Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm. The global goal of TWM-concept has been reached!

Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm. The global goal of TWM-concept has been reached!

====================================================================================================
    Titanium Wars Mod for Soulstorm
    =================================
    Grumbling Orc Game Development,
    Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - December 2013.
    =================================================
    NB!: This Mod only for Soulstorm ver.1.2 (not for Dark Crusade)!!!
    Dark Crusade version see here:
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=237527
    and here:
    link removed by admin
    Please don't write in this topic about Dark Crusade version. Go to the appropriate topic.
    ===============================================================

Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.

This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!"

See Mod's readme-files for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!

Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!

Screenshots

Team Colourable Warhound

Titanium Wars Army Painter

---------------------------

Mod's files:

Visit Titanium Wars page on Mod DB, and download mod files there:

link removed by admin

Setup

Note about known software problem under Windows 7

Change Log

Titanium Wars FAQ

Features of this mod:

- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree.
    - Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
    - New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
    - RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
    - Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
    - And finally Titans and Titan-like units!

Important remarks:

- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
    - This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
    - This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
    - This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
    - A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
    - This Mod is new view on campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).

Current active Team Members:

Grumbling Orc.

I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:

- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
    - Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
    - Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
    - Dawn of War Texture Tool 1.8.1 and its creators.
    - Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
    - Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, Inquisition Daemonhunt (especially), Whitch Hunters (especially), Craftworld, and Tyranid (especially) mods creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod.
    - Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
    - Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
    - Special thanks to Catwell as author of Great Unclean Ones and Keeper of Secrets models. Hierophant Bio-Titan too.
    - Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
    - Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
    - Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
    - AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
    - Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me.
    - Thanks to SS BugFix mod team for their detailed readme file. Some their observations were very useful and some their fixes were incorporated into the Titanium Wars Mod.
    - Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
    - My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
    - Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
    - And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.

Also many thanks to our donators (look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder):

1. Manny Sandoval (especially)
    2. Strawberry Lisa
    3. Daniele Onizzi
    4. Sinisa Kusan
    5. Jared Terwilliger
    6. ...

Donations remind modders that modders have to work.

Sincerely yours,
    Grumbling Orc.

Grumbling Orc Great Hall, February 2012.

P.S. Some important remarks:
    - For gamers. Before ask me about features of this Mod please read my Titanium readme file carefully. It is huge but it consist of many ready answers.
    - For beta testers. Look on damage info HTML-files. This is very useful information for balance tunings. Looking forward for your observations, remarks, and considerations.
    - To authors of DoW models. If you author of DoW models, and you see your model(s) in this Mod, and you want personal copyright in my Titanium readme file (or in first post of this thread), then send me list of your models used by me with confirmation of corresponding mod team leader where I found this model(s). We can make authors' huge list together if it is needed for you.
    - For modelers and texturers. Version of Titanium Wars Mod will stay 0.99.xx (pre-release status) while placeholders are present in it (Greater Daemon of Tzeentch). I invite 3D-modelers and artists for collaboration (see Needs List). This Mod is a kind of a public megacollection of your best artwork. You may test your new models in this Mod framework with my help. May be I'll able to fix some problems of your models, especially on WHE-file level. See Titanium readme "Fixed bugs" section and "TWM_Change_Log.txt" for details.
    - For other modders. You may use my work without special contact with me. My work is free for all true lovers of DoW game series. Just mention about me and Titanium Wars in credits section of your readme files and forum tread start messages. Of course you must receive permissions from true authors of DoW models and only then my additional work over their models and OE-code is free for you. Some of my work is only mine and some other my work is over DoW Community ready-made models and other DoW stuff. Consult with me if it's necessary.
    - At finally. I repeat that I am not a 3D-modeler and artist. I never pretend to any authors rights of any DoW models. Actually all rights and renown belong to artwork creators. In my humble opinion I think that all created ready-made models belong to all International DoW Community. We all work with love to Warhammer 40000 Universe. We all work for each other. My work is free for all true lovers of DoW game series.
    Last edited by Ap0k; 5th Jan 14 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Fine-tuning the page.
    >>> Titanium Wars Mod <<<

Let me express two things:
    - firstly, wonderful, it's good to see a mod reaching fruition, even if, i'm sure, development never really reaches an end. Good luck in that and all...
    - secondly, seeing as you too pop the 4XL 'DONATE' banner, what would donation go for? And how can any donator be certain of the use made thereof ? I'll certainly be branded 'party-pooper' but that's something of a really murky area which i'd be really interested for donation-askers, whomever they are, to clarify.
    We look to the heavens so that one day our children may look back towards home.

Are you still using the stiff Warhound with no animations, or do you use the new one?
    Courage and Honor!
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.
    They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.
    Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.
    They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

To Lleman. Donation is an expression of gratitude and goodwill. It is completely voluntary. If every TWM player would have donated at least 10$, then work on this Mod would be considerably facilitated and accelerated. For example, I have a very long time working on a very old computer. Upgrading my PC would be greatly helped me in my work on this huge and complex project... So much work has been done, but a lot more work must be done... In addition, there is a theoretical possibility to produce DoW-models by professional 3D-modelers for a fee.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 16th Feb 12 at 1:36 PM.

Dark Eldar and Whitch Hunters

Both SS two races are fully functonal in TWM manner: double cap, TWM weapon system, TWM health improvements, TWM AI system, campaign changes and other. Some new features for two new races (this is small part of TWM readme-file):

Dark Eldar:
    ===========

- Archon model was replaced by Archon model from the campaign. Wargear was added for using just as for all commanders of any other races in this Mod.
    - Warp Beast Pack max limit 6.
    - All machinery of Dark Eldar has the jump ability now. OE-code for all models of vehicles was remade properly.
    - Reaver Jetbike model was replaced. Thanks to Horus Heretic for model. New weapon upgrades were added. OE-code was changed for adding jump ability too.
    - New ability Shadow Beam was added for Ravager. Special powerful shot. Effective only against Vehicle High, Monster High, and Buildings High.
    - New ability Shadow Dancing was added for Ravager. Temporarily cloaks Ravager and reduces damage from enemy ranged attacks.
    - Ravager max limit 4.
    - Dais of Destruction max limit 2.
    - Tower of Dominance was added as defensive turret. Max limit 16 per HQ.

Witch Hunters:
    ==============
    - This race was renamed. Sisters of Battle renamed to Witch Hunters. This is canonical name of this faction from the tabletop W40k game with its own classic Codex. This race will be realized in this Mod framework as a union of Ecclesiarchy and Ordo Hereticus with full compliance with the Codex.
    - Canoness model was replaced by Canoness model from the campaign. Wargear was added for using just as for all commanders of any other races in this Mod.
    - Sister Repentia Squad max limit 4.
    - Rhino Transport max limit 6.
    - Penitent Engine max limit 6.
    - Exorcist max limit 4.
    - Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord was added. The new commander unit with his own retinue: Acolyte, Servo Skull, Hierophant, Storm Trooper Bodyguard.
    - Storm Troopers Squad was added with corresponding sergeant. Storm Trooper and Storm Trooper Sergeant models were OE-coded for correct work of Missionary abilities (Missionary can be attached to this squad). Model of Storm Trooper Sergeant is also used as an Acolyte, so the necessary changes were made in the OE-code in addition.
    - Combat Servitors Squad and Gun Servitors Squad were added. They have repair ability. Leader of this squads is Techpriest with Auspex and Reset Servitors abilities.
    - Vindicare Assassin was added. Max limit 1.
    - Eversor Assassin was added. Max limit 1.
    - Inqusitorial Chimera was added. This is improved version of Chimera with modified Predator turret.
    - Inqusitorial variants of Land Raider, Land Raider Crusader, and Land Raider Redeemer were added. Cumulative max limit 3.
    - New building Inquisitorial Landing Pad was added. Max limit 1 per HQ. It adds 10 squad points and 10 support points. All inqusitorial units can be built here. Deep strike on Thunderhawk can be used from here.
    - Multi-Melta Turret was added as improved variant of defensive turret. Max limit 4 per HQ.

Other races were essentially improved too. See readme file in Mod's archive for details. Now you'll see good game with new quality of gameplay. Old project got its second wind.

Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!

P.S. I found some little erratum in readme and USC just now. "Inquisitorial Landing Pad" is written incorrectly in UCS file - there is an extra letter. Also this building incorrectly mentioned in the readme file. It says "Adeptus Titanicus Factory" instead of "Inquisitorial Landing Pad". All this pesky typos. I am sorry.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 16th Feb 12 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Removing some typos.

very nice job on this mod awsome keep up the great work iam loving the witch hunters

Impressive. Will have to try out this version too.

Btw, have you yet to do any work on the campaign? I suppose not, but I want to be sure. If you have, then I don't want to find out the hard way (reaching a Stronghold on hard only to get my ass whopped).
    Last edited by Rytlock; 16th Feb 12 at 2:54 AM.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.

This is first public version. However campaign is fully functional in TWM SS as before in DC. Strongholds are not improved yet. Only minimum changes there for TWM compatibility. No new scar code stronghold's scripts as in DC version. It is requires a lot of hardwork. Maybe it will be done in future development.

I see. Thanks for answering my question. Now I can safely play the game on hard without having to worry about sudden enemy OP:ness.

I commend you for your work on the Sis- I mean Witch Hunters. It's nice to have some more units (landraider FTW).

On a side note, it seems like you haven't given either of the new races any titans. Have you improved the Saint and the Dais of Destruction to fill in the rolls of titans for the time being?

Oh, thats amazing mod. GrOrc thank you for Titanic work and good project. I like it. Spasibo
    My own mods for Dawn of War game

Red Necrontyre
    Genestealers Campaign
    Horus Heresy Operation Istvaan
    White Scars Mod
    DoW Rebalance
    Laurentian Hussars
    Dawn of Immolation

co-author of:
    DoW Realism SS
    Perun Warhounds
    and a lot of other mods :)

also i was tester of Ultimate Apocalypse mod (in august 2011)

Tester and skinner of Codex Mod :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock View Post
    On a side note, it seems like you haven't given either of the new races any titans. Have you improved the Saint and the Dais of Destruction to fill in the rolls of titans for the time being?
    This is FIRST public SS-version. The new races will be refined in the future development...

Finally available for Soulstorm, thanks a lot

A SS version of TW, and with Campaign unmodified? This is exactly what I was looking for in the DC version, a compstomp with new units.
    I am well pleased.

MISTER GRORC : Would be possible add other races in future ? tyranids, idh ...

Quote Originally Posted by METAL GOD View Post
    Would be possible add other races in future ? tyranids, idh ...
    Maybe maybe... IDH is my dream. I am periodically asking Compiler about IDH permissions. At first he refused my request. He did not answer on my next requests... Models from WH Mod is other my dream. WH team do not answer on any mails so long time... Tyranids... this is the most difficult question. I have ready concept for Tyranids within TWM framework However it have no needed models for Tyranid race. We have not quality ready made models for Tyranids now as I think. And some needed models are non-existent. DoW2 models are not available for copyright reasons...

So as we see... I can develop the new races only in unofficial private manner now...

P.S. I am not a mister. I am comrade. USSR is alive in our hearts...

oh! maintain the hope that the permissions granted to this great mod, that would be great

Hey I have missed a virus alert. anyone else have one? or just me?

oh! maintain the hope that the permissions granted to this great mod, that would be great
    I hope too. In the meantime, I'll play with these models alone...
    Hey I have missed a virus alert. anyone else have one? or just me?
    What are you talking about?

I have Comodo antivirus and when to install your mod an alert occurred, at the end watching the events of the virus, referred to the UA inistall. Exe, not your mod.

To METAL GOD. Heh! TWM has no executable files in the archive, and therefore it can not be infected by any viruses in general. (Only one file AIControlPanel.exe that people does not use usually.)

Ver.0.99.01 essential update.

First update for SS version.

Change Log
    =========

- Elite Incubus Squad was added. It is spawned from Dais of Destruction. Max limit 1.
    - Turbo Boosters ability was added for Reaver Jetbike. Allow the vehicle to move at top speed, but disables all weapons. Makes the vehicle resistant to ranged damage while the ability is active.
    - Ravager max limit 6 now.
    - Fixed some little bugs.
    - Some rebalance overpatching was made.
    - Fixed some errors in the Titanium UCS-files.
    - Titanium readme files were updated.

DE anti-tank and anti-building weapons more powerful now. Dais of Destruction restored as unique hero unit.
    Last edited by GrOrc; 24th Feb 12 at 1:55 PM.

Thank You!! fantastic mod the variety of units and buildings just amazing effort, am using and old laptop so am lagging during massive combat, could you add a wincondition called smallbattle that reduce total/support cap to half, also auto reinforce,auto abilities, fallback rule,
    i haven't play much but i like to is the AI fully functional? More power to TWM

AI is fully functional for all new units, buildings, and their weapons, abilities, addons, etc.

Play TWM only on good computers. TWM is optimized for large epic battles. Small maps is not recomended for play. Small battles never support.

I'd just like to say I'm incredibly grateful for this wonderful mod; I'm already having so much fun with it and it's amazing to see the AI use the units you have created in the right situations.

Just out of interest, under what conditions will the AI build a titan in skirmish mode? Often I've seen them clearly floating a lot of resources, with a captured relic and all the right tech and an extended game yet they do not build it. I'd just like to know as titan vs. titan would be too cool!

To am138. Yes. AI very rare build Titans. AI use other units mass. Titans can be built by AI only after the liberation of 8 squad and 20 support cap during the great battle with the enemy. However AI restores army very quickly. So Titans can't be built while cap is filled almost completely. This is ordinary situation for AI. However sometimes we see this:

Titan vs Titan by AI

New to Titanium Wars

Hello,

I am new to the mod, and after two long days of experimenting with the new units, I have to say that I am very impressed.

A quick question regarding the SS races. I understand (as per the string) that new units for these armies are coming... in the meantime, will these armies be too unbalanced to use? I noticed that while Sisters of Battle (witch hunters) have new units, I am assuming that these are place holders as they dont seem to match. Will these be enough to still include them in multiplayer battles without worrying about being slaughtered by the bigger units?

Thanks for the insight,

- Tomasina

To Tomasina. Balance for WH and DE is in progress. First public SS version of TWM was released recently. Other 7 races were developed so far in DC version of TWM. I work on WH and DE so little time...

Tomasina

Sorry, but what do you mean with "don't seem to match"? The witch hunter make use of all new units in Wh40k lore.

Hi GrOrc,

First up: amazing mod; it's breathed new life into SS for me.

I've been playing around with your mod for my own personal use; I tried to increase the melee damage the Chapter Master did. I noted that his weapon was shared by other units, so I created a new weapon for him and increased the damage for that; however, in game, he still registers the same melee damage. Any idea why that would be? I've done this before for other units without problems.

Cheers,

OS

Ok, so, I've figured out that I can freely change the Chapter Master's ranged damage, but can't seem to impact his H2H damage at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Think I have a bug in the campaign.

I am playing as Imperial guard and I am attacking the space marine main base. I defeat them and the end movie thing rolls. Then it goes to a loading menu and then crashes. Has happened to me 3 times so far. I believe it is the mod. I could be wrong but I think if it was from the vanilla game it would of been patched long ago.

This is using the version 0.99.01 and it is the first time I've installed this mod.

Sorry about not being able to offer more then just that. I don't know if there's a crash log or anything so.

Edit:

Found a "Error log" in the soulstorm folder Here is what it says:

soulstorm.exe caused a No Memory in module ntdll.dll

Is that a problem with the mod or me?
    Last edited by MrBlazzar; 3rd Mar 12 at 6:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike_Power
    Don't you know? The Birds! Dangerous enemies of the Imperium, due to their habit of flapping around and getting sucked into the holy engines, tainting them with feathers, bringing down the mighty machines of man! The age of the Squawks!

To MrBlazzar. Thanks for report. In fact, campaign is not developed for SS version of TWM yet. It's not tested by me. I made only minimum changes in campaign for TWM compatibility. Now SS version is skirmish version basically. Improved SS campaign will be developed in future within TWM framework. Please, keep reporting about bugs in campaign who play it for own risk. I do not guarantee the quality of game in the campaign for the first SS versions of TWM. I'll have to do a lot of work before the campaign will receive the quality...

Play campaign in DC version of TWM if someone want quality campaign game right now.

Alright. Well that's one error its a no memory thing. I also got it when playing a random mission against orcs in a area right next to the space marine capital.

Both where No memory things in the error logs:

If you wish I can post a full version of the error logs for both places.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlazzar View Post
    If you wish I can post a full version of the error logs for both places.
    Ask Relic or Microsoft about it. DoW engine problems and/or your OS problems is not my concern.

Ahh stupid broken engines can't take the epicness of this mod :P.

Edit: Fixed my problem. Turned out Soulstorm's graphic setting thing isn't reading my physical Memory (RAM) so it says I have 0 and only sets 764 MB or texture memory. And when I finished those missions the textures for some reason where I think to high so the ntdll.dll wouldn't let it load. So when I lowered all texture settings to low it worked fine.

I have 16GB of ram too. I don't know why this crap isn't reading it. Time to do some research I guess.
    Last edited by MrBlazzar; 3rd Mar 12 at 10:33 PM.

Suggest having stormtroopers as the first combat units you can build instead of the current sisters of battle squad. I think lore wise that sisters of battle are a step up from stormtroopers with their power armor and bolters and so it makes no sense that stormtroopers are later tier unit that costs more and are in effect better at what they do when it should be the other way around.

To Pedro. No. Stormtroopers are special Inquisitorial warriors. They are used as landing troops only. SoB present on the planet first as Ecclesiarchy defenders. Any Inquisition forces will come next as support forces.

Hello.

First post for me on this forum. I'm from France and i'm sorry for my english.
    I'm following your mod and it's seems your are working on the Lord of Change model with the Thousand sons team (who is the second mod i'm following).
    I just want asking you how your work is progressing. Tzeentch is my favorite chaos god and i'm very very impatient of a release of your mod with him. I am more impatient for your release than for the release of Diablo 3 :-)

I would help you but i'm not having the skill for. So i just can encourage you.
    Good luck and give us news about the development.

Nefrem.

Quote Originally Posted by nefrem View Post
    I would help you but i'm not having the skill for. So i just can encourage you.
    Good luck and give us news about the development.
    Hello, our French friend.

Thank you for your kind words about Titanium Wars Mod (TWM). You can make great help to TWM-project. Find the Whitch Hunters Mod (WH Mod) team (KRMZ and/or Friedric P. - they are French) and talk to them in their native language. Ask them to give for TWM the official permissions to use their beautiful models from their remarkable WH Mod. If you will be successful, you'll make a great help to TWM-project. Then the WH race in TWM will find the beauty and perfection.

LoC is in slow progress. So much work must be done. This is unfinished complicated model. I am working on it right now. However I can not make a prediction when the work will be completed...

There is a mod on DC (ZMS mod) in witch there is the LoC. Don't know where their model come from but it seems being "playable".There is a lot of screenshots on this blog "blog.daum.net/satan6666/868" (it's seems i'm not authorized to post a url).
    I said that but i'm sure you know all of this.

I will send a mail to the WH team as soon as i find "the good words" (an their mail). It's sure their models are awesome.
    Thanks for the news.

To nefrem. Of course I know about that LoC variant. That variant based on Living Saint anims and OE-code. This is not enough quality for TWM. I always make my own quality variants for all DoW Community models. See TWM-readme files for details...

"That variant based on Living Saint" this variant is flying permanent ?

To METAL GOD. Yes. And even some woman's voices stay there in OE-code... We also see the angelic form of wings there. He-he... Good form for daemon. Perhaps Tzeentch is happy seeing this desecration...

Yes, yes that Tzeentch bless you with a mutation.

LoC will have the correct form in TWM. Quality is guaranteed by Grumbling Orc Game Development. And good 3D-modelling work by TS team.

Hi I am looking to try this mod but every time i try to download it it stops halfway can you post the best link you have for it.

on a side not this looks like the best mod i have seen very well done

loving this mod grorc its like having a whole new game also the one for dc is great too keep up the great work

Hi, Have you received the PM? Is it possible to add the chaos units of DP?

To METAL GOD. The wrong question. DP have no own models. Only kitbashing of other mod's models. You should know what you're asking...

TWM use only original modeling work with my own quality editing 3D and/or OE.

Sorry for asking, but what does DP stand for? Is it a mod? In that case, which is it? I know of DA, DH and DoC, but not DP.

If Metal God asked the question wrong, then how about this: Is it possible to add the chaos units that DP uses? Is it possible to contact the makers of the models and ask for their permission?

Once again, I hope I haven't severely missunderstood something here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information