Hello everyone and welcome to the thread .
This mod is not online compatible, meaning you have to have the same version of the mod as the other people to play online with them.
me (laszers) coder, some mapping, and lore.
Shadowninja; models, textures, fx, animation and the like.
Currently the mod is designed for multiplayer/custom battle games and not the campaign
This mod aims to bring realism along with massively scaled battles, and in the process bringing plenty of lore/fluff. Now i know what some of you are probably thinking "uhhhhh, another one of these mods, are people running out of ideas?" well, this mod is different and very original imo. "How?" may you ask. for one, the amount of fluff/lore incorporated into this, many mods of this type (that i have seen) do not bother with fluff or lore which really takes away from it being 40k. also you may wonder how this mod is realistic, well, lets take a bolter for instance it generally will kill a lot of infantry with 8 or less bolt shots. but dont worry it is balanced, ork slugga squads have 20 troops in one squad!!!! perfectly enough to help counteract a space marine fire team (the replacement for tactical squad as a true tactical squad is 10 troops, the fire team is 4 troops, including; fire team leader and the men with bolters that are able to be upgraded.) you also start out with a huge amount of resources which include max wagh for orks, command for imperial guard, and max stuff (cant remember the name) for eldar. the space marines however only start out with 200 zeal as they have much more powerful abilities. The orks have max wagh because most of their abilities dont call down troops and the like, plus they are wagh incarnate. the imperial guard start with max due to the fact that their infantry units cannot stand up to many others. and the eldar because they rely on their abilities a great deal in this mod. anyway there is still many other things that can only be seen, not explained.
- Monumental battles
- Buildable bases
- Tactical battles with some less swarmy factions
- Realistic weapon damages and health (related to lore)
- All factions begin with huge amount of resources (that is on high resouce starting)
- reworked squads
- Buildable cover and turrets for most factions
- new units that relate to lore/fluff
- huge caps for all factions; space marines, 400, orks, 10000, tyranids, 100000, imperial guard, 5000, eldar, 500 or so cant remember at the moment, chaos, 400.
- and an extremley emmersive gameplay experience!
- increased values for cover ie, heavy cover does much more for your soldiers than in vanilla
- took away upkeep from all units
Ambitions for the future
- Ammunition; now, this part is extremely ambitious and for all i know not even possible, but i am still looking into it.
- direct fire; shouldn't be to hard as most of it is already implemented in game, along with direct movement.
- squigoth; it shouldn't be extremely difficult, the only problem is i cant model.
- warlord titan; for space marines. maybe add a certain class titan for ig
- basilisk for ig
- whirlwind for sm
- wartrakk for orks
- looted predator; also already made by horus, just need permission (will not replace vanilla looted tank)
- obliterators for chaos
- defiler for chaos
and plenty more!
for anyone that would be kind enough to help just pm me, but before you do please make sure you can do at least one of these AI code, SCAR code, mapper, model, skin/reskin, fx, or if you could look up some lore/already know about it. thank you in advance to any of those who help.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...764?tab=public Small Tyranid horde
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...01/?tab=public space marine standard bearer (made by Blood Ravage), with two fire teams.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...62/?tab=public ork slugga squad, still working on a better formation
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...46/?tab=public drop pod that spawns two fire teams
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...90/?tab=public remember what i said about the battles, yea.....
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...04/?tab=public small ork force in ai battle.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...20/?tab=public ork flash gitz
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...728?tab=public New sternguard veterans
sorry about the crapy flash gitz but i cant model worth a darn and the best modeler i know and imo one of the best modelers on the forum (blood ravage) is currently dealing with some computer issues
or you can go to the website, and register for early access to the latest version of the mod.
Woa + FoK Modteam -http://fok.dow-mods.com/index.php for many of the models used in game
blood ravage for some of the models (standard bearer)
shadowninja for upcoming grey knights
MAKE SURE TO VIEW README
contains important notes.
if you are getting a ctd at hero selection do this;
in the vanilla game change the hero selection in multiplayer to either the farseer, chaos lord, hive tyrant, captain, warboss or lord general accept the selection and then restart the mod.
Thank you to everyone.