[Kinda late impressions] Batman: Arkham City

[Kinda late impressions] Batman: Arkham City

I remember we had a thread about this game that started when it was first announced, but to my surprise, nobody ever started one to share impressions after it actually got released. I guess everyone is playing Mass Effect 3 and not this? It was a hard choice for me, but I decided for Batman first.

I've just almost finished the main plot (only the last Catwoman mission remaining), and then going to go for all the (many many many) Riddler riddles. I wonder how many I'm going to have to look up on the web.

As was expected from all the previews, the game gives us more of what we had in Arkham Asylum, only in a free roaming district of Gotham City, with non-linear side quests and quite a lot stuff to do. Oh, and Catwoman. I think her fighting animations and the distinct feel of owning the gangsters with sheer dexterity and precision (and a whip) is one the most beutiful experiences of martial arts I ever had in a game. Pure awesome.

The atmosphere, as in Arkham Asylum, is dark, dystopic, and very appealing to my taste and favorite "flavour" of Batman's world, that from the classic "The Man Who Laughs" and "The Killing Joke" comics. I especially loved the Mad Hatter's quest, and of course the exquisite perfomance of Mark Hamill as the Joker.* Also, I think the opening sequence is even better than that of Arkham Asylum, and that one was already highly praised.

The weakest parts are in my opinion the whole Ra's Al Ghûl plot pieces. I generally dislike mysticism in my Batman, prefering themes inspired by darker sides of psychology and psychiatry.

part I also disliked

best part of the plot

One more thing I'm really glad about is also the fact that the predator and combat parts are not so strictly divided, you often find groups of enemies, where only a few of them have firearms, and it's possible to simply beat them up, although it's safer to take the armed ones predator style. You also not always have gargoyles or other vantage points available when fighting armed foes, and when you do, they're no longer the magical invisibility mode they were in AA.

Unfortunately, there's also a part of the game that's very frustrating for me - It's called Advanced Augmented Reality Training, and you have to glide through 5 really inconviniently placed, consecutive points for each of the (4 or 5) parts. Really hard for me, although completely optional (you get a gadget upgrade for completing it). I guess it would be easier with a gamepad (I'm on PC with board+mouse).

That's it for now, now if any of you Commander Shephards played it, share your impressions!

*Sadly, Mark Hamill announced that this is his last performance as the Joker, ever.

end game, do not read if haven't finished!

Last edited by Malachi; 5th Apr 12 at 6:04 AM.

2. Child's Play Donor Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #2
    I guess it woukd be easier with a gamepad (I'm on PC with board+mouse).
    It is not, they are terrible for everyone because you have to fight Batman's animations to get him to do what is needed to get to the next ring. It's the shitty aspects of Superman 64 brought back from the grave.

Other than that though and the endgame consisting almost entirely of guys with sniper rifles and machine guns, taking the fun out of gliding through the city, I really enjoyed the game. Everything felt smoother than in Arkham Asylum (though for me Batman would occasionally fuck up and hit the wrong guy, ruining my combo), but I didn't enjoy the open world part as much as the more linear and tightly designed island in the first game.
    Last edited by Starblade; 5th Apr 12 at 6:19 AM.
    My Interceptor is better than your Interceptor.

3. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #3
    Moe~ money, moe~ problems Mokino's Avatar
    Yeah, I was surprised that the open world actually harmed the game somewhat. The side stuff really hurt the game's pacing.

It may hurt the pacing some, but it also gives you a distinct experience of being Batman, in Gotham city. The fact that you can just notice a guy being beaten up from above and then help him. I also liked Zsasz's quest somewhat which has a lot to do with the size of the game world.

5. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #5
    As Catwoman, I walked out first time.

*Sadly, Mark Hamill announced that this is his last performance as the Joker, ever.
    He said that about Arkham Asylum too... but then again if it's true that saddens me. Hands down my favourite Joker.

I didn't have any trouble with any of the flight/fighting segments at all, Combat was fluid, and targeting was far more reliable for me than in AA. Loved the story through and through. I didn't think there were particularly any weak points.

Okay, that has to be "Deus Ex Machina" abuse- a DEM is when a seemingly impossible plot point is resolved by a contrived new character or entity. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't count...

I'll post more later. Shouldn't keep procrastinating...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starblade
    BRB renaming thread The Dark Knight Rises Along With Our Penises

Yeah, I meant DEM in a broader, perhaps innacurate way that it's something you have no control of and it just turns the situation 180 degrees around.

My biggest gripe with AC, was the riddler henchmen, made combat so frustrating. You had to keep avoiding killing that one guy in an effort to get the locations. That and I likely suck at combat in either of the games, combos so hard to maintain button mashing ftw!

I did not personally find the world hard to navigate or detract from the plot, the pacing was a bit off, and I guess you could attribute that to the world but generally speaking it was coherent which I appreciate more. The augmented reality training and some of the riddler puzzles were ..... frustrating to say the least but I suspect that has more to do with the keyboard mouse interface over console.

Best part of the game for me were the strange audio recordings were one of my favourite parts of the game. They provided such an insight into the characters, I particularly loved the strange v riddler series and joker v strange. Them and the rogue's gallery snipits on the characters were great fun to hunt down and listen/read.

If you liked AA, AC is easily recommendable. The change from loading screens between zones to freeform was highly enjoyable and shows a proper evolution in technology.

Still have to beat the game on NG+ and get the last catwoman riddler trophy. The double combo move is annoying to achieve given how much I suck at holding combo values.

regarding mark's joker

Those who walk through the shadows, seek not the light.
    If you disagree with a moderational decision, follow this.

Well, interrogating Riddler henchmen is completely optional, all it does is auto-tag the question marks in the area, which you can find and tag yourself by looking at them and holding the detective mode button.

Mark Hamill

"All power demands sacrifice" - Sindri Myr

9. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War II Senior Member  #9
    Bias preface, I love this game. Really enjoyed myself with AA, but the combat never truly clicked. Didn't bother with the challenges due to this. Then came the sequel...
    Making the combat a bit more forgiving (namely being able to counter from greater range) was all it took. Went back to AA after it and completed everything this time, then finished NG+ on hard. Hooked.

To go on with it, NO Weavern, you're wrong wrong wrong. Riddler henchmen are an obvious improvement over the boring Riddler maps in AA, even if you take one out you can still get all locations due to the thugs respawning, and you also get a gadget that allows you to disable a single enemy for a good amount of time.
    Navigation challenges are quite tricky, but the ones necessary to unlock the (awesome!) grapnel boost are trivial, so you're not missing out. Animations or controls are never the issue though.

The combat is improved, with nice new combos and quickfire gadgets, and of course slightly easier mechanics as described above. Predator gameplay is improved, with the new gadgets offering more takedown variations, and enemy equipment and behaviour offering new challenges. With Mr. Freeze, Rocksteady also crafted an outstanding boss battle, a slight weak spot of the games usually. Since the fundamental gameplay is really enjoyable (already was in AA), that alone makes it a fantastic sequel in my opinion.
    Now the story, that's a more complicated case. As you mentioned already, the "freeroam" setting just doesn't allow a focused story like AA had. Not bad per se I think, but the sence of urgency conveyed by certain plot developments never really reaches the player.
    What actually annoyed me though is the last part of the game. The "deus ex machina" moment not so much, willing to accept that as comic book realism myself. However, the interesting premise of the game, the main antagonist knowing Batman's identity, is never actually used. Such a wasted opportunity. Then after all this build-up, the supposed highlight is incredibly anticlimactic.

Spoiler

Asylum was quite excellent in this regard. From the first minutes on you had the feeling that your opponent has engineered this whole situation to bring you down, every new situation being another planned trap you knowingly had to walk into. City seems to start with the same promise, but never comes close to delivering. None of the villains could convince me the way the Joker did in AA, not even the Joker.

The story is still decent though, and all things considered can't really drag the rest of the game down to a level below excellence. Maybe not an obvious conclusion after the text above, but the gameplay is just so well crafted. It's easy to learn without being trivial and having some room for improvement, it's rewarding, it looks spectacular. It's also something you have to experience yourself, my words won't do.
    One step closer to the end of the decadent Eldar race.
    [...] the reason we don’t like DRM solutions is because they punish the innocent and they have to jump through all these hoops. We don’t want to do that [...]

10. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #10
    My biggest gripe with AC, was the riddler henchmen, made combat so frustrating. You had to keep avoiding killing that one guy in an effort to get the locations. That and I likely suck at combat in either of the games, combos so hard to maintain button mashing ftw!
    Use Batarangs or Ultrastun or better still the freeze charge allows you to keep them out of the fight until you take everyone else out. Ultrastun gives you a good 20+ seconds to deal with other people iirc, and if the henchmen are lying on their backs/not in the default standing position good ol Bats can do interesting interrogation methods- instead of just grabbing his throat, he'll hang him over ledges, stand on his face with his foot, etc, whereas a freeze charge, followed up with a batarang if necessary after, allows you to knock him to the floor at the end, easy pickings. Also note that vaulting over a frozen guy breaks the freeze effect iirc.

Still have to beat the game on NG+ and get the last catwoman riddler trophy. The double combo move is annoying to achieve given how much I suck at holding combo values.
    Spamming vault (jumping over them) in most cases will allow you to keep a combo indefinitely. Batman has Beatdown now too which combined with ultrastun will rape any big boys (like Lieutenants), you probably should just aim for FreeFlow Focus at 12x and then vault indefinitely. I got over 100x combo in Penguin's arena on NG+, in particular the things to look out for are thrown objects as they can catch you even while vaulting. Batarangs are particularly useful for that.

Strange goes down without a fight, Ra's is disappointing as the "true" villain since you already defeated him previously, and he also goes down without a(nother interactive) fight. Then it falls to the Joker to sort things out again, and unlike AA it's just not convincing that he was pulling strings all along.

Spoiler

endgame stuff

Also, a thing about beatdown that's not obvious from tutorials - you can break beatdown to counter any foes taking a strike on you, then continue the beatdown. Some fights got much easier when I discovered it.

Also don't forget that you can slide through enemies to knock them down when you start the combat. It's a great opener. I'm usually very methodical in combat. First the weapons, then the armored enemies or shields, the grunts and finally the big guys.

Has anyone gotten the all moves achievement? I can't seem to get that one since bats has about 25 different moves he can pull off.

There's one bug in the game that really annoys me. The tutorial text for the blade dodge counter that pops up every single time an enemy with a bladed weapon shows up and takes up a huge part of the top of the screen. This made the joker boss battle very hard because I couldn't see those big guys coming or people throwing things because the bloody text was in the way.

13. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #13
    Has anyone gotten the all moves achievement? I can't seem to get that one since bats has about 25 different moves he can pull off.
    I have. Do note that there are two separate achievements- all 5 quickfire gadget freeflow and perfect 12 move freeflow. The Perfect Freeflow 2.0 is achieved by:

Strike
    Vault
    Counter
    Stun

Special (Combo) Takedown
    Special Batswarm
    Special Disarm
    Special Multitakedown

Aerial Attack
    Ultrastun
    Ground Pound
    Beat Down

Being methodical is the way forward. Batclaw strike is a good way to start off a fight, especially the Challenges, since if timed correctly you will never get hit while charging in, which is funny. Aerial attacks can be similarly timed and combos well with a quickfire explosive gel as it ensures that there will be a target to hit (explosive gel being triggered and missing screws up your combo).

It was already quite important in AA to be methodical if you wanted to get the freeflow. Now with 17 moves that counts towards combos it's even more important. Just before I stopped playing it though I was getting 11 or 12 freeflow in all engagements.

There's one bug in the game that really annoys me. The tutorial text for the blade dodge counter that pops up every single time an enemy with a bladed weapon shows up and takes up a huge part of the top of the screen.
    I had that popping up for my entire first playthrough because I just did not get it. Once you do it a couple of times though the game counts it as learned and stops popping up.

EDIT: Does everyone else find the predator sections far more difficult than the combat sections? Especially on the higher difficulties when guns become far more lethal.
    Last edited by Codex; 5th Apr 12 at 7:27 PM.

Yeah, I definitely died more in predator mode (on hard, without the armor upgrades). The smoke pellet is somewhat helpful there, but it isn't insta-invisibility, you need to be smart about where to run once you pop it.

15. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #15
    The smoke pellet's main disadvantage is the cooldown. Especially after a certain point in the game when all of Joker's thugs are armed you want it available every engagement... sadly not.

It would be too forgiving to be detected by armed thugs if it was available too often. I like it how it is now.

Played through AA, was blown away by just how good it was.
    When it came by to pick up AC, its just so much better, bigger areas, better combat but I agree when the point was brought up concerning how little depth the villians had.

Playing through NG+ on AC is pretty intense at times.
    You dont see the pre-emp marker so youve to keep an eye out to counter. Have to use your gadgets alot more and your shit gets slapped, hard.

Also when it comes to PC gaming, pro-tip.
    When a game is coming from a console, use a gamepad. always!!!!

Meh, I really don't like gamepads. If I owned a console, I'd probably buy a keyboard and a mouse for it and play with that, if possible. ;p

----------

The only exception being fighting games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat, I used to use gampads for these back when there actually were fighting games for PC.

19. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #19
    It would be too forgiving to be detected by armed thugs if it was available too often. I like it how it is now.
    Oh I agree, but for that reason alone I use it the least so I am least familiar with it.

Never had any problems on a keyboard and mouse setup. Everything handles perfectly, but then again I'm a PC player through and through.

20. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #20
    I love(d) this game. One of these days I'll have the time/work up the enthusiasm to restart from scratch, as my game is irrevocably bugged and thus won't let me progress (Line Launcher is broken/non-existent; can't get to Ra's' lair).
    I am an Iron Warrior! Iron Within, Iron Without!

An ancient starship, buried in the sands...
    It's a decent enough game, but the whole deal with needings Catwoman to really get the full story just feels like you've got gaping holes in the narrative, which itself seems to fall apart after the battle with Mr. Freeze. It also tries to jam too much content into a small location, even for Gotham it's hard to believe all these super villains were locked up in a sandbox prison and once again, so much stuff just dilutes the real content. Plus you have to back track through several large locations and they never really give you a true shortcut.

Asylum had a good number of the core villains that were doing stuff, in AC it tries to cover too much and the story suffers.

Gameplay is much better, in Asylum I always felt that Batman was never allowed to rise to his full combat ability because of tight corridors and very limited open air areas. In AC, you can just leap off a building and actually feel like Batman as you glide over the prison, etc. I did however like the code breaker gadget alot more in Asylum than I did in AC. Just felt more alive.
    Those Halcyon Days...

22. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #22
    I thought the whole point of Batman was that all his villains all existed in Gotham, and were often incarcerated on Arkham Island?

In Gotham City proper, Arkham City is only a handful of blocks.

Now, if this game had been based during the No Man's Land storyline, where Gotham gets reduced to rubble from a 9.something earthquake and becomes a gigantic version of Arkham City, it would have worked better. It's just going back to the idea that every unique building has a major villain from the Batman lore in it, and to me it just feels like it hurts the rest of the game.

Not that they should have removed all the extra villains, but I'm not the first person to say they put too many in.

You know, all these villains were in Arkham Asylum before. They just transferred them into a district. Perfectly believable for me.

You people are missing the point.

It's all the extra villains, the side missions I'm talking about, it just clutters up the game world and makes it feel smaller and more constricting than it should. The core group of villains are fine, it's the stuff like Deadshot, or Mad Hatter, etc etc that are all popping out of the woodwork whenever you jump two feet.

The game itself, as I said, is fine, but they just loaded it with too many bad guys.

EDIT: Also just realized that I forgot to mention how much better the voice acting is in Arkham City than in Asylum. The dialogue flows so much more smoothly 90% of the game, wherein Asylum I had to cringe as some deadpanned or overly forced lines broke the immersion. In Arkham City, there's no references that feels off, nothing that seems out of place.

I honestly dont know what you mean stingra about the other villians cluttering things up. Deadshot is barely worth note considering it just requires some detective mode scanning, the mad hatter only appears once and frankly zazz is the only one who is annoying. If you take the time to do riddler quests in AC I cant fathom how you find any of who you list to be more breaking of suspension.

The fact is if you read the character notes there should be another half dozen other villians in AC that you never run across such as black mask, etc. But we dont see them, in fact only really penguin (who has some backstory for why he's setup in the west end), two face and joker have territory. The concept of each villian gets their own building is a tad hard to swallow but it makes some sense that there would be some equilibrium between villians if they know they are trapped inside.

27. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #27
    Mmm, IMO you're way off, Stingra. The side villains you refer to (Zsaz, Deadshot, Hush, etc) only matter if you want them to. If you don't have a problem with the core group of villains (though frankly Ras Al Ghul's involvement got me cringing a little), which include motherfucking Clayface, then you shouldn't worry about the side villains. After all, the whole point of Arkham City is that it's an extended city block version of Arkham Asylum. If you can't buy that Batman's villains can't be contained in a city block then you can't buy that they can be contained in an asylum (though let's be honest, that pushes credibility even with Batman).
    Doltmarines, for the Emprah: the place to play Dawn of War: Soulstorm
    "The ecosystem! We destroy that and this is ovah! CHAAAARGE!" - Lomax
    Blood and Balls: the Relicnews Doltathon Blood Bowl Blog (awaiting renovation)
    "I'd probably lose my shit if I saw a mushroom with a mouth, eyes, and legs walking toward me in real life. That doesn't make me afraid to play Mario." - Starblade

28. Gamers Lounge Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War II Senior Member  #28
    Yeah, I see how using "fight" didn't really signify what I meant to say.

What I missed about Strange was a direct confrontation with him, which doesn't happen after the intro. A beatdown really wouldn't fit, you're right, but some psychological influence like Oracle suggests during the "Identity Theft" missions could've worked. As mentioned, I really liked that the evil plan about Arkham Asylum was directly aimed at Batman, yet Strange seems to neglect him for most of the game, even though he's supposedly obsessed with the Bat (the game even mentions him keeping and wearing a costume in his office). His master plan has no direct impact on Batman, if you can call it "his" at all, since it's pretty standard League of Assassin's mass murdering stuff.
    Guess you could argue that in his hubris he considers Batman defeated after the beginning of the game, this explanation doesn't make him a less anaemic antagonist though. Strange provides nothing but the general setting of the game, a missed opportunity and (considering his demise) quite a shame I think.

Revealing R'as as the man behind Strange doesn't have more impact because he's already been defeated at that point. He's not the towering real threat when we've left him humiliated in his lair mere hours ago, and he won't be able to convince Batman when he didn't give in even on the brink of death. Think that's also one reason you fight Clayface in the theatre, since "the Joker" has been defeated in combat previously.

Maybe it's partly about preferring AA's style of story over the new one, maybe it's expecting a more important story arc from Strange. As said it doesn't really drag down a great game, but when everything else is of such a high standard, the entitlement is as well

29. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #29
    What I missed about Strange was a direct confrontation with him, which doesn't happen after the intro. A beatdown really wouldn't fit, you're right, but some psychological influence like Oracle suggests during the "Identity Theft" missions could've worked. As mentioned, I really liked that the evil plan about Arkham Asylum was directly aimed at Batman, yet Strange seems to neglect him for most of the game, even though he's supposedly obsessed with the Bat (the game even mentions him keeping and wearing a costume in his office). His master plan has no direct impact on Batman, if you can call it "his" at all, since it's pretty standard League of Assassin's mass murdering stuff.
    Worth noting:
    "Strange is further aware of Batman's identity as Bruce Wayne, making Batman "vulnerable and exposed in a way that he has never been before", according to Hill." note 42 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_City#Design

Ah yes I see what you mean now. In AC the idea of introducing Strange, the one who knows Batman's identity, all for him to just be a red herring... for Ras? That is perhaps unsatisfying that it could come to nothing/ so little. However, if you choose, as Catwoman, to leave Batman, there's an alternate series of events that relies on Strange's knowledge of Batman's identity, and by extension Batman's allies. So it doesn't necessarily come to nothing, only that Strange doesn't get to exploit it. That said, they could've/should've done more with it, given that it seemed like such an important fact about Strange- that he had figured it out. (I also really liked the tapes where Strange and the Riddler are chatting about their mutual acquaintance :P)

In effect, the irony (which I'm sure hasn't eluded anyone) is that Strange thinks that Batman is defeated by incarcerating him in Arkham City. Quite the reverse- Strange has inadvertently administered the antidote to his medicine.

Revealing R'as as the man behind Strange doesn't have more impact because he's already been defeated at that point. He's not the towering real threat when we've left him humiliated in his lair mere hours ago, and he won't be able to convince Batman when he didn't give in even on the brink of death. Think that's also one reason you fight Clayface in the theatre, since "the Joker" has been defeated in combat previously.
    Or because, y'know, Joker's on the brink of death, it's wiser to use trickery and henchmen to defeat the Bats.

if you can call it "his" at all, since it's pretty standard League of Assassin's mass murdering stuff.
    I don't think it's his master plan at all. Strange was the image of the Protocol 10, nothing more. The mystery was who was the power behind Strange. And frankly, I don't mind that it's Ras- he was merely hiding in plain sight. However, what Strange did do was taunt you a lot. Not only did he provide background chatter to inmates with "Refusal will not be tolerated" etc... he taunts you directly "It will be a monument to your failure"- that's an excellent bit of imagery, plus- just checking, did you guys find the tape that Strange left for you? It's required for in memoriam.

For me, very apt and very conflicted moment emotionally.
    Last edited by Codex; 7th Apr 12 at 1:33 PM.

OK, Apparently I just found out about one major flaw of the game. It seems you can't restart the game in New Game + mode once you unlocked it. You have to complete a normal/hard game each time for each game slot every time you want to start a New Game +.

Really, really stupid. I can't fathom how this hasn't been patched yet.

Also, I finally completed AAR Training. The person who thought it was a good idea to implement such a thing should be thrown to the lions. Seriously, "Hey, here's a side-quest to convince you that the controls we made are really not that great, as you must struggle against them for around 30 times over and over again to just fly from one spot to another, completely irrelevantly to the rest of the game, isn't that great?"

I dont know how anyone could have possibly find this kind of thing enjoyable.
    Last edited by Malachi; 9th Apr 12 at 2:12 PM. Reason: "irrelevelantly", yeah...

31. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #31
    I didn't, so I only did the one required to get the grapnel launcher...

Also, loved the sidequests. Nice to see Hush get a place in a Batman game. Also, wondering what they're gonna call the third game (assuming there is one)- Arkham... Province?

Gotham City. Full city experience, I hope. And we're gonna get online co-op with Catwoman, and possibly Robin, with combined takedowns and teamplay mechanics. Moving across districts with the Batmobile and the Batwing. Yeah, that would be like the ultimate action game of all times.

33. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #33
    I dont know how anyone could have possibly find this kind of thing enjoyable.
    It was tough, and sometimes downright annoying, requiring a lot of precision. However, it did make me a lot better at the gliding part. Besides, I like a challenge, and it didn't seem unreasonable to me.

34. Child's Play Donor Dawn of War Senior Member  #34
    I didn't have a problem with the advanced gliding challenges on my first run and nailed them all on my first few tries. During my NG+ run I spent an hour on the one that requires you to glide under the building along the rail track and still didn't get it. I didn't finish my NG+ game.

35. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #35
    During my NG+ run I spent an hour on the one that requires you to glide under the building along the rail track and still didn't get it.
    Haha same here. It's easily the hardest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Codex
    It was tough, and sometimes downright annoying, requiring a lot of precision. However, it did make me a lot better at the gliding part. Besides, I like a challenge, and it didn't seem unreasonable to me.
    Thing is, beside riddler trophies (that are in the same boat as the AR training, artificially made in a way so they require it) nothing in the game requires you to glide excepsionally precise.

I tend to like the challenge as well, and I DID take my time to complete all of them, but afterwards, it was not satisfaction I felt, not a bit. just relief that it's over and massive rage at anyone who put such infuriating elements in an otherwise nearly perfect game. That means bad design, IMO.

37. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #37
    Well, at least the advanced AR training is completely optional and doesn't grant you anything other than xp. You're missing out on content if you don't get the riddler trophies, really. Besides, the riddler trophies was one of my favourite parts of AC. Beating up thugs and tagging informants was only half of it, and I think they struck a good balance there.

38. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #38
    I really liked the inclusion of Riddler thugs, actually. A new way to get Riddler information without having to track down the damned Riddler map for the area (like in Asylum).

39. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #39
    And also listening to them squeal is so much fun.

"Do you know how many bones you have left to break?"
    "Please! Don't hurt me! I'll tell you everything!"
    "Of course you will."

BOOM

I finally got the last of the physical challenges done last night. I've got 100% of the riddler trophies but still seem to have some locked challenges, are there additional unlocks in NG+?
    Strangers, you bring pain. You bring suffering. You bring so many dreams of dust and death.
    But, strangers, I am Icarium.
    And I bring far worse.

41. Dawn of War II Senior Member  #41
    No. Any descriptions?

Thread Information