Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dreadnoughts!

Dreadnoughts!

https://twitter.com/#!/SpaceMarine/s...63197973225472

TIME TO BATTLE WITHIN MIGHTY SUITS OF DREADNOUGHT ARMOUR MY BROTHERS!

Oh I wish. This looks pretty damn awesome...!

Just had a thought; Dreadnoughts vs Killa Kanz. It's the only possible answer to this puzzle.
    MODS FOR THE MOD GOD! MAPS FOR THE MAP ROOM!

Dread-phucing-noughts... can they be used against hordes of orks? Can I say "to me my brothers!" and lead my friends into battle against the beast? I have been thinking of the idea of termie armor.
    The comparisation of Starcraft 1 and 2 stories is like the starwars prequels compared to the first 3 movies.

DREADNOUGHT I AM HERE WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR.
    No qaurter back men, only forward or we will hold this line forever!!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Row Row Row Fight the Powha

4. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #4
    Yeah, probably a game play mode with Dreadnaughts holding a point or something.

Or have one dreadnaught on each side that respawns with the player with the least/most points getting control? That'd be cool.

well 1 wish announced now the only thing I'd like to see is 'nids but I think that is not going to happen
    btw killa kans you say, take a look at this, it's not me playing but it's still awesome :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2sni61dms
    originally posted by vuther:
    it's not whether things go wrong, it how spectacularly they do so!
    if you like to add me on anything, go ahead.

Nice stuff, hoping for details soon.

Walking metal boxes!

Wow, those Killa Kanz are really awesome! To think those are just Grotz in walking Kanz haha! I hope we can see a lot more WH40k units added for DLC. I'm happy you guys are continuing to support the game; I really hope you don't give up on the franchise as the THQ guy suggested, and do the franchise justice - there's so much potential!

To be fair, a Tiger tank was simply a metal box on tracks. It could still make you crap yourself.

I'm going to guess a new enemy for Chaos Unleashed. I doubt it would ever be 'friendly'.

Though, as I said to MK earlier, it should pick up a chaos marine in the power fist, bring it to the sarcophagus and say 'Madness? THIS IS MACRAGGE!' and then pile drive him into the ground, or punt him across the arena.

Still, would be awesome as a reward for achieving some goals in an arena and have it drop-podded in, or break through a door and start mowing the orks down.

Going from the record I imagine the metal is infact a heavy lead pipe which Relic plan to hit all their fans in the face with, to dumb them down so they are good enough for their game.

/joke troll

I'm excited

It's gotta either be Dreadnoughts or tanks, I WANT THEM BOTH THOUGH. *vibrates*

also I need to try exterminatus tonight...
    Knife King of Doltland

I'm not surprised. Anything within three feet of you seems to end up full of knife shaped holes.

Considering the pic included in this link, and coldplay's quote below*:
    Quote Originally Posted by coldplay
    Walking metal boxes!
    it seems to me the hint is pretty conservatively only about dreadnoughts, not tanks.

*unless he was talking about killa kanz, which are not boxes, but cans, damn it
    Look at the bright side, kid - you get to keep all the money.

i need termy armor
    I love Warhammer

Suspect that as it's going up against a Raptor, it'll be new DLC for CU Exterminatus and nothing more. Meets the RoC, but only in one respect, I'd imagine.

Here's to hoping not for the simple inclusion of dreadnoughts but for some added walkers and vehicles in general .

I shall purge them with both blade and Bolter! For the Emperor and Macragge!

If it's just some kind of new boss for CU exterminatus then I will sure be disappointed.

i reckon its exterminatus too.. dont think they could put dreads in without some other major stuff coming in to balance their presence in mp..

anyone notice the melta on its arm?

yikes, this things going to be nasty.. suspect it to be a(one of?) boss in the last wave sadly..

I see no melta, where are you looking?
    » Initiate a tactical withdrawal! «

under the power fist. That's NOT a flamer.

I seriously doubt it will be some wave boss for exterminatus as I don't think they'd make an announcement for such a minor addition to the game and rather surprise us like they did with the kans. Also Relic are quite experienced and they know what will rile fans up the wrong way, no doubt that my initial thought of multiple vehicle additions was bit presumptuous but I'd really be disappointed if this tease was just a CU exterminatus addition. I would guess at perhaps the dreadnoughts appeared in competitive MP maybe as a max killstreak reward or something along those lines. One website was actually adamant the Relic wouldn't say such a thing unless the dreadnoughts were playable - although this is a possibility I'd say that they'd have to have been working on the dreads for a long time.

EDIT: I just saw this page (http://www.spacemarine.com/forums/topic/9508) on the space marine website which now leads me to believe that this will be some sort of dreadnought mode paid dlc.
    Last edited by DannyLee94; 12th Jan 12 at 1:03 AM.

Whatever it is, it's definitely not some max killstreak award. Mostly because that would be impossible to implement in the current versus modes, as the maps are simply too small. Also, it would most likely be ridiculous and imbalanced.

@Kalimac its right there on its left arm all the way on the right side of the picture..

If not a boss then I suspect it will be some rare tool available for players on 1 or 2 new maps of exterminatus CU/normal. Having it as a tool in normal versus would be crazy as others said. Even on the maps that are open enough. Imagine the big open map whatever it's called. The dreadnaught walks around in the middle of the battlefield and everyone is adapting by being laser snipers standing in the houses. That wouldn't make much of a fun game.

Btw give us the power sword in dlc already!

Ah, I see it now (couldn't before due to my screen being in front of a window, which makes dark parts of pictures difficult to see during day time). It could indeed be a melta, or perhaps similar to this multi melta:

What makes a melta a melta is the heat shields. Anything that has short chubby barrels with heat shields with stretched out cylindrical holes is a melta weapon.

that's a whole arm for the Contemptor dread. it's simply the underslung melta gun ---> http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...d3_873x627.jpg

I wish they would re-create the last stand in Space Marine - so it's the same game mode, same everything, except you're playing the characters 3rd person - god that'd be fun.

28. Forum Subscriber  #28
    Exterminatus isn't too far away from The Last Stand. It would have been great to play as the other races like in The Last Stand, though.

If a Dreadnought is released and it isn't in a different kind of map/game mode, then surely it has to be in Exterminatus. Versus could get a bit crazy otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus Rex
    Wow, looks like the Steam servers have been fully relocated to Derpastan

Quote Originally Posted by Ra owa View Post
    Exterminatus isn't too far away from The Last Stand. It would have been great to play as the other races like in The Last Stand, though.

If a Dreadnought is released and it isn't in a different kind of map/game mode, then surely it has to be in Exterminatus. Versus could get a bit crazy otherwise.
    Hey, if the game mode matches are longer, they can take place in an insane asylum for all I care . I just hope we'll get this big reveal soon, and hopefully the release (please be free) will soon follow. I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
    Last edited by DannyLee94; 14th Jan 12 at 2:37 PM.

Dreadnoughts in versus are not that crazy, actually - it depends, what will be released along with them. Even now tacs have meltaguns, devs - lascannons. If, say, krak grenades and/or meltabombs are added to all classes' special equipment, plus, say, melta pistols for assaults/raptors, plus missile launchers/autocannons/multi-meltas for devs/havocs - and voila, Dreads aren't that dread anymore.
    Last edited by TheWise; 14th Jan 12 at 7:27 AM.

@TheWise
    So everyone is forced to only use the heaviest weapons? Will these new missile launchers and multi-meltas be suitable balance wise against others than dreads? How are you gonna get close enough with a melta gun without the dread bashing you away? Melta pistols are very rare fluff wise and does not fit, and they would be like 1/2 the power of a melta gun, not much use.
    Last edited by Kien; 14th Jan 12 at 7:58 AM.

@Klen

Why on Earth everyone? Let's say, Dreadnought is hardcoded to maximum one per match and available only for level 41 - players. Plus - it's turn rate is anyway not that good, so outflanking is (especially on object - filled maps) not that hard task. And - krak granades and melta bombs (especially in hands of assaults/raptors, pretty able to jump behind the dread's back). Missile launchers with ammo store, say, 10-12 (5-6 frag and 5-6 krak) missiles and pretty low cruising speed of the latter in hands of, in term, fairly slow devastator is either not a big deal. Multi-meltas wielded only by the very same slow as hell devastators, pretty easily killed by Stalker/Daemon Eye and even easier - by Assaults/Raptors. Melta pistols have their range, not power a half of melta guns' one. And range is not that important for assaults/raptors.

Powerfists, lightning claws, and melta bombs would be great. The Thunderhammer could get a perk that stuns the dread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kien View Post
    @TheWise
    So everyone is forced to only use the heaviest weapons? Will these new missile launchers and multi-meltas be suitable balance wise against others than dreads? How are you gonna get close enough with a melta gun without the dread bashing you away? Melta pistols are very rare fluff wise and does not fit, and they would be like 1/2 the power of a melta gun, not much use.
    Judging by the aims, results and even words of Relic while producing Space Marine, canon definately isn't desired over gameplay; i.e. is a vengeance laucher or storm bolter wielding Tac rarer than the melta pistol?, the whole Sidonus/Titus debate, fully-auto bolters etc. If Relic felt melta pistols were required for a better gaming experience, they'd put them in. You could be sure that there are many ways in which Relic could fit the Dreads in Versus, don't bother asking me, or TheWise how as we are not game developers - I can assure with some time, effort, resources and willpower, Relic could get them in there with enough variety to keep us mainstayers playing for a while. I think there's just so many variables and questions waiting to be answered, this debate could go on forever but in the end its up to Relic and as long as they get the Inquisition stamp of approval from GamesWorkshop, they can do what they want.

I love the universe, but for the sake of gameplay and balance we should just leave fluff and lore out of the discussion. Which I think Relic has done brilliantly so far with this game.

And I withhold that Dreadnoughts should and will not be implemented into the current Versus game modes, but rather in a new game mode that may or may not tie into Exterminatus in some way.

Maybe it’s actually dedicated servers with the codename, Dreadnaughts! Ok it totally isn’t, but a guy can dream…

37. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #37

Alarm NO MORE DEDICATED SERVER TALK

Oh Christ! Can we get through one thread without hearing about dedicated server bullshit?! We've heard enough lamenting and whining about it for MONTHS! Stay on topic and GET OVER IT!

38. Forum Subscriber  #38
    from amazon website:

Only the greatest Space Marines and vilest Chaos Space Marines are given the chance to become the heavily armored 20 foot tall Dreadnought. Fight to control the ancient machinery necessary in multiplayer to encase one member of your team inside the walking destructive force that is the Dreadnought. Strike down the Imperium or defend the Emperor on three new multiplayer maps. $9.99 DLC

Really? Another £7?

From some blog, don't know how accurate this is:

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine: Iron Hands Veteran Skin DLC [Online Game Code] by THQ - January 17, 2012.
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine: Dreadnaught Assault DLC [Online Game Code] by THQ - January 17, 2012.
    Also, if the part about three new maps is true, I don't know what to think. If so, it will be Chaos Unleashed all over again, where it's REALLY difficult to find games on the new maps. And releasing yet another map pack as DLC will make the player base even more divided than before.

Y u do dis, Relic.

41. Forum Subscriber  #41
    iron hands? hmmm bionic leg and arm, would be nice if they released a triple pack of one legion so as its not attack of the clone dlc
    i hope the maps are free cause i cant get on the chaos unleashed maps as no one seems to be playingthem

New map packs are always troublesome yes. Same thing was when I used to play AvP3. Only a minority of the players had the new maps. I'm a little sad there were no dreadnaughts for exterminatus. They could have added 1 new map to each of the 2 sets that has the possibility to get a dreadnaught.

Edit:
    It's 17th now where are my boxes? Don't tell me you go by the slow americant time. :P

Last edited by Kien; 16th Jan 12 at 4:55 PM.

Dont forget about the Death Guard

and the Iron Hands
    Your unique, just like everyone else

[Combat Squads | Pop Cap]

IA: Phoenix Angels

Chapter Name Creator | Chapter Library

CU was pointless for me. ive played the exterminatus twice, and one new map once.

cant bloody get into a game that uses any of the new stuff...

skin DLC is worthless to me, but dreads should be interesting

I wonder if dreadnaughts will have options for different weapons. That would have to make them their own class. In the pic we see assault cannon and powerfish+melta combi.

But imagine more weapons like heavy flamer and assault drill! Oh well reilc's game isn't exactly about destroying fortifications and bunkers.

I noticed that Space wolves has a dreadnaught with lightning claws. :O
    Last edited by Kien; 17th Jan 12 at 8:30 AM.

As long as I can kick you... i'm good. I'm going to be so stompy.
    Fools! I am Herzog Zwei....

Honestly, I'm blaming THQ. Relic couldn't have fallen so low with their decision making, I hope. Executive Meddling for sure.

I wonder if dreadnaughts will have options for different weapons. That would have to make them their own class. In the pic we see assault cannon and powerfish+melta combi. But imagine more weapons like heavy flamer and assault drill! Oh well reilc's game isn't exactly about destroying fortifications and bunkers. I noticed that Space wolves has a dreadnaught with lightning claws. :O
    Tanti scusi (hundred excuses), but variant on the pic wields mentioned assault drill and inferno cannon (long-range flamer) ....

Edgier than a black katana Shuma's Avatar
    "Sire, a lot of people are having problems playing our game!"
    "We must make it harder for them to play our game!"
    Pro-Skub, supporting the idea of new heroes for the Last Stand as DLC since 1967.
    Mod forum: SWR

Quote Originally Posted by TheWise
    Tanti scusi (hundred excuses), but variant on the pic wields mentioned assault drill and inferno cannon (long-range flamer) ....
    My mistake. When I said "in the pic" I was referring to the DLC pic, not the one I posted. I edited my post to make it more clear just. I didn't know dreadnaughts used inferno cannons, thought only those IG vehicle things had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonymn
    ... when the model that they used with DoW1's expansion packs seems to have worked as well as it did. Specifically, everyone was able to play together, even if all they had was one of the stand-alone packages. If people wanted to use the other factions, they paid for the luxury. How many of us who bought vanilla DoW1 didn't go on to buy one or more of the expansions, if indeed not all of them?
    How could this possibly work with maps? Join but not host? That's way too little of a restriction to encourage people to buy the DLC. 95% of the time you're not gonna be the host.

Damn it, it's not out yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information