Terrain Modifiers

Terrain Modifiers

1. Is there a speed modifier applied when soldiers and vehicles are going up a steep hill?
    2. What is the steepest hill a soldiers or vehicle can climb?
    3. Is there a way during game play, either through an action or scar code to modify there terrain? Such as adding a splat or changing the color of the ground.

I want to be able to randomly place some AA units on a map for my single player campaign. I don't want them to always be in the same place when the campaign starts. I thought to spawn them inside of the mission scar initialization. I don't want to just place them on any terrain without first building an emplacement. I can do this easily in world builder, but they're always in the same place. In the scar code I thought I might be able to place a splat (showing light dirt), build a sandbag wall using entity spawning, then drop in the AA squad.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know how apply_deformation_action will work inside an ability?

The following is an example of the action within the abilities action list.
    When I execute the ability, nothing happens to the terrain.

I'm trying to place the deformation (mainly I want the splat) prior to an AA squad being spawned in the same position.

GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_self_actions"]["action_02"] = Reference([[action\critical_action\apply_deformation_action.lua]])
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["deform_decal_file"] = [[ATPit_Deform]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_01"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_01"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_02"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_02"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_03"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_03"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_04"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_04"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_05"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_05"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_06"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_06"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_07"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_07"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_08"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_08"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_09"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_09"]["terrain_material"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["splat_list"]["entry_default"]["splat_texture"] = [[]]
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["deform_decal"]["vertical_scale"] = 0.003000000026
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["scale_x"] = 12.5
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["scale_y"] = 12.5
    GameData["ability_bag"]["action_list"]["start_target_actions"]["action_02"]["undoable"] = true

Do you Build the AA gun before the Squad gets Spawned?
    And if so Use the "apply_deformation_action" in "Construction_ext", "on_construction", "critial_actions"

No, it gets created inside scar code.

----------

No, it gets created inside scar code.

By adding in the deform action to the apply_action_ext in a modified AA gun ebps, I was able to get the deform to work when the AA gun is spawned from scar. I don't understand why it would not work from the ability call.

Thread Information