Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Company of the Dead: WWII Zombie Mod for OF/TOV 2.500 (Updates 19/10/2014)

Art Company of the Dead: WWII Zombie Mod for OF/TOV 2.500 (Updates 19/10/2014)

Mod Team
    Mod Leader, Coding, Art, Skins: Myself (Neilmarines)
    M12 Trench gun: burtondrummerNY

The Story
    It's 1946 WWII never officially ended due to an outbreak of the Undead caused by a failed Nazi "Ubersoldier" Project in 1945 in a secret underground facility somewhere in germany, when German scientists successfully reanimated dead corpses to create super soldiers so that the Third Reich would be unstopable and would turn the tide of the war, but the test subjects were unresponsive to there masters call, killing and in most cases eating there victims, all personal were ordered to evacuated and hitler ordered the facility be destroyed, but a test subject survived and managed to escape, 1 year has now passed since the outbreak and most of Nazi Germany is swarming with the Undead, Now Germany finds itself fighting on three fronts so in an attempt to save lives the remaining german troops surrender to the allies to help fight the Undead in the west, leaving the Soviet Union to fight the Undead alone on the Eastern front.

Mod Features:
    There will be 4 factions in the game, although i have added some panzer elite vehicles to the wehrmacht.
    New Playable Undead Faction
    New Zombie Units
    New Zombie Skins
    New Unit Icons
    New Infantry Allied Infantry
    New Allied Vehicles
    New 999 pop cap for the Undead
    Modified Allied Doctrines
    Modified commonwealth Doctrines
    Modified Wehrmacht Doctrines
    No Undead Doctrines
    Removed All tanks
    Removed AT guns
    Removed Artillery
    Removed Mortar Infantry.

Buildable Perimeter fences for allied factions using enviroment objects - Replaces barbed/razor wire, but builds like razer wire.
    Buildable Barricades for allied factions using enviroment objects - Replaces sanbags, but builds like a single building.
    New Elite/Hero units for each faction
    New Direct Fire Ability for all infantry weapons and most vehicles weapons:
    ~SMG's
    ~LMG's
    ~Sniper Rifles
    ~Flamethrowers
    ~Hand guns
    ~Rifles
    ~Carbines

Allied Factions:
    U.S. Army
    British Army
    German Wehrmacht

Enemy Faction:
    Undead

New Wehrmacht Buildings
    Perimeter Fence - Used to hold back the Undead until its breached.
    Health: 1200 HP
    Cost: 30 Manpower
    Time to build: 30 seconds

Rubble Barricades - Used to hold back the Undead until its breached.

Health: 600 HP
    Cost: 20 Manpower
    Time to build: 20 seconds

New Allied Buildings
    Perimeter Fence

Rubble Barricades

New Commowealth Buildings
    Perimeter Fence

Rubble Barricades

U.S. Infantry
    Engineer
    Rifleman
    .30 Cal MG Squad
    Sniper

New U.S. Elite/Hero Unit
    Ranger or Airbourne Armed with M12 Trench Guns ?

U.S. Vehicles
    CJ2 Willy's Jeep
    Dodge CCKW Transport Truck
    M3 Halfrack
    M8 Greyhound

British Infantry
    Sapper
    Rifleman

New British Infantry
    Vickers .303 Machine Gun Squad

Cost: 240 Manpower
    Squad size: 3

Boys AT Rifle Squad

Cost: 300 Manpower

-- Not sure if i will keep this unit in the game as AT guns arent very accurate against the undead, i will probably replace with commando sniper.

New British Infantry
    Commando Sniper

Squad size: 1
    New British Elite/Hero Unit
    Incinerator Squads - Armed with US M2 Flamethrowers

British Vehicles
    Universal Bren Carrier

New British Vehicles
    CW Commando Willy's Jeep

New Wehrmacht Infantry
    Flammenwerfer 42 Troopers

New Wehrmacht Elite/Hero Unit

Decimator Troopers - Heavy unit armed with upgraded rapid fire MG42/45 LMG's
    Cost: 210 Manpower
    Squad size: 2

Wehrmacht Vehicles

BMW 75 Motorbike
    Schwimmwagen 166
    Opel Blitz Transport Truck
    Sdkfz 251 Halfrack
    Sdkfz 234 "Puma" 20mm

New Wehrmacht Vehicles
    PE Sdfkz 221 MG Amoured Car
    PE Sdfkz 222 20mm Amoured Car ?
    PE Sdfkz 250 Light Halftrack ?

PE Kettenkrad ?

Undead Building
    Undead Headquarters - Uses dark institution building

Undead Units
    Walker Zombies - Slow moving with average attack

Cost: ? Manpower
    Health: 40
    Attack: 25
    Squad size: 9

Runner Zombies - Fast moving with low attack

Health: 55
    Attack: 20
    Squad size: 5

Hunter Zombie - Fast moving high attack

Health: 100
    Attack: 35
    Squad size: 1

Walker Zombie Skins

Volksgrenadier Zombie Skin A:

Volksgrenadier Zombie Skin B:

Volksgrenadier Driver Zombie Skin:

Wehrmacht Zombie Skin A:

Wehrmacht Zombie Skin B

Allied Rifleman Zombie Skin A:

Allied Rifleman Zombie Skin B:

Undead Commonwealth Rifleman ?
    Undead Axis Pioneer ?

Runner Zombie Skins

Stormtrooper Zombie Skin A:

Stormtrooper Zombie Skin B:

Pe Paratrooper Zombie Skin A:

Pe Paratrooper Zombie Skin B:

Undead Commonwealth Commando ?
    Undead US Paratrooper ?

Hunter Zombie Skins

Hunter Zombie Skin A:

Hunter Zombie Skin B:

Knights Cross Unit ?
    Maximillian Voss ?

Ive decided to make several different body skins for each zombie type for some added variety in the game, squads will spawn several types of zombie.

New Undead Portraits ?
    - Uses blank at the moment will probably make some new ones.

New Undead Symbols:
    Walkers
    Runners
    Hunter

- More Images Coming Very Soon....

Old Battle Screenshots:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img850/5601/geur.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img15/2421/uu5z.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img585/5665/76en.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img849/400/4e3i.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img543/6964/z8cu.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img24/6659/6enl.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img197/6417/z2dx.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img138/3715/ql7o.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img12/4237/k1gx.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img809/3278/4chn.jpg

Mod is now patched to version 2.501 because i cannot connect online to get updates for it ?!.

I will be adding some new images and battle screenshoots very soon.......

Please leave feedback with your thoughts and ideas.

- Neilmarines
    Last edited by neilmarines; 19th Oct 14 at 1:35 PM. Reason: New Pics

Stick with it!
    Zombie mod needs team members!
    If you are a 3d modeler, mapper, coder, or anyone else who thinks they can help, PM me or BurtonDrummerNY

Maps I am currently working on:
    1. Bakersfield (2)
    2. Interstate 59 (6)

Withernwick you know that place you've never heard of
    if British, american and German are on the same side then consider having a doctrine for each army or just have a mix in one faction but doctrines are more for one army or something like that
    I lost the game guys

Quote Originally Posted by Squab66 View Post
    if British, american and German are on the same side then consider having a doctrine for each army or just have a mix in one faction but doctrines are more for one army or something like that
    I will most likely use the original doctrines for each faction as i don`t know much about how to edit the doctrines, hopefully there will the original 4 factions playable against the Undead, but will remove the tanks and certain units from each faction to make it harder, plus all units and buildings will cost alot more to build.

-neilmarines

----------

Thanks !

----------

Thanks burtondrummerNY.

I got the idea for this mod after playing your zombiehalloween mod, which was great and cant wait for the zombie mod to come out, but thought it would be even better if you could to fight the zombies as the normal 4 armies unstead, i tested the concept by editing the mod and putting the commomwealth and panzer elite, aswell as the allies back in the game to fight the undead, i have managed to re-skin the volkgrenadiers as zombie grenadier, but dont know how to edit the 3d models, how did you create a melle attack for the zombies, i woun'nt know were to begin with the 3D modelling, so could it use the zombies that you made in my mod if i credit you when its released.

- Neilmarines
    Last edited by neilmarines; 8th Apr 12 at 3:50 PM.

Good luck with this, reminds me of the Nacht_Der_Untoten Mod that somebody threw together, great job on the skins as well.

Also, the thought of German and Allied Troops fighting alongside eachother sounds pretty awesome, Im quite a fan of the whole 'enemy mine' situations that may spring up.

What are your plans for the 3 types of zombie?

Walkers: Slow, tough.
    Runners: Fast, weak.
    Hunters: Can stealth, low health but highly damaging attack?

Once again, good luck, Ill be looking forward to it alongside the other fantastic zombie mod coming out.

Thanks Niftyeye

It early days yet but Hopefully there will be 3 types of Zombies
    Walkers: Which have very high health be are slow moving and lower attack .
    Runners: Which have Lower health but move fast but have average attack.
    Hunters: Which have Average Health but high attack.

i was thinking about putting other types of zombies in the game, such as poison and suicide but would require alot of work with 3D modelling and FX which i know little about, i can do most of the coding and skins and icons but thats about it.

The reason i decided to make this mod is because there arent any WWII Zombie rts mods out there other than the Nazi Zombies by burtondrummerNY, and the Nacht_Der_Untoten Mod you mentioned which i never even knew out, the other two mods are modern such as the Zombie Mod also by burtondrummerNY and a Resident Evil Mod been made by someone i think.

Ill be uploading some more info and screenshots soon.

- Neilmarines

I like the zombie volks. Look very similiar to the ones in Cod Waw.

Well, the Nacht_Der_Untoten mod came out years ago, it was basically a slightly modified USA faction against a heavily modified Wehrmacht.

There was a few issues, such as zombies having access to MG teams, and 'volk' zombies and 'stormtrooper' zombies having access to their special abilities.

Was still good fun though, me and a friend used to play it constantly.

If it helps, heres a link... unsurprisingly I was the most persistent poster :P

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...ck-appreciated.

This is interesting. It would be good to see flamethrower troopers for the Allies, as fire seems to be very effective against zombies. And probably some gas mask for the other allied troops. Good luck!

This looks really good! Lets see how this develop. Good luck!

Thanks Gaius22
    Mod progress is going well at the moment, i will keep it updated,

----------

Thanks COHmodderSolo liking the flamethrower idea for the the allies.
    The wehrmacht pioneer flammenwerfer 42 seems to work well against the Zombies, plus the Sdkfz 251 halftrack flamer upgrade is also very effective, but as for the Allies, well i don't really know much about the 3D modeling side of modding so it wont really be easy, but ill give it a go and try and add some special "incinerator" squads to the Allies and Common Wealth hopefully i wont need to edit any models files, although i think there is already flamethrower sapper squad for the Common Wealth in the game files but it for some reason it was never used, it may just need a bit of coding to put it into the game. But Gas Masks ?, i dont know..... it would require editing the 3D mesh of each unit, which wont be easy with my current skills.
    Last edited by neilmarines; 8th Apr 12 at 3:45 PM.

Good job

How are the doctrines coming along? Are the zombies as a faction a good challenge now?

Hi Niftyeye.
    Progress is going well at the moment thanks, i havent done much with the 3 allied factions yet i've mainly being working on the the Undead faction which has replaced the Panzer Elite faction in the game, the undead will spawn general walker zombies in squads of 9 zombies, with a mixture of units types in a squad, volksgrenadiers, wehrmacht, and allied rifleman, and Runner Zombies in squads of 5 stormtroopers, but i havent finished the hunter zombie unit yet im still not sure what unit to make it from i was thinking the axis officer and make him look like the zombie officer in the film dead snow, or if not perhaps use the knights cross unit.
    As for the doctrines, well unfortunatly they remain unchanged at the moment, until i can remove the panzer elite doctrines, as the undead can us the original panzer elite doctrines, i will try and fix the doctrines for the undead and will probably make some custom doctrines for all the races at some point, or at lest edit the current ones removing any amour related parts.

The zombies are quite a challenge on normal difficulty setting as the AI will squad 100's of Zombies, i was play testing the mod the other day on a 2vs2 map with me playing as the wehrmacht vs 2 undead on hard and in total i killed nearly 1200 zombies, it took hours they just kept coming i had mg 42 bunkers, snipers, flak 88s, grenadiers, motorbikes, mg crews, officers, halftracks, puma's, holding the front line, it was insane, i think i may have set the AI to build too many squads but its certainly fun, the zombies have much more heath than the original units for example volks zombies have 80 health rather than 60 and wehrmacht zombies have 100 rather than 80, i will work on 20 more than standard units, and zombies can't pickup weapons or man emplacements, they just capture territory and attack you.

more updates soon....

- Neilmarines
    Last edited by neilmarines; 11th Apr 12 at 10:55 AM.

Try retexturing the eyes to either white or red, will look better

Sounds fantastic already

Do you have any screenshots of that battle?

Oh and as for Zombies spawning too many, I think thats a good thing, they need to be overwhelmingly hard, to force real cooperation on the allied side.

Very good work, though some of them remind me of my mother in law

"Very good work, though some of them remind me of my mother in law "

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good work there mate. I was thinking, maybe you could make 3 doctrines for the zombies: one for american, one for british and one for wehr/pe zombies.
    Just an idea

Keep up the good work!

I was thinking, maybe you could make 3 doctrines for the zombies: one for american, one for british and one for wehr/pe zombies.
    Just an idea
    Good idea, will keep from making 3 different armys.

Very nice.

How is supression going to work? I know it may look a little strange for zombies to get on their belt buckles and start crawling around.

Could supression work similar to how the 'Slow' ability does? Instead of the zombies being pinned or surpressed they simply slow right down, could be explained by saying that the sheer amount of bullets firing from an MG42 are slowing them down.

Not sure if this is possible or if that even makes sense to you but was just a thought I had earlier.

Well the good news is suppression isn't a problem as the zombies don't get suppressed when shot, they will just keep coming at you until you kill them, and as for the zombies slowing down when they get shot idea, well that probably could be done somehow, i`ll have a mess with the suppression_ext to see if its possible.

I will be uploading some ingame battle screenshots soon, to show how the game plays, its actually much harder than i thought it would be now i have tweaked with the squad AI, although the zombies seem to smart as they will avoid heavly fortified areas if possible, and won't destroy your sandbags or barbed wire etc, they just walk around until they find away in your base, i will have to fix this as want the zombies to break through defences not try to avoid them. But of course they can destroy vehicles and buildings once there in your base.

Updates coming soon......

-Neilmarines

I like the fact that you give us regular updates.

I'm eager to see those battle screenshots!

If I may give a suggestion, if you will be giving regular updates, wouldnt be easier to ALSO update the 1st post, so that every time someone comes here knows whats the status of the mod right away. Imagine when this thread as more pages, people have to search each page to know things about the mod.

Well I dont know, just a thought...

Good idea, its alright at the moment because theres only 1 page, but when its starts to reach 3 or 4 things will become hectic and difficult.

Just keep adding new sections to the first (dating them may help as well) post, and then simply make a new post saying 'New update, check first post'

Up to you of course, but Gaius is spot on.

I meant to date the first page the same so people would know theres an update, i`ll reorganize the threads.
    - Neilmarines

I think it's time for nazi scientists to make an appearance. :P
    "If everyone smoked a blunt, relieve the mind, the world could be a better place."

I think it's time for nazi scientists to make an appearance. :P
    Nice idea, although i was`nt really thinking about having nazi scientists zombies as undead units, as i dont want the zombies to be to much like the ones in Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies, but i think i`ll try and make a zombie scientist skin anyway.

-Neilmarines.

New icons & updates check first page (21/04/)

nice work!

Good one, Im liking the pace this mod is moving

New Updates (04/03/2013).

New Updates (06/04/2013).
    Last edited by neilmarines; 6th Mar 13 at 12:27 PM.

Completely forgot about this was, was a nice surprise to see it get updated.

How is the gameplay and balance?

will the ai defend against the zombies too? also why not add hd infantry textures and hd ground too?

@Niftyeye

The game seems balanced at the moment, i have been messing around with what health hit points to give the zombies, as i wanted them to behave like the undead would, not die after one shot. but i had set the health to high as it took ages at one point to kill the zombies squads, the ai and zombie targeting have also been tweaked so that there piority is to attack you rather the capture points or hold sectors, plus they will now attack sandbags, barbed wire and barricades the you build.

- Neilmarines

@semperfi

yes the ai will shoot the zombies and hold that sector its normal coh ai, but it could be tweaked abit i suppose.
    but as for the textures, i dont how you would add HD textures to the game, my zombies skins are just edited standard coh textures.

- Neilmarines

I love the mod it lookis epic What would be cool is if you added the survivor group from the show ( The Walking Dead) It would be awesome to have Rick and Carl on the game ,but thats a wish of course

If your making your own mod you can use pfushcer's textures for the ground.. you just install them to your data folder.
    Last edited by SemperFi; 10th Mar 13 at 6:38 AM.

Sounds good, have you thought about using the ATC (Automatic Territory Capture) mod?

Would probably look better instead of sitting a horde of zombies camping a flag to capture.

Yes i have considered it, but i thought of having a complete new system were you can only capture a sector by killing all the zombies in that area, and the sector would change colour by the percentage of zombies left in it, for example:

0% Zombies - Blue
    0-25% Zombies - Green
    25-50% Zombies - Yellow
    50-75% Zombies - Orange
    75-100% Zombies - Red

but i dont think its even possible to code .

-Neilmarines

Updates for Company of the Dead

New Updates: 17/10/2013.

Mod is nearly complete apart from the art side of it, but some ai coding still needs to be fixed, as the Zombies can still smash down buildings.

Coding: 95%
    Skins: 90%
    Icons: 90%

Will proberly be released by christmas.
    Last edited by neilmarines; 17th Oct 13 at 9:12 AM. Reason: Updates

Will definitely get this for myself and a mate of mine, looking forward to a battle of yonkers style skirmish match against the undead hordes

Is there another update for this? Or a link to a download? This is something I've been following for some time now, just now got round to registering an account

Well he said he is almost there on the mod, maybe got bogged down with work Christmas?

Perhaps, I do hope he will be able to release a playable beta/full release soon, I have been following the "zombiemod" on moddb.com as well, and that interests me as it is modern, but this is WW2 which is basically a nazi zombies with the army haha

I'd love to help the guy but I know nothing about coding or modelling or mapping or any of that stuff which is a shame really.

I do however have contact with the head of the Tazer PC Gaming Community so I would gladly write a review to go onto the website

Do not worry people Mod is nearly finished, i just have to finish the art work for icons and some new skins, as unfortunatly i deleted some of the art accidently whilst working on my other zombie wave mod, some i will have to make most if it agian.

Although im still not really happy with the zombie ai as i want them to act more like zombie instead of soldiers but i dont know much about ai settings, so i wont be changes any coding.

The Mod will be on moddatabase very soon, this will be my first public release mod.

Coding: 100%
    Skins: 95 %
    Art: 95 %
    Last edited by neilmarines; 24th Jan 14 at 12:37 PM. Reason: New Updates

Perhaps, I do hope he will be able to release a playable beta/full release soon, I have been following the "zombiemod" on moddb.com as well, and that interests me as it is modern, but this is WW2 which is basically a nazi zombies with the army haha

I'd love to help the guy but I know nothing about coding or modelling or mapping or any of that stuff which is a shame really.

I do however have contact with the head of the Tazer PC Gaming Community so I would gladly write a review to go onto the website
    Yes it is basically a nazi zombies mod with army's, although content is all new ive not copied anything from the nazi zombies, other than the zombie attack ability.

I could release the mod now as the coding is done, it just need to complete the new icons, and hunter skin, i stop working on this whilst working on my other ops zombie wave mod which im having some problems getting it to work properly as it only plays of ops game, so that mod wont be complete for some time yet.
    Last edited by neilmarines; 24th Jan 14 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Updates

Great news, and release it at your own pace don't let us rush you :P

I don't know a lot about coding but is it possible to make zombies lose health from attacking barbed wire? I mean it is barbed wire lol
    or is it simply an obstruction that they cannot walk through?

I doubt a zombie would be effected by barbed wire, mainly because for most zombie flicks you need to destroy the head, its highly unlikely barbed wire would be able to achieve that, and zombies don't feel pain anyway, cutting their hands on barbed while will not faze them, lol

I suppose in the mod you could have them getting tangled up and slowed by the barbed wire, but I would imagine it being hard to implement.

yeah I guess you're right lol
    I know absolutely zero about coding and I really want to learn just got no idea where or how :/

and will this work with the latest update for CoH? seeing as it killed a few mods like EF

I don't have a clue about coding or modding in general either mate so don't worry :P

Pretty sure it will work for the latest version as well, especially as the mod hasn't been released yet so it will be modified for that particular version of COH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information