Voting is now open!
Now if anyone remembers, a few years back I held several short story competitions on this very forum to help showcase the work of our writers here and to give those of us that needed it a little bolt of inspiration. Now the fact is that I've noticed the 40k forums here slowly declining. It's sad but it is a fact. There was a time when DoW was just released, this section was created and then quickly turned into a shambles of hate and spam. Few of us remain from those dark days, in fact, I arrived at the tail end around the release of Winter Assault. But I still see life here.
So, without further adieu, I bring you our fifth short story competition!
Things will be simpler, things will be more basic and rules will be less lax. This is because I want everyone to get involved, even if you don't commonly write anything!
So: What's this about?
- Everyone writes a short story.
- Type it up and format it in a way that wont mess up the forum.
- Once written, e-mail the short story to me with a title.
- I will then compile them after an allotted time into a single post with a poll and the rest of the forum will vote on you're short story.
You're story must:
- Be between 1,000 and 10,000 words. People need to actually be able to read them so nothing too long or people won't vote!
- You're shorts must be you're own work.
- Can be on any topic in the WH40k universe.
That is all! E-mail you're entries to (edit: PM me for my e-mail) and have all entries in by the 20th of April. I may extend this if there are several requests for it. It is also recommended that you write a new story for this rather than just sending out one you wrote ages ago, we're trying to stimulate creativity here.
That is all, enjoy yourself, and I hope to read your fanfics.