- various bugfixes

v.2b

- new ships
    - NTF added
    - various bugfixes

v.1b

Initial release.

Download
    Last edited by Unicron; 19th Sep 04 at 8:02 AM.
    "its big... but.. nothing compares to the might of the foundry! ... zept maybe the Megastation... and, even that doesnt compare to the awe and greatness that is Unicron." - TyrealMathias
    --
    The TS30+ Networking Thread

Bones V2.0
    lookin' sweet so far.

thegoatman
    Definitley looking good. I anxiosly await this one.

thrawn
    Does this mean a new FS2 mod is on its way? Wohooo, definately looking forward to playing this one!

Kurimuzon
    holy crap that's awesome! Do the bombers have working turrets on them too?

Yes there is definatily a new FS2 TC on the way.

The turret of the Medusa is set up, and about to be implemented when I start writing the scripts. Weapons, positions, stats and trails are not made yet.

Another one;

I have now 27 ships in-game, 5 of them fully implemented.

wookieman
    ahh. so this is one of the other projects you have been working on!

hooraa!

Ryuune
    That's soo cool!!
    But how can you work on so may project at the same time?

thegoatman
    Ooooooohohohohhoohoooo.... THAT is foxy.

The kids can call you HoJu! Homer Jr.'s Avatar
    Unicron is very talented like that. He can talk on the phone, cook dinner, work on mutliple mods, and vacuum all at the same time!

mjolnir
    Hey have you gotten in the perseus and the horus? those are my fav ships next to the Deimos. and how many ships are there in the whole FS2?
    Another thing:
    I've noticed that in FS2 most of the combat takes place between fighters and cap ships. One fighter given enough time could almost wipe out half a fleet (as long as its Alpha 1 :bandit: ) of cap ships and if you put in lets say ten SF dragons Alpha one's toast. Usually if there's cap ship combat it only takes place between a squad of fighters and one cruiser or destroyer or fighter combat + two cap ships duking it out. Anything bigger than a bomber is at least thirty times one.

On the other hand, in HW2 the combat takes place between small fighter skirmishes, corvette and fighter skirmishes, frigate and smaller ships skirmishes, or mixed fleets with all the classes represented: Fighters, Corvettes, Frigates, Capitals, and sometimes even platforms if the combat is close to the enemy or friendly base.
    Im not saying a FS2 mod is a bad idea, im saying that it would be harder (notice the er part) to get the feel of FS2. Plus the fact that the FS space is mostly dark with only a few nebula levels while in Homeworld 2 it looks like a sunrise or sunset. I guess that would be easy to fix.
    Last edited by mjolnir; 7th May 04 at 3:06 PM.

fearing
    Unicron you really scare me! :argh:
    Your creations are always inspiring !

Thanks for the replies.

A bit of background:

While this is a FS2 TC and will have everything what FS2 had, end even more; it will also show more than combat. This TC will be played from the point of view of an admiral. In FS2 you had alot of action, in this TC, we will concentrate on resourcing, building fleets, and of most importantly; strategical and tactical combat.

The Monkey
    This is going to be good.

mjolnir
    Wut monkey said. I guess you're right unicron. In FS2 you only see the action from the eyes of a lowly pilot. Who knows what skirmishes between hecates, ravanas, and Colossuses might happen thousands of miles away hmm.

Kurimuzon
    Oh man, I look so forward to this, you're the man Unicron (especially w/puttin turrets on the bombers). Are there any plans on making the Vasudans a seperate race? Or just have the GTVA?

Good ol' Osiris

1ce9politic
    :jaw::jaw::jaw::bow::bow::bow: *takes a break to wash out eyes*:jaw::jaw::jaw::bow::bow::bow: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

mjolnir
    Hey us said u had around 27 in game right? can u give us a list of ships in game?

Hay how many weapons are going to be on fighters for I would love to see "guns" and missles on fighters in big firer fights would be so cool. No trails would be good to help poor mechines like mine.

The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
    - Albert Einstein
    The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.- Albert Einstein
    Those who will not reason are bigots; those who cannot are fools; and those who dare not are slaves. -- Lord Byron

Big update:

Belial's and my TC have merged...

Click here for more.

Stay tunded.
    Last edited by Unicron; 10th May 04 at 8:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spacewolflord
    Hay how many weapons are going to be on fighters for I would love to see "guns" and missles on fighters in big firer fights would be so cool. No trails would be good to help poor mechines like mine.
    -- Alll ships will have several weapons. Belial allready had one laser and one missile slot, I've updated my ships to his weapon-loadouts. We're planning to create build-loadouts, which can be selected in the build menu's, to configure your ship.

-- Working on other trails.

mjolnir
    umm like i said can u giv us a list of ships that are currently in game? and maybe u can use the green lasers from the star wars instead of using Vgr_Laser as the bullets. And can u update belial's site? the info is kinda old.

thegoatman
    Shivan weapons ARE red.

Those are Subach HL-7's, not VBC ueberlasers. Shivans getting their lasers soon.

A preview of ships in-game is coming soon, when everything is set up.

Tellus eidolon
    damn... this mod looks cool

but like how far are u in the mod like 10-50-90%????

I NEDE MODS OR I WIL EXPLODE

27. Child's Play Donor  #27
    Guilty. Of being in space! Captain Pierce's Avatar
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    Tellus: Could you please, for the love of good, quit asking that in EVERY SINGLE mod-in-progress thread? A) It's incredibly annoying, and B) modding is not an exact science, where you can say, "Wow, once I get this next ship in-game, I'm exactly 79% done with this mod!!!11"

Unicron: Looking good.

mjolnir
    I meant the bullet named Vgr_Laser. Bullets are effects as far as i know such as Kinetic_Large or Kinetic_Small. I didn't mean the weapon Vgr_Laser. Like I made the weapon Hgn_VulcanKineticTurret fire Vgr_Laser instead of Kinetic_small. anyways, moving right along, is the subach an individual weapon that fires Vgr_Lasers? or did u modify a weapon? And umm what percent approximately are you at? like rounded to the nearest ten percent?

thegoatman
    Well, i thought those Medusas were Manticore fighters for some reason. the HL-7s will be foxy.

Subach HL-7 operational

thegoatman
    you should give the a dimmer second glow, like in FS2. thats was one of hte foxier things about that game.

Belial
    Unicron,

I'll code all the fighters weapons in the next few days, and hopefully i will have time to convert some textures, if u havnt finished allready.

I'll update my website in a bit.

Also, those muzzle flashes arent suited to fs ships, i'll make some new ones too.

Tellus eidolon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pierce
    Tellus: Could you please, for the love of good, quit asking that in EVERY SINGLE mod-in-progress thread? A) It's incredibly annoying, and B) modding is not an exact science, where you can say, "Wow, once I get this next ship in-game, I'm exactly 79% done with this mod!!!11"

Unicron: Looking good.
    im not asking them exatly how far they are im asking them if they just started if they are good under way or maby just about finished... so eas off my back about it

34. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #34
    No, you are asking them to give you a percentage. Furthermore, this thread is only 33 posts long, most of which are filled with pics. Read it.

Tellus eidolon
    dude... its tecnikal talk.. i dont know enough about modding to se where u are

soooo... where are u...just started under way or almost finished
    dont make me ask a 4th time

You are still asking the percentage on the thing, your just forming the question diffrently.

mjolnir
    umm i agree with tellus i feel like getting told the amount of work that has been finished. And a list of ingame ships? and belial, remember mojo from your last thread? I am him but I don't understand why they banned me. What did I do? and u said u couldn't get ur models ingame and what i am seeing now kinda contradicts that. Well, Unicron gave me hope that this project could get finished because i really wanna kick shivan ass. And like i said, can u put in a list of ships completed?

38. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #38
    This mod is 21.49 percent finished. Are you happy now?

Actual percentage may differ. Consult your local dealer for details..

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir
    umm i agree with tellus i feel like getting told the amount of work that has been finished. And a list of ingame ships? and belial, remember mojo from your last thread? I am him but I don't understand why they banned me. What did I do? and u said u couldn't get ur models ingame and what i am seeing now kinda contradicts that. Well, Unicron gave me hope that this project could get finished because i really wanna kick shivan ass. And like i said, can u put in a list of ships completed?

Mugsy
    Hello, im new to Relic news forums, but i have been playing Freespace 2 for a moderate amount of time,i m glad somebody is now making a new TC FS for Homeworld 2!

I got a question though, in terms of Weapons,

Number 1: Are you going to give upgrades to fighters about Weapons? such as Upgrading the Subach to,say, over time, the Kayser?

and 2:

Are you going to make Super-ships? Such as the Colosus? or the Sathanas? if so, what will the vasudans use?

and 3: maybe a stupid question, but are you going to include most, if not all, of the sounds for FS 2? like, the music perhaps? im tired of hearing Creepy music while using Star wars mod! :P

You cant just ask percentange of things because YOU like it, YOU MUST THINK ABOUT THE MODDER ITSELF, THE WORLD DOESN't REVOLVE AROUND YOU!

Belial
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy
    Hello, im new to Relic news forums, but i have been playing Freespace 2 for a moderate amount of time,i m glad somebody is now making a new TC FS for Homeworld 2!

I got a question though, in terms of Weapons,

Number 1: Are you going to give upgrades to fighters about Weapons? such as Upgrading the Subach to,say, over time, the Kayser?

and 2:

Are you going to make Super-ships? Such as the Colosus? or the Sathanas? if so, what will the vasudans use?

and 3: maybe a stupid question, but are you going to include most, if not all, of the sounds for FS 2? like, the music perhaps? im tired of hearing Creepy music while using Star wars mod! :P
    Adding fs2 music is easy enough, it will be in there, but it wont be quite as dynamic as Fs2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy
    I don't know anything about the mod, but I'd assume that if Vasudans are to be a seperate selectable race from the Terrans that they would also use the Colossus. Remember, the Colossus was built as a joint engineering project between the Terrans and Vasudans.

mjolnir
    Ya like I said I demand an explanation for mojo getting banned from one of the relic staff. Maybe then the grudge will be lifted.

We have a bunch of ships in-game, some effects set, and the scripts too, but the mod is not finished. However, going by a rough estimate, I would say we have 20%.

@Mugsy

1) Ship upgrades are planned.

2) Yes.

3) Vasudans are not a seperate species.

@mjolnir

This board is not part of Relic Entertainment (afaik). Meaning, no one from Relic will / can explain anything to you. Your best bet is to contact Dyntheos. But do that via PM, posting "Why did I got banned ?" in threads is bait for the flametrolls.

46. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #46
    It's also bait for a more permenant banning.

Oh, and this is now officially the second mod that I am actually looking forward to.

47. Child's Play Donor  #47
    Guilty. Of being in space! Captain Pierce's Avatar
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    On the plus side, once you get banned again, with the new Karos Graveyard forum, we'll all know why.

To be more on topic, it has been far too long since I played FS2, because I barely recognize any of these ships...
    Last edited by Captain Pierce; 11th May 04 at 3:50 PM.

adwight7
    I want that Hatshepsut, I WANT IT!!!

Mugsy
    I know that the GTVA is a Joint Task force and all, but isn't combining two diffrent races going to be a bit unfair?

but thanks for clearing it up on the colossus, i havent played that game in awhile, i completely forgot that both Races worked on it.

I have an idea:

Since maybe the two races will be a bigger match, i suggest Allowing Shivans to be able to at least use More than one, (maybe at tthe least 2 should small cap builds be allowed) Sathanas because:

***SPOILER***
    Throughout the second act you try crushing the one sathanas. buti n the head Over 80 of them Reach the Capella Sun.

There are alot more Shivans than GTVA forces. The only way the Terrans/Vasudans stand a chance --as GTVA.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information