. I swear I never touched Retribution after beating the campaign once. That brings me to the next question:

do you have any idea if the Daemons mod and the new Tyranids mod could coexist peacefully? I'm fear that, since both seem to have very unique gameplay, they would break one another when trying to integrate both at the same time

@RMX: Brother RMX, Daemons mod is VERY friendly in regards of combining with other race mods.....
    So, there is no problem combining Daemons with Tyranids. In fact, the Tyranids 0.5b1 already PERFECTLY combines with daemons.
    As for b2.... sorry but I cannot disclose more (but things are.... promising)!!
    -In search of Papasmurf...

Attention all mod team people, a new version of this mo will be coming very soon, prepare for it, for it will be the final internal release!

Oh and I want a Daemons mod logo.

Oh and I want a Daemons mod logo
    specifications and usage ?

@J-L: Hmm...

@Everyone: Ideas wanted for this logo!

Bam

Daemons mod coming along... I really hope to god it gets finished soon.

Hmm, I like simple logos. I think a warp-storm is in order to represent the race. So it should be something like the whirl in the Spore logo

Spoiler

but less round and with warpy colors, something like this

So yeah, a warpstorm

HEHEH!! I used the same image for the first version Daemons Taskbar (the center place of the UI where stats are shown up!)
    But now that mine is obsolete, I guess we could use it....

I bring sad news that the Daemons resource system in Dark Crusade is rendered impossible to fix. There is simply fewer code functions compared to Soulstorm.

Dark Crusade however is 100% playable, but it is highly recommended for all players to play Daemons in Soulstorm because of the resource lacking. I am sorry, JL.

But in great news however, Daemons mod version 0.9 is ready for our final tests. All team members will be given the new version this week. Thanks!

I am so dying of excitement for this mod.
    Dark Eldar/Harlequin Voice Actor

"I will make a chorus from thier screams!"
    "We sing the song that never ends."

wel it means we have to adapt the gui for SS then ....not my cup of te but i'll see what can be done.

As there's a unique resource system being used for Daemons (and presumably changes to the UI to accommodate this), does this mean there's going to be compatibility issues with the Black Templars and Tyranids mods?
    Last edited by Kasrkin84; 2nd Dec 12 at 7:21 AM.

ok, the Daemons Mod Soulstorm menu and taskbar (all the items in the in-game menu ) is on my priority list. you'll get it before the 15th December. i swear it.

i have to see with Jones what can be done about fx and event in the main menu.

JL

Well, I think the Daemons mod is pretty much done... few cosmetical errors such as non proper buildings and some team color issues. It is ready for release, maybe? Do you agree, team?

I guess the only thing left to do is wait and make it pretty.

Cylarne, did you receive my pm about the multi-player menu ?

so todo :
    + make it shiny
    +add some custom maps
    +make the logo

Did I send you the Daemons mod 0.91 link? I thought I did, must be then your inbox is full and I forgot to mention.

As usual your work is astonishing, but you already know this. I noticed it was a WIP, the text is the only thing and I mean OnLY THING touchy fix worthy.

+add some custom maps
    My lord, do we have time for these?

I'm really really really looking forward to this.

Best Christmas ever.

Daemons mod version (I call it) 0.92 for SS is ready for public release! I am 95% satisfied.

YEESSSSS!! Great news man!!

What's the other 5%? The feeling of the warp overtaking you?

Whee! Is it a good pain?

or the files i have to send to you...time is short...but i'm on it

edit : uploading !
    Last edited by Jaguar-Lord; 19th Dec 12 at 2:59 PM.

Jaguar Lord!!!! You are awesome!!!! Got your files in and they are GREAT, a few tweaks before release and presto. No problems, 100% credit. If you need any help in the long run, let me know. I would also like to announce that this mod is releasing before the Ultimate Apocalypse mod on Relicnews and MOD DB today. I would like everybody to download the Daemons mod beore the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for prequisit reasons.

Don't worry, screenies = mod instead. I have NO TIME to post screenies or any entertainment measures until after release/the time I sleep.

Chaos Daemons mod 0.92 SS released!

By order of the Cylarne as he is unable to do so himself atm I bring to you the Daemons mod version 0.92 for Soulstorm!

Hope you enjoy!

Is it me or are the plague bearers weapons pink ?
    The machine is strong.
    We have to seperate from the weak, accused flesh and replace it with the pure, holy metal.
    We can only triumph with its durability, we can only win with the machine.
    Punish the flesh, harden your mind and body.
    Praise the machine!

Thx for the mod DaemonĀ“s mod team ! and thx to Tyrantarmy6 for the new trailer of UA mod.

Finished a bunch of Orcs and I must say: You can FEEL the daemonic power!!

I love the daemonic look on the map as you tech up, and things like the daemonic power and some abilities are fantastic. This race is FX heavy and I love it. It feels like there's room for expansion though. I was looking forward to things like the Soul Grinder, Daemonic steeds, Daemonic Beasts, Daemon engines and such. Sorry if I sound like a spoiled brat. I really appreciate everyone's work and the polish in this mod shows.

By the way, how do I summon the Hell Spawn? The Maledictum does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RMX
    By the way, how do I summon the Hell Spawn? The Maledictum does nothing.
    I think it is the Daemon Race's Titan/Apocalypse unit.

Spoiler

Last edited by Crinvo; 20th Dec 12 at 2:27 PM.

Heavy Metal Bread Loaf PsykoTenshi's Avatar
    @ Crinvo: Spot on!

Wait, what? Really? something's gonne be awesome tonight!

I will begin tuneup/professional releases in T-minus 4 hours. 3 weeks ago I planned to release this mod the twentieth. I had no idea today was the day where I had to be stuck in school seeing to my girlfriend not getting an F on her final project. Please stand bye, and thank god patience! :blows kisses:

Understood, Grandlord Doofus!

Awesome! Looking forward to playing this.

Thanks for the mod, you guys did a great job on it. It makes me question my loyalties to the Emperor.

Daemons mod on mod db has been posted! I am soooooooooo tired.... 2:34 am here. Daemons mod on mod db is not authorized yet.

We'll take whatever is offered. As for proper credits, all of it will be gotten to eventually, I just need time. I never realized how difficult it was to make 17 different things upon a release proper and organized. But it'll get done eventually, bwa ha h... whatever.

EDIT: Yup, thanks for the comments and feedback.

Oh... one bug, pink Plague Bearer swords??? Interesting.

Interesting, albeit controversial ^^
    Not quite sure what I think yet - there are some definitely unique gameplay mechanics, which is cool, and some surprising unit choices (I would maybe have used the floating daemon head from DoW1 (spoiler!) as a wobbly floating builder unit as the cultist seems a bit out of place) and some omissions. I guess things like flamers aren't there as it would give one Mark more units than another? Kinda sad that there was two types of horror, as I imagine there are loads more daemons than there perhaps are. A more definite texture change to the big obliterator would also be welcome; a nice contrasting colour maybe so they stand out more. I would quite like to see a build without chaos marines too, just so that it goes FULL DAEMON.

Jag's artwork is super lovely, although on Game Manager it's quite hard to see the word "accept". Hellfire FX is a bit too much also, but at least it certainly stands out!

It's too different and I have too little time right this moment to give further plays and feedback, but it's certainly thought provoking, and more DoW, which can only be good! Well done on the release!

You should not allow RT2 to "kitbash" from existed models
    FFE - wrong way for modder!

Jag's artwork is super lovely, although on Game Manager it's quite hard to see the word "accept". Hellfire FX is a bit too much also, but at least it certainly stands out!
    thanks Fuggles, both menu were very pleasant to design , i haven't modded the game manager menu but now i realize it is mandatory, this menu is always used by player who got several mod installed. i'll do it asap.

+keep sending feedback about this guys. i guess your remark about the helffire Fx is not related to the GUI, isn't it ?

A few issues I've noticed:

• The tooltips for the Maledictum say the Hell Spawn can be summoned from here, but this is not the case. I'm assuming this is an Apocalypse-only feature.
    • There is no point in capturing relics (other than the requisition), as no units need this to be summoned.
    • When playing matches between Daemons and Space Marines, the SM listening posts have Blood Ravens colours regardless of the army scheme being used. I'm wondering if this is in some way related to the problem jONES1979 raised a few posts back.
    • Several units that are shared between the Daemons and vanilla Chaos aren't colouring properly. For example, I was playing as Daemons vs Chaos. I had the default Daemons teamcolour and the enemy was Death Guard, but all my Possessed Marines had Death Guard colours.

Despite these problems though, I'm still loving the mod. Keep up the good work.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information