Hello everyone. I am a programmer. I want to create a Homeworld-inspired and Homeworld-derived (Homeworld src) RPG called Morningstar.
Some ideas I'm considering:
- third personn/first person
- an inside-view of any ship in both Homeworld and Homeworld 2 and Cataclysm (no beast)
- being able to pilot said ships and more (example: engineering)
- explore various planets (example: Kharak, Taiidan, Hiigara), by foot or by ship (for example, by flying a small Taiidan craft, since those are meant for reentry)
- characters from Homeworld1, 2, Cataclysm and Homeworld Legacies
- scout/interceptor racing tracks (maybe inside the mothership?)
- if I remember correctly there are various utility ships inside the mothership, being able to pilot those and explore the mothership or other large ships like that
- being able to pet Karan S'jet's cat and a random persian cat generator
These are a few of my ideas. Please post your ideas. If I like them they will be in the game.
I am only a programmer, I am no artist or maybe only a technical artist. I know there are artists on board. I need someone to make resources (textures, models, etc) and you guys can help me with that. The game will be distributed on the web free of charge. In absence of said resources, to show the engine I will use resources from Star Wars KOTOR and other games. I hope what I'm doing is legal..