Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dreadnought Weapons

Dreadnought Weapons

Im almost done adding fx tracers and motiontrees to Shuma's dreadnought weapons. Right arm lascannon, plasma cannon, inferno cannon, and autocannon are done. I wanted to find out peoples opinion on the dreadnought missile launcher. should I just add it in as the 7th right arm upgrade, or as a left arm upgrade, removing the left arm with melee capability? Actually, im not even sure how possible it would be to add it to the left arm, seeing that the left arm flamer does not fire along with the right arm weapons, although im willing to look into it.

**UPDATED Link for DL**
    http://www.mediafire.com/?cx7w2twsfhmrtr9
    Last edited by Bloodravage; 15th May 12 at 1:03 PM.

2. Forum Subscriber  #2
    try the left arm then youve introduced the mortis dread to dow 2

Let's start with standard dreadnought arms. That is, right arm = ranged weapon, left arm = melee weapon. Is there a twinlinked heavy bolter arm too?

I think im gunna work on a twinlinked heavy bolter before i release the rest of these, and ill worry about mortis addons at a later time. Also, as far as for the Inferno cannon, looking through the codex i see twinlinked heaver flamers as one of the options, and doing research on the inferno cannon, it seems to be used primarily for some sort of siege dreadnought. Should I change the inferno cannon with its single barrel to a twinlinked heavy flamer or just keep the single barrel inferno cannon? Is there going to be much of a difference in damage between these 2 weapons? I believe the inferno canon has more range.
    Last edited by Bloodravage; 10th Jan 12 at 4:48 PM.

well blood budy what i did is this use copes toolbox and look for the chaos misslelauncher give that ability to the dread as a upgrade,and use shumas dread missle launcher for chaos and sm dread to replace the chaos one.waloa dread missle launcher.because the chaos dread and sm dread can use same stuff even the claws of chaos dread.hope this helps some.

I like the Forge World models better than most "standard" ones. You could of course add a twinlinked heavy flamer just for the sake of completeness when you're done with the bolter. That would likely be on the Chaos Dreadnought, since I believe Inferno Cannons are Loyalist toys.

The Inferno Cannon has more range and hits an area at the target point, kind of like a fire hose. A heavy flamer billows out like a bigger version of a normal flamer and hits everything along its path.

That's how I see them, anyway.

Alright the Twinlink Heavy Bolters are done and working well

Now just to finish the motiontree for the left arm launcher.

wow man that looks awesome, cant wait to try it out.
    Ultimate Warfare
    Realism, lore based, and fun!

Man, that's one sweet dreadnought.
    Pro-Skub, supporting the idea of new heroes for the Last Stand as DLC since 1967.
    Mod forum: SWR

They're all coming in the next CE update, soon as I get 'em in I'm uploading Thanks for all your work Bloodravage!

hey blood if you want you can use my 4 barreled multi melta with this thats in my ba mod i sent you.allso my hurrican looking dred bolter has six barrels of death.

See that that this dread has no melee attacks, whoever use's this dread would have to increase his ranged attack right? so he has a chance of killing something before they get close enough to melee strike him to death. Increased surpression rate on the twin linked heavy bolter, and give it the ability that the sentinal has to change its loadout of missles to frag or krak.
    Now you see, Here at the Imperium of Man. We only use, propane fueled Promethium. Thats a flame burning heretic i tell you Hwat!

13. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #13
    Except that ranged Dreadnoughts can attack before they get into melee with a wider range of weaponry. Melee Dreadnoughts have to get into combat first.

In my opinion, that is balanced.
    I am an Iron Warrior! Iron Within, Iron Without!

How many weapons is it actually possible to mount on a single entity?

As many as you make wargear for them. Upgrading them all is a different matter entirely.
    Tutorials_And_Helpful_Sites_Here <-link
    Want a 3d model commissioned? I may do so. Pm me!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dow40k2-woa Join up for updates and view other members.

@Gorb Thats true, i guess i didnt think about that. hence always have back up with this model of dreadnought just incase.

Well Ive spent 2 days working on the left arm missile launcher and the left arm flamer, trying to get them to work along with a right arm weapon when its equipped and its just not happening. I had it working for a split second but I dont know what I did. Its either 1 weapon will fire or the other, but not both. Ive tried adding seperate behaviors, events, and actions into the motiontrees for both the dread and the weapon, and nothing. Is there someone else out there who has experience in working with these motiontrees?

----------

Heres a list of tracers used along with the weapons

autocannon - chaos\fx_autocannon_dreadnought_tracer
    inferno cannon - doesnt need a tracer, uses motiontree
    lascannon - uses the included sm/fx_lascannon_dread_tracer
    plasma cannon - doesnt need a tracer, uses motiontree and the marine plasma cannon projectile
    twinlink heavy bolters - uses the included sm/fx_heavy_bolter_dreadnought_tracer

Please Note: If you are using Dekhranic's SGA archive tool to archive your mod using these tracers or other new ones, it is set by default to NOT include .action files when creating an archive. You will have to go into the tools settings and add *.action under the V5 (DoW2) listing. Once this is done, when you create a data archive it will add any action files, tracers in this case, into the archive.
    Last edited by Bloodravage; 13th Feb 12 at 7:19 PM.

Does the loyalist missile launcher work with melee_claw_ranged_burst, or does it need to use the chaos range_missile_launcher? I am referring to the "animation template" line in the wargear file.

You can just leave it blank actually. I wasnt able to create a working motiontree for it so it wont make any sound or smoke.

All i can say is that they're all rigged the exact same way as the loyalist multi-melta.

if it werent for shumas epic work on the dread weapons then bloodravage would never of been able to help us all out with the working weapons and all that so well done both of you
    I was once like you thriving on life, living large is what i used to say but now im a necron and all i can say is: I can never be bargained with, I won't see reason, I don't feel pity, or remorse nor do i feel fear and i will never stop until you, my human friends are dead

Is there any way we can use the animations for the chaos dread missile launcher? I see that horus used the banshee melee anims on the guardians for his storm guardians, any way we could do that for the dread?

----------

What fx_action_target_name do you use for each arm? Some of the tracers still aren't showing. It should be under fx in the weapons file.

Yea youd need to re attach all of the chaos dread bones to the autocannon and would need to make a seperate ebps with chaos dread animations just for the autocannon. Either that or someone can add bones to the autocannon fore the marine dread and animate it. Not sure if all that work would be worth it tho for one weapon.

The bones and animations for the launcher arent needed, its a problem with the marine dread motiontree. It normally only has one option for 'weapon fire'. Either the flamer on the left or the weapon on the right. 2 different weapons at the same time will be conflicting unless another set of firing behaviors is added to the marine dread. I couldnt get it to work right and i wont be around till next week.

----------

heavy bolter - heavy_bolter_target
    inferno cannon - flamer_target
    lascannon - lascannon_target
    plasma cannon - plasma_target

It normally only has one option for 'weapon fire'. Either the flamer on the left or the weapon on the right.
    Just a random idea, but maybe you could look into how the Chaos lord's combi weapon is set, it's technically two weapons in one isn't it?

I believe its one action for one weapon. The tracer is the bullets and the motiontre is the muzzle flash and the flamer.

@bloodravage, can you let us know what modifications needed in rbf in order to equip melta/bolter guns to both fists of dreadnought ( or any other melee unit )?
    You said you were unable to fire ranged wpn from left fist, have u sorted it out?

@Bloodravage or anyone that can help, can anyone post a new link or email the files for this mod. The Megaupload link has been locked down by the FBI.
    "Acknowledge death as it approches but do not succumb to its touch, for your purpose is great..." Chaplain Hanius, Blood Angels Chapter

well newage_abc,this is a long shot but you can look for all the bones on the rightside of the dreadnought in 3dmax and find ones that fire the guns.
    now copy thos over to the left side in same order and eliment of the right to the left side.you id say have to allso do same for the markers that make the gun fire.thats only thing i can think of.
    Also gabriel gurgutz mod codex edition mod has the dread guns working it might do for you to check his files see how hes done that he has all eights guns as dred upgrades.

thats all i can sugjest for you good luck man.

@shadowninja0069 Thanks but I was hoping someone had already dl'ed this mod and could shot me a link so I coulld dl. I'm not not good at rigging and the modeling stuff yet..learning but still just mainly mixing and matching to make new models right now.

Wow Bloodravage, thank you for this!

Can we please get a new link for it? FBI trolls us.

Re-Uploaded and added to first post. Sorry been out of the loop for awhile ><

I havent had any time at all lately to do anything unfortunately. Doing the mortis weapons would be easy, its just that you need to have a seperate motiontree for each one. For lascannons for example, the motiontree would fire dual lascannon beams off of both the left and right arm markers when the dreadnought is going to fire weapon 1. In the code for the dreadnoughts' motiontree, there is only one firing option, so in order for it to look right, it can one fire one weapon at a time. In this case it would be both weapons as once. You could do this of course too for the heavy bolter on the right arm and missile launcher for the left arm but then youd need to make a seperate motiontree for each combination of weapon, and i dont know anyone who has the time to do that

If someone know how to add in a new firing motion for the dread motiontree on the other hand, then it would be doable. For example the land raider has 4 different firing options, as to the drwad only having one. (base is left flamer, right assault cannon, or right multi melta, but not 2 at the same time)

We would love the dual mortis weapons!

Would you please upload the files too with the dreadnought picture you showed? I made a ton of wargear files but they don't seem to work.

The left arm ones especially refuse working.

The files i have included were re-uploaded from what i did about a month er so ago. n the pic i have posted here, that was when i was experimenting with the left arm weapon firind seperately from the right arm weapon, which since then, i learned cannot be done properly unless someone adds in a 2nd firing parameter to the dreadnought motiontree. Id love to work on mortis weapons but just dont have the time right now, hopefully in the near future. The ones i have included are for the right arm only.

Any news on the Dreadnought?

Still havent added in the mortis weapons, but i have the left arm missile launcher working. also been working on some decorations for the dread lately too. will post some pics when i have more of it done.

Got to love your work

Thanks. Sounds great!

I got the Autocannon and missile and plasma to work.

The flamer shows no animation, and the lascannon shot goes wrongly.

Laser cannon :
    | | | fx_action_target_name: "lascannon_target";
    | | | fx_munition_name: "sm_lascannon";
    | | | fx_secondary_munition_name: "sm_lascannon";
    | | | fx_swing_size: "default";
    | | | fx_tracer_name: "tracers\sm\fx_lascannon_dread_tracer";
    | | | fx_tracer_speed: 0f;
    | | | fx_upgrade_munition_name: "";

Flamer:
    | | | fx_action_target_name: "flamer_target";
    | | | fx_munition_name: "sm_flame";
    | | | fx_secondary_munition_name: "sm_flame";
    | | | fx_swing_size: "default";
    | | | fx_tracer_name: "tracers\sm\fx_flamer_tracer";
    | | | fx_tracer_speed: 0f;
    | | | fx_upgrade_munition_name: "";

Both have:
    | | | state_name: "range_weapon_state";
    | | | track_horizonal_speed: "";
    | | | track_horizontal: "aim_horizontal";
    | | | track_vertical: "aim_vertical";
    | | | track_vertical_speed: "";
    | | | track_when_idle: true;
    | | | visibility_name: "";

@ DeusImperator

For both of these weapons, how did you go about constructing their weapons? Try this if you havent already:

-For the flamer, make a copy of the weapon "sm_flame_cannon_land_raider_right" and name it "sm_inferno_cannon_dreadnought.
    -Open up the "sm_multimelta_dreadnought" weapon.
    -Under this new "sm_inferno_cannon_dreadnought" weapon, remove the 'anim_table' and 'tracking' sections completely.
    -copy and paste the 'anim_table' and 'tracking' from the "sm_multimelta_dreadnought" weapon into the "sm_inferno_cannon_dreadnought" weapon.
    -Go under 'fx' in the "sm_inferno_cannon_dreadnought" weapon, and remove the tracer in there completely. Save it and try it.

For the lascannon, do the same thing with the sm_lascannon_predator, create a copy of this called sm_lascannon_dreadnought, swap out the anim table and tracking, and add the tracer into the fx. make sure under the 'fire' entry that the wind up and wind down is set to 1

----------

Alright the dreadnought accessories are complete, and I will upload them soon. These are basically just visual addons, and there are 7 of them, so anyone including this in their mod can just attach each one of these to one of the 7 pieces of wargear, so that when upgraded, each dread will look a little different. The sword and shield are models and textures done by Horus in his WOA mod.Here are some screens:

Last edited by Bloodravage; 10th Apr 12 at 5:48 PM.

Damn that's sweet.

Edit:

And your inbox is full, so i'll just post this here:

Is it hard to implement animations after you implement a unit, for example, you mentioned that the warscythe animations only had 1 idle animation, that's because i tried to finish them quickly and because in the future i could just make more, would it be a problem if i make them in the future? i ask because i'm currently debating if i should just do the bare minimun for the necron warriors too for now.
    Last edited by Shuma; 9th Apr 12 at 2:50 PM.

I'll try that, but my mod is not Retribution, its Chaos Rising.

And I used the multimelta as the basis of the weaponry.

Yea i dont think the multimelta would work because it has a different rate of fire and different reload times than what the tracers are used to. More specifically with the flamer since it is a weapon that fires continuously rather than 1 shot every few seconds, which will cause tracers to not work properly or not even show up. the only things youll need from the dreadnought_multimelta weapon is the anim_table and the tracking.

Mortis dreadnoughts almost complete

Last edited by Bloodravage; 15th Apr 12 at 4:56 PM.

dont mess with that dreadnought, super ownage hah

Looking great bloodravage, good to see someone is still giving DoW2 some love
    I guess day 1 DLC was too casual for EA, so let's start doing 8-month-early DLC! - Shuma
    Eagerly awaiting DoW3 with mod tools. You hear me Relic?!

Thanks guys. Well im still trying to figure out what would be the best way to have the mortis weapons set up. It can be done one of 2 different way.

1. Both left and right weapons are linked and fire at one target at the same time

or

2. Both left and right weapons are independent and can fire at seperate targets.

I started off by doing option 1, which seems to work best so far, the only potential problem with option 2 is that unless the firing cone angle is set really low, youll have weapons aiming at point X but the tracer will be headding from the tip of the gun way off almost at like a 90 degree angle from the weapon. Again im sure the firing cone angle can be fixed so that it doesnt do this, but then the dreadnought will have a pretty limited arc of fire. Just wonder what everything thinks on this.

In the meantime, im just gunna link both the left and right weapons and their motiontrees. Can always split them later.

i vote option 1 makes more since.and dam thats awesome btw.

Thanks. I just mirrored a copy of the right arm twinlink heavy bolter i did awhile back, made a motiontree and custom tracers for both guns. Almost done with the mortis lascannons, missile launchers, and autocannons.

Mortis lascannons, heavy bolters, autocannons, and missile launchers, along with all of the accessories, are complete. can be downloaded on the first post.

anyone using the dread weapons i fixed up a month er so ago might as well replace the existing stuff with everything in here. i had made a few changes to most of the single arm models as well. tracers are included for mortis weapons. the launcher is kinda tough to set up but i can help anyone with it if need be. the launcher uses no tracer or motiontree, the launch soundand fx has been added to a new projectile also included in here under race_marine\projectiles. just copy the regular missile launcher weapon, remove the range_weapon_state from the anim table and remove the tracer from the fx tree, copy and paste the tracking from the dread multimelta. remove the animation from the wargear pointing to this weapon. you will need to create a 3rd hardpoint on the dread if there isnt one already and create some sort of low dmg melee weapon using slot 3 in the wargear section in order for this and the mortis weapons to work properly. if not, then if the dread is engaged in melee he will start firing sparatically which looks kinda funky.
    Last edited by Bloodravage; 15th May 12 at 1:06 PM.

ty for this hard work blood budy im back on to making my greyknight mod and this will come in handy,if i run into problems seting this up ill give you a shought out.ty budy.

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try right away.

Also, may I ask you to upload the attribute files you used for the mod too, beside the art ones please?

It would help us a lot to set up the animations and such, please can you give us the rbf files for the weapons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information