[WIP] BotB_Bastogne MP/SP MP = 4 Player, SP = 1 Humanplayer, 3=AI

[WIP] BotB_Bastogne MP/SP MP = 4 Player, SP = 1 Humanplayer, 3=AI

Hi Folks,

the Story of this Map is the Ardennen Offensive of the German Wehrmacht in 1944 Dec. 16th.

The Attack start with 90 Minutes Artyfire.

101st US Airborne hold Ground against 5th German Panzerarmee (Fieldmarshall Model) until 3rd US Armee (Gen. Patton) give Reinforcement.

The Layout is a free interpretation of Bastogne, the residents of Bastogne may excuse me that, but the seven urgent Roads of the Town are enclosed.

There are two Version of the Map:

1. Multiplayer

2. Singleplayer Mission

The Balance of the SP-Version is not yet ready, may be you give me some Feedback.

In the SP-Version you can choose to play as Allied Defender of Bastogne (US, CW) , or as Attacker (AX, PE) outside Bastogne.

The scripts detect what Faction you select .

As Player US/CW inside Bastogne, the Enemy attack you from 5 Spanwpositions and try to capture a VictoryPoint in Bastogne.

The simultaneous Attacks may differ from choosen Difficulty Level, also the Number of spawned Infantry and Vehicles, also the Number of Waves of the 3rd US Army.

The Defender works against a timer who start the German Attack, so be quicky to capture the ResourcePoints.

In the actual Version the Attacker of Bastogne has time to arrange his Assault. When you think it is time, capture the VictoryPoint (ViP) inside your Base, and the Arty fires at Bastogne for a couple of Minutes.
    EDIT: The Defender of Bastogne now has a Patrol. If the Patrol detect the Human Player, the Timer for 3rd US Army starts.

If you can capture the ViP in Bastogne you win, if not, the 3rd US Armee arrive and attack your base, but you are not beaten, may be you can hold your base and defend your Victory Point.

Some Pictures of BotB_Bastogne_SP:

, ,

, ,

Some Pictures of BotB-Bastogne_MP:

, ,

,, ,

Download Links for *.SGB Map-Version

Mediafire Download link:
    BotB_Bastogne_SP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6kw1074dt9zdqis

BotB_Bastogne_MP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t2b5ca1aphk7rrs

Your Feedback is very welcome to improve this Map.
    Last edited by ernesto-m; 24th Apr 12 at 3:16 PM.

Download link actualised for BotB_Bastogne_SP

Changes:
    -Rework for the Difficulty Levels
    -Spawned Units changed
    -timers balanced

Nice work again, mate. Looks good. I will definitively try this map.

Edit: The resource balance is not the best, only one fuel and one muni is too little (north 2x fuel, south 1 fuel and 1 mun). The center could also need some.

The map itself is good and it makes fun to play on it.

I can't play the scripted version with my own mod, because I have additional factions and/or modified/removed squads. I'm not a BotB player.
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 15th Mar 12 at 7:07 PM.

Hi Jagdpanther,

the Idea with the Resources was, that you will find them on Places they make sense ( Refinary, Munition-Factory) . So it is urgent to capture and hold this points, but it is only an Idea, can change this, if needful.

The scripted Map "BotB_Bastogne_SP" is not designed under BotB Mod. BotB it is only a short cut in the Map Name. The Map is a normal CoH Map and has only the Standard CoH - Units in use.

The scripted Map "BotB_Bastogne_SP" is not designed under BotB Mod.
    May be, but the unit table you define at start, does (partially) not exist in my mod and the units of my additional races are not existing in your tables. So it will crash in every way. You know, I'm an old man and an old man will never learn to work with unknown stuff (other mods or vanilla CoH).

The resource thingy was a problem for my enemies at the beginning and in result I was foolish. Then he overruns my lightarms with a short rush and I didn't had enough resources. :/

It was a really hard fight to capture again the resource points.

Some little more of them near the base on both sides, one high fuel and one high muni in the city for heavy fights and the map will be perfect. Both camps you can leave as they are, they are ok.

Generally I like the design, it's my preferred one.

Btw. One question I have, why do you set the map entry points in every of your maps in front of the hq. Does this have a deeper sense?

Hi Jagdpanther,

"Btw. One question I have, why do you set the map entry points in every of your maps in front of the hq. Does this have a deeper sense? "

Absolutly without sense, i swear !!!

May be it is more realistic to set the Map Entry Points near the Border of the playable Area near a Street who runs out in the OFF ? OK,... ;o))

Thats a shame, that you can not play the script version!! What a waste!

Ok, i will redesign the ResourcePoints, may be other Players have also Problem with.

Spring greetings

SBP.AXIS.AUFKLAERER
    SBP.ELITE.STORMPIONEERS
    This are only two unit I never see before, but those I noticed immediately. Sure I could play also with the script, but then I have to check every bit before.

OK, I had a look at your code, but I can't see for what reason those tables exist. They are not in use! But you use now the delay timer.

If I simply disable those tables, I should be able to play the map with your code. Must see.

Spring greetings - dito.

You can delete this tables, they are not in use, thats correct. I collect all this, unit, vehicles and Upgrade tables, for furter maps as a stock.

In use are only the attack tables, when i rember me :o)

Hope you can fix this for your mod to play with the scripted map.

EDIT:
    New Downloadlink for BotB_Bastogne_MP, see first Post of this thread.

Changes:
    -ResourcePoints, new Mix.
    Last edited by ernesto-m; 16th Mar 12 at 11:45 AM.

Yup, it was easy, four brackets and ready for go.

Ehm this map script works in vpticke mode only. Isn't it?

http://botb.fiffa.net Halftrack's Avatar
    like the layout. but honestly, the design of the map is much too simple, it doesnt look very professional, tbh.
    But this is what makes people wanting to play a map, especially if you put in the effort to script SP missions.
    you need to use more splats and some differnt tiles to make it look more appealing.
    have a look at henry 666s "fire and ice" f.e. , it is a really nice reference how to design winter maps for vCoH.

@Jagdpanther, sry what is "vpticke mode" ?

@Halftrak, thanks for the hint, to "fire and ice", will have a look at this map.

The map is not ready yet. A Problem is, if too much Townhouses on the Map, Game crashes. :-(

Can you please please use mediafire or some other website for hosting? For some reason this site never works for me

@ ChickenNuggets, Mediafire Download link added.

@Jagdpanther, sry what is "vpticke mode" ?
    Oops a typo, meant "vpticker mode" or the victory points mode of the game. I'm playing only the skirmish mode.

Thanks a ton, Ernesto!

Map-Update : BotB_Bastogne_SP, new Download Link in the first Post of this Thread.

Changes:
    -ResourcePoints
    -2nd Enemy is aktive, 1st Allied support Human Player
    -3rd US Army arrive in Waves, regulated from selected Difficultiy Level
    -Attackers , also regulated from selected Difficulty Level

Waiting for your Feedback.

Well having just found the map finally with EAW mod (had it in wrong folder) I played a game
    WoW!

Love the layout, the placement of Axis is hard to build in, not alot of room. The ally Axis doesnt seemed to work, three starts and no hellp from him. Doesnt build or create units.
    I cheated outrageously with the Cheat Mod, to make any headway at all because I had no Munitions and manpower was so small and restricting that I could not make anything at all. 15 minute time frame is I would say impossible to obtain. I could be wrong. And then to add salt to my wounds, the US 3rd Army shows up with massive waves of "Pershings"?? WTH! Shermans would have been damn near impossible to combat, BUT Pershings, dear lord, threw in the towel right there.
    Still a lot of fun in a frustrating and challenging way. In fact I would lay money that the real germans never had the battle or fight that I had, It was really one sided. This is just my observations, not criticism but pointing out the way game play went against me so fast and decisively.
    I really like the map and the idea behind it, just needs more tlc before its done

Keep up the work its great. Try one of yours others
    Well....! it was grape juice!!

Hello XAMOT,

many thanks for your welcome feedback.

With this Map i have tried to give back the situation of the Germans and the US-Forces.

-The Germans, weak at Resources and Material,..motivation is, win or go down.
    -US-Forces are surrounded, weak at Ressources and Reinforcement,...motivation is, stay alive.

The Balance of the SP-Game is not ready yet, sry. Here a little hint, as a result of my tests:

If you play German forces take Axis and as Allied PE. ( PE build a Defense line on the Hill near the HQ´s)

Take all the Resource Points, but don´t attack the Patrol of the defending US-Forces.

If you ready to attack, -take the VictoryPoint in your HQ Area-, or the PE Units struggle with the US-Patrol, now the Timer start to run.

Build a stronge defense round your Base ( min. 3 x 88 Flak, 3xBunker, 3xSniper, 3xMortar)

In Difficulty Mode "Normal" , the 3rd US Army has 3 Waves, and the Defenders have 3 times Reinforcement if a Defense Line is taken by German Forces.

Your 88 Flak crushes all US-Tanks,...realy no problem. Build some "Nebelwerfer" to break through the US-Defense Lines.

A good Idea is to walk with your Troups to the western Area of the Map, the US-Defense is weak at this Place.

Finaly take the Victory Point near the Church in Bastogne.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Defender of Bastogne it is real hard to hold Ground until 3rd US Army Arrive!
    Select UK as Allied, this may be not historical correct, but helpful, because the scripts for US-Allies are not ready yet ;o))

Be quick to capture all Resource Points. Take all AT Guns (3) near the Church and the 2 AT Guns near the Rail-Station.
    Return to Church and build a strong Defense,..than hold Ground! ;o))
    Finaly send some Troups to the German Base und capture the VictoryPoint, if the 3rd Us Army hasn´t killed the German Forces.

Have you also tested the MP-Verson of this Map?

Hope i could blow your frustration away?

New Download Link in the first Post of this Thread.

Changes:

-ResourcePoints rearanged
    -Possible build space near Attacker HQ enlarged.

As Attacker outside Bastogen:
    Player is faction Axis, Ally is PanzerElite.
    AI is disbaled, Ally build scripted Defense, after all Waves of 3rd US Army has arrived, the AI is enabled for all Factions.

Player is Faction Axis, Ally is Axis.
    AI is enabled for Ally, after all Waves of 3rd US Army has arrived, the AI is enabled for all Factions.

Problem:
    Game hangs, if more Details placed, may be there are to much Houses?
    Therefore, Houses reduced.

For your test feedback i would be much obliged.

Have fun.

New Download Link in the first Post of this Thread.

Changes:

-Scripts reworked for Ally AI

Result of Test games:

-As Defender, select annihilate, fixed Positions

-A strong combination as Defender of Bastogne:
    Human Player = US Army, Ally AI = CW
    AI build a massiv Defense of Anittank Nests and Bofors
    Human Player gets Airborne Reinforcements.

-A good combination as Defender of Bastogne:
    Human Player = US Army, Ally AI = US Army
    AI build a good Defense of MG Nests, the Patrol is stronger as the CW Patrol.
    Human Player gets Airborne Reinforcements.

-As Attacker, change Place to Axis, select annihilate, fixed Positions

-A strong combination as Attacker of Bastogne:
    Human Player = Axis, Ally AI = PE
    AI build a massiv Defense of 88 Flak and 38 Flak

-A weak combination as Attacker of Bastogne:
    Human Player = Axis, AI is Axis
    AI build a weak Defense of Bunkers

All scripts now have diffrent parameters in addiction to the selected Difficulty Level.
    Now Easy Mode ist realy easy
    Normal Mode, you can make it with a good strategy.
    Hard Mode,...realy hard!
    Expert Mode,..unbeliveable!

May be you give me your feedback to give the Map a good balanced Gameplay.
    It takes a lot of time for me to script this Map, so it is very urgent for me to get your impessions.
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Have fun.
    Last edited by ernesto-m; 24th Apr 12 at 3:17 PM.

how to play the SP? is this compatible with CoH: OF 2.103?

Hi Bugdown,

the Map was build under CoH 2.602. To play the Map you must start CoH in -dev Mode. ( ..\CompanyOfHeros\RelicCOH.exe -dev)

Thread Information