DoW2 and SLI

DoW2 and SLI

Hey guys,

After 14 yrs and 7 ATI cards, I have finally made the jump to NVIDIA and am thrilled with my new 560 Ti. So much so that I decided to go SLI. Unfortunately I notice no improvement in performance at all in Dow 2. Basically, I added in the 2nd card, connected the bridge and other 2 cables, then fired it up and did a clean install of driver 295.73. The menu displays the new card, and all appears well but performance is exactly the same as with the one card. My specs:

Intel i7-920
    Asus p6T X58 Mobo
    12Gb Ram DDR3/1600MHz
    Windows Vista 64
    800 Watt PSU
    (nothing is OC'd)

One card is an NVIDIA brand 560 Ti, the other is a PNY 560 Ti which clocks in a bit faster - not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Any help/tips would be appreciated - such as where should I even start to look?

I did a performance test in CoH, all settings maxed, 1680x1050 and that appears to be working as it should:
    Avg - 110
    Max - 225.5
    Min - 56.7

But for DoW2R (also ultra settings):
    Avg - 40.6
    Max - 83.49
    Min - 21.98

Any ideas?
    Last edited by MegaHurtzMPG; 28th Feb 12 at 9:15 PM.
    D-uh, which button makes dis thing go?

Mods - please feel free to close this thread, I posted this in the official forums as well and Pulse stated that "DOW2:R was never specificially optimized for SLI." So, mystery solved.

3. Technical Help Senior Member  #3
    Thanks for getting back to us Mega, I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully this will help others in the future.

Thread Information