Download corrected normalmaps : Download

Download realistic blood : Download

Download realistic tracers : Download

Download MG34 complete pack : Download

Download Axis feldgrau skinpack : Download

Old stuff

Last edited by VanAdrian; 19th Nov 14 at 4:29 PM. Reason: updating

2. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #2
    They look good, certainly different from the standard ones. I'd be interested in a download link.

Do you have plans to make other icons? Perhaps something different for the Axis Howitzer Emplacement, or the various emplacements that many mods have...

Hey LD

So i'm glad you love them

I'll see what i can do for a download link, just need to see what i can make more and i need to give credit where it's due as i use some work of other artists

----------

first post updated

PS : i don't seem to be able to create the ''spoiler'' tool so don't beat me i'm not realy familiar with this forum

(already tried [/SPOILER] but it didn't work...)

4. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #4
    A lot of those images are quite nice, but some of the portrait images look a little grainy or blurry, in particular the bottom 4 portraits, and that Pak38 emplacement portrait.

The spoiler boxes must start with
    PHP Code:
     [spoiler]  and end with [/spoiler
    You also need to double check the spelling, as i seen some spoiler boxes fail because on of the tags were accidently misspelled (i've done it).

thanks ^^ it work perfectly now

So yes, some of those image are quite bad i think, but remember that i've done all those artwork with MS Paint (!) 1 or 2 years ago

So as i've said it before, i'm going to update everything to a better quality level and release a package as soon as possible

it's funny, except for the flag, this is identical to this one picture of my EAW ...
    By VanAdrian

EaW nebelwerffer pit

Hey Dartborne

Hell yeah you're right i've forgot that i've take this from your mod, dont remember who was the correct artist so i'll check the first post to add you on the credits by the way, sorry for this issue, but it was a long time since i've do this so i don't recall every artist on each image i modify ^^

By the way, i don't claim that i'm the creator of the image, but i just say that i've modify some image based on the work of other people, like you for exemple

So yeah, i've take your portrait and edit it to have the panzer elite flag instead of the werhmacht one, so you can use it for both faction

So first post updated with you, sir, on the credits

first post updated

Added the "generic ambient" portrait for all neutral building

Credit to Relic, as it's the original portrait of the first CoH Beta Demo, just take it out and modify it a little bit

------ unused relic made ''teller mines'' portrait added aswel as my own version with ''neutral'' style background ------
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 2nd Feb 12 at 11:23 AM.

nothing happens , I'm familiar with the image you use for the search light portrait.

If you want to do more to EaW... :P

10. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #10
    Your icons are quite good, some are a little pixely but hey, everyone has to learn. I don't mind others using my work in their own creations as long as I'm credited (which you did), but perhaps next time it would be smarter to ask people first before releasing, as some people might not want it.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Cel├ęstial

Thanks for the compliments

...but, i've released nothing for the moment ^^
    I'm aware, as you say, to give proper credits where it's due and to ask the original artist before any public
    release

@Dartbone : ok ^^ I believed that you were angry against me cause i've modified your image

For the spotlight portrait, yes, i've take out your image and create a proper portrait for it as long as you have'nt one in your mod, which is realy great,
    by the way
    personnaly i love it but i think we can do some work together, so i can help you on the 2D art, if you need help and want me

I'm currently working on my own mod and on creating new portrait style (already fixed some original Relic made portraits), so i'll release the 2D art only when i'll
    get the permission of all original authors and when job will be finished

So here it's more to see what you feel about what i've firstly made and then create better goodies in the future

PS : sorry for my bad english, if you don't understand somethings, as i'm french and do not use translator, want to improve my english then
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 3rd Feb 12 at 11:21 AM.

First post updated

--- some critical textures added --- some new portraits and icon added --- medic portrait fixed (red cross instead of the swiss flag )

hope it's easier to read now

PS : @Dartborne : i've received your message and gave you an answer ^^ (so here you can see some new stuff, i can give you a link if you want it, but say what you feel about, you can't hurt me if you say it's badass )
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 3rd Feb 12 at 1:56 PM.

First post updated
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 7th Feb 12 at 1:41 PM.

But you can place a link there to the continuating post. So nothing will be lost or overlooked.

Btw. Nice work man.

@ Jagdpanther :
    ^^ ok i'll do this tomorow with some more goodies

... and thanks for
    Btw. Nice work man.
    (don't forget that it's not only my own work, as i've based a lot of image on the job of other people around there, just creating new one, fixing some other and showing the result here )

Then see it like a new variation of existing stuff.

This way not all things have the same look and feel.

BTW...

I've done some fixes on the Relic made critical, using Attrib.sga aswell as the main Art folder so i've done the following things :

-- when you upgrade the hotchkiss h35 with the stuka rocket laucher, it's critical (plan) showed ingame gain a new texture which feature those side rocket launcher (as it was already designed for the whermacht halftrack) --- so here is the screenies :

Spoiler

-- when you upgrade the sdkfz 234 Puma with the 50mm turret, it's critical gain the turret plan/texture (already created by Relic but unused O_o) ---
    Here the screenies :

Spoiler

-- the panzerschreck use the same rocket than the bazooka, but there is already a proper panzershreck rocket (art/models/races/axis/soldiers/weapons/panzerschreck_ammo.rgm) without any animation/fx :
    i've added (via .abp, mixing with a no-textured bazooka rocket) the rocket trail FX to the panzerschreck ammo and used it as standard ammo for panzerschreck instead of the bazooka one... it look better, you even notice it ingame, exept if you dont care --- screen tomorow (the only problem is that the rocket take ~5 seconds to disappear when it explode... so the rocket float in the air [1/1.5 metter from the ground])

-- the M18 recoiless rifle fire the standard shell model... but there is already a proper M18 shell modelled by Relic, unused and actually unfinished... it stay vertilinear ingame ^^ hope someone can do something about this, may be cool to replace the bad Relic made shell for the M18

-- a lot of normalmap of some texture of the environnements object were wrong (simple blue maps instead of relic green normalmap with interpolated alphas), i've fixed all those wrong texture, creating new proper relic style normalmaps so it fixe all those mysterous shader of the few object which were altered :

Last edited by VanAdrian; 6th Feb 12 at 2:37 AM.

last post updated with the hotchkiss rocket launcher critical upgrade and puma 50mm turret critical upgrade
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 4th Feb 12 at 1:59 AM.

19. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #19
    Your criticals are great! You certainly have a knack for them, and i know a number of community vehicles could use criticals of their own! If your interested, i could always write you a list.

Thx LD

Ok i can help the community with some new criticals ^^

I've already some stuff to do for Dartborne and TigerTanker but anyway, why not ?
    So yes if you want to give me a 'to do' list i'm open

... it's just that for this week i'm really busy with university work so do not expect a lot of progress for this week

As LD it says, those criticals are for great interest, for me too ...

Do you create a package for downloading?

@Jagdpanther
    Hmm yes i'll create a package for all my work... but for the moment i just give image of what i've done, use your feeback to improve my errors and after that i'll give public release for my final work... so as mod team want to say... done when it's done ^^ but you can hope to see some progress in the following weeks

----------

@BlackBishop

I know you are going to include the Ellefant tank hunter in EF for the Ostheer, so if you want to take the critical i've made, just pm me

So i'll use some of my free time to create a better version of it and give a download link asap

Good to know. I'm also favorize LD's idea with the model list for all the missing criticals. It seems you have the right hand for. So I'm still watching your progress.

Finally some news

Spoiler

As i hate the littlejohn adapter upgrade icon Relic made and as we have a great moddeler who made a proper model for it, i've decided a long time ago to sort this ^^ so today i show you the result
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 5th Feb 12 at 2:07 PM.

25. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #25
    Alright, here's what i came up with off my head, and looking in my own archives to make sure that there aren't criticals released for it already. I doubt this list is complete, mostly just models currently available to the community that don't have criticals also available, so i'm open to any suggestions or reminders if i've missed any vehicles, or already existing criticals for a vehicle i have listed.

VanAdrian, most modders here have an easy policy of taking our time and doing things right the first time, so by all means, take your time, and by no way should you feel obligated to do all of these, or any. Do what your comfortable with, as those of us here without the artistic talent (such as me) are always grateful for any stuff, particulary icons and criticals.

The List

On the topic of taking our time, i know i'm certainly guilty, i'm sure it's been almost a year since i last released an update to Cross of Iron...
    Last edited by Lethal Dosage; 12th Feb 12 at 3:10 AM.

WOW THAT is a list !

i'll see what i can do for... but before i'm glad to present to the community some stuff which had a risk to be lost... so the following stuff i present on this post is not by me, i've just done a very few modifications and created the panzer iv stubby shield upgrade icon : so here credits goes to the dead Strong Volition mod (Red Tide, a member of the german community, was it's creator) and to Relic, as there is a lot of unused icon of the current version and of the very first beta demo, which disapeared when beta closed...

Spoiler

No download link for all this stuff for the moment as i've not any permission to release it

Will come in package with the rest of my work when it will be entirely done

27. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #27
    WOW THAT is a list !
    lol, don't worry too much, it's kinda an "Ultimate Wishlist". I'm sure there's criticals for a number of these vehicles in mods, that are either unreleased, or simply not officially released for the community to use.

Here are the several icons i've made for the PANZERKRIEG game modus :

Spoiler

Last edited by VanAdrian; 7th Feb 12 at 1:40 PM.

got a download for the shader fixes?

@LeoPhone

You're interested in my shader fixes ?

Ok here you go, credits goes only to Relic for the original textures and to me for the normalmaps :

Spoiler

BTW, original post updated with a link too ^^

... and at last but not least.... i've done a new version of the Danuvia 37M upgrade icon !
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 6th Feb 12 at 3:06 AM.

@LD I've actualy made full ui with working crits for the m3 stuart, just haven't gotten around to packaging it all.

First post updated with download links !!!! ^^

Hope it will help you and you'll be satisfied as i do not give money back

Hmm... Mediafire seems to have some issues today, i don't know what hapened and i can't even access to my account

So pls scuse me for the broken download links, i'll see if it's a definitive problem or if i can fix that

Hello

So i've an old skin DoctorLee made for the gewehr 43 and i've used on the scopless model TankDestroyer made a time ago, so as it was never publicaly released, only in his mod (i get it in his old mod, now dead and un-available, so i'm lucky ) and as i don't know if DoctorLee is already present here i ask the following questions :

- Did i can publicaly release DoctorLee's work since he's not here for a while ?
    - If 'YES', did somebody is interested in his G43 texture ?

Thx

Edit -- images removed --
    Last edited by VanAdrian; 11th Feb 12 at 10:27 AM.

@VanAdrian
    Thanks, we will use the Elefant critical then ! IMO seems excellent.

@blackbishop
    I'm glad you like them ^^... and to be honest i'm glad to help you too

So here you go, i publicaly release the Elefant criticals (all criticals included, engine, main gun, left and right treads) so check the first post for the download link

37. Company of Heroes Senior Member  #37
    Now that your well into your icons, criticals, and whatever else your up to , and have released some of it, i think it's safe to move this to the Ammo Box, which is just the place for this sort of thread.

Releasing other people's work can be a little tricky to work out whether it's ok or not. In this case, without permission from the original author, it is not ok to release his work. I see that DoctorLee hasn't been active here for almost a year now, however i'm sure you would still be able to contact him via PM or Email and seek his permission. The THE ARMOURY - Forum Guidelines and Information, in particular the section regarding Assets and Permission, can be helpful for further reference, and is always worth reading at least once. If you can't contact DoctorLee, or if he won't give permission, then sadly, we gotta let it go. If it were the case of something he'd already released, such as his Skin-mod, then it might be possible to upload the entire package and add an alternate link to his thread, so his work can continue to be available to the entire community, while leaving it in no uncertain terms who'se work it is, and who deserves credit.

@LethalDosage
    thx for the clear up mate

So yes i'm not on the way to release any work of other people without any permission, i've just asked this as DoctorLee was not an active member since a year as you says

So ok i'll see that and i'll give you news about, anyway, thanks for all good comment and for the help

Nice work and many thank's for the Ferdinand/Elefant criticals.

@jagdpanther

Thx ^^

No problem for the elefant critical
    But honestly i think it's not the best texture we can create so i'll see tomorow or tonight if i can do another texture with better dimensions for the barrel etc..

I whish I could create something like this ... it's good enough.

First post updated with a newer version of the elefant/ferdinand critical (all critical textures included) and with a download link for this one + the pak 36, pak 40 and achilles criticals

hope it's better for the elefant now

Yepp, he looks better than before, but both are good. Great you also put the pak's into this package. Can you read my mind? Both pak's are the newcomers in my mod. One addition for @LD's whishlist do I have: the JagdTiger (made by Mr.Scruff).

Yes i've read in your mind sorry if i hurt you hehe ^^

By the way what's your mod ? I've always believed that you were part of the BK Mod team

So yes i'll see what i can do for all vehicles, Jagdtiger first if you want it's just that i take my time and do something only when i feel good for ^^ so maybe today, maybe tomorow... maybe never... no it's a joke here

is there even a proper elefant released then?

I have one version from that Chinese dude(I think it was from him anyway lol) but that model doesn't have animations for left and right barrel movement.

@LeoPhone

Tiger205 (the chinese dude you mentions ) released the elefant, but it was suppressed due to copyright issue ^^

Anyway Gurdy created a beautifull model you can see at the CMP thread, will be released when finished i hope ... and at last but not least, Eastern Front mod will have it's own model, so i think there will be 3 different elefant's model in all the mods around

So critical will be usefull for this reason ^^

Persnickety South African Mirage Knight's Avatar
    The model Gurdy's working on has provisions for a hull MG, commander's cupola and a gun shield if that helps you any

Thanks Mirage

The 2 first thing will not be featured on the critical as it's never featured on relic's crits but the last thing is interesting : gun shield, what is this ?

I'm hisorian student and i'm WW2 specialized so i know a lot of thing about but i've never heard of gun shield for ferdinand/elefant ^^ (if it will be available as an upgrade for the tank and if there is a quite big visual change i'll see what i can do to integrate that change to the critical when upgrade reached ingame )

By the way what's your mod ? I've always believed that you were part of the BK Mod team
    No I'm not a part of any team at the moment, I'm working on my own (private) mod.

@LeoPhone: yepp, it's the one from Tiger205.

about the gun shield question

Last edited by Jagdpanther; 10th Feb 12 at 2:27 AM.

@jagdpanther

Thanks a lot mate

i've never noticed this thing

So i think it should be not realy noticeable on the critical so don't care of that

----------

@blackbishop

I've updated my elefant/ferdinand critical and added a pak 40 crit too, so feel free to use them in your mod

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information