8p AX-Z42 Titanius

8p AX-Z42 Titanius

So, well, this is my first map to publish.

It's an eight-player-map I designed for the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (No "official" connection between this map and the mod, I'm just a fan)

Information:

History

Map:
    The War flattened much of the land, except for the area around the artifact and the starting positions.
    As I said, this map was designed for the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod, so this "artifact" isn't really there, just some necron tunnels. The critical points are there to "grant one access to the artifact" (no real use except for the critical point bonus).
    The map got a size of 1024x1024 and there is really much space to build and fight, the starting positions should be moderate to defense and i tried to make the "artifact" in the middle of the map pretty easy to obtain.
    It's a winter map with some broken vehicles and some dead warriors, maybe even too few.
    It really is just a map, with some decals and objects. No scar, nothing else.

Screenshots

Download:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/yreidKPa...nius_v1_1.html

Old Versions:

V1

I hope you like it and I'm hoping for some critics

Have fun!!
    Last edited by Crinvo; 9th Mar 12 at 11:41 AM.

This map sucks!!! <----- Obviously joking bro, testing it out. :O

Love the details around the center. I think you should put in there like a slag deposit for each player or 1/2 of the players, make Necrons a bit their own challenge rating hence there is too many SP's to take control over for normal races.

Just to quickly note, since this is for the UA mod, I got reports that IG and IDH do not tier up to tier II upon 1024x1024 maps, and I dunno what the heck goes wrong there, so just to let you know.
    Mods In Progress: Ultimate Apocalypse | Daemons Mod

Beware, my Ultimate Apocalypticinator!

There are 6 slag deposits (4 on the battlefield, 2 in the middle). And about the SP's There are 6 on every starting position. Do you think that is too much? Thanks for your help

And about that IG and IDH problem.. I will try that out :/ maybe i'll find a workaround even if i don't think so xD

There are 6 slag deposits (4 on the battlefield, 2 in the middle).
    Well, lol I certainly got owned, my bad.

Nope SP count is good as long as they are placed equally among all races. Just starting the map now actually. Looks promising.

Okay, have fun i'm going to sleep now xD and i think i will decrease the SP's by 2 at the starting positions and place 8 SP's on the battlefield so that the players are forced to meet each other more often

I'd suggest you smooth these a bit? Give it a nice strength of 94 smoothing. Won't kill your mountains.

Random screenies...

okay, smoothed them, thank you =) do i spy a tau titan there =O?

Did you have fun playing the map? Is there anything else you'd suggest to change?
    The machine is strong.
    We have to seperate from the weak, accused flesh and replace it with the pure, holy metal.
    We can only triumph with its durability, we can only win with the machine.
    Punish the flesh, harden your mind and body.
    Praise the machine!

The map itself I find is a bit too large like any other 1024x1024 map. Any area of base building is too wide to defend, but if a map well made like this (by design, detail will be future work) is squeezed in, a defense for this map is good. Unlike my usual 1024x1024 maps.

- But yeah, too large, troops take forever to move from here to there, maybe you could add in some SCAR to "teleport" troops in from different locations in the far future. (Although, my Orcas and other transports gets troops to places swiftly.)
    - Lacks strategic points out in the open, they all are right there in your base.
    - One Critical Location? Oh no, please oh god no. Superweapons requires critical locations, there should be more. And for just that little area to defend a Take and Hold victory is super simple.
    - Lacks detail on ground, probably a good idea to avoid decals, otherwise you'll lag the map if too many is applied. Perhaps it is better to add more hilly terrain in the middle of blank areas (And then add decals, but not lots or otherwise the map becomes laggy like my usual mapping ).
    - Smoother mountains, it looks Chaosy when some of them are spiked.
    - that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylarne_04
    - But yeah, too large, troops take forever to move from here to there, maybe you could add in some SCAR to "teleport" troops in from different locations in the far future. (Although, my Orcas and other transports gets troops to places swiftly.)
    I don't know anything with SCAR right now, but i'll try to learn it =) i thought of tunnels, maybe?

- Lacks strategic points out in the open, they all are right there in your base.
    Yeah :/ gotta fix it^^

- One Critical Location? Oh no, please oh god no. Superweapons requires critical locations, there should be more. And for just that little area to defend a Take and Hold victory is super simple.
    Okay, I didn't think about Take and Hold @_@ sorry for that^^ but i don't want everyone to have a critical location :/ so i think i'll just add 1 or 2 new critical locations.

- Lacks detail on ground, probably a good idea to avoid decals, otherwise you'll lag the map if too many is applied. Perhaps it is better to add more hilly terrain in the middle of blank areas (And then add decals, but not lots or otherwise the map becomes laggy like my usual mapping ).
    Yeah, i got to reduce the decals on the mountains :/ i got way too many of them there. And sorry about the blank area, i was just a little uncreative and lazy there xD

- Smoother mountains, it looks Chaosy when some of them are spiked.
    already done =)

EDIT:
    Okay, fixed most of what you mentioned:
    -Strategic Points out in the open
    -3 critical locations, pretty open
    -Detail
    -Smoother mountains

But now i've got a problem: i "make" my minimaps via saving the map and the ME automatically generates "_W40kME_temp_mm.tga" and "_W40kME_temp_icon.tga". But now they look like this:

somehow these bright rectangles look.. shitty. Is there something I can do about that?
    Last edited by Crinvo; 31st Jan 12 at 8:12 AM.

But now i've got a problem: i "make" my minimaps via saving the map and the ME automatically generates "_W40kME_temp_mm.tga" and "_W40kME_temp_icon.tga". But now they look like this:

somehow these bright rectangles look.. shitty. Is there something I can do about that?
    1. Edit it via paint, photoshop.
    2. Take a picture of the map in a sky view and snip it with the snipping tool.
    3. Call for help of the community.

Photoshopped the minimap (badly). New link up, little changes in the description to fit the mapdesign. Old version still available.

Have fun =)

Terribly Sorry - fixed version 1.1, something went wrong!

I keep getting crash to desktops on this 1024x1024 map. Everything plays fine in 512x512 maps and under.

same to me, but in multiplayer it didn't crash somehow :/

Thread Information