Swapping Lasgun SFX?

Swapping Lasgun SFX?

I was just curious/hoping that there was a way to change the lasgun sound to something different like a bolter, boltpistol or autogun.

Is this possible at all, and if so how?

Edit: I already have the laser swapped to autogun shots, just need to know what to do for the sound fx.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 13th Apr 12 at 7:59 PM.

Pretty easy to do. Extract the lasgun_common in the space marine data/art.. folder. Open it with developer edition model editor. Go to actions on the far right. click the entry 'weap_ranged_fire_sfx' below that you will see the 'sound_attach' section with the sounds that are played when the weapon is set to "fire". change the patch to whatever you want. if you want to change it to bolters for example, open up the bolter the same way in a 2nd window, find the sfx file, copy and paste it from the 2nd window into the entry in the first window.

Honestly, I'm not seeing lasgun_common I'm playing Retribution if it's any difference.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 14th Apr 12 at 3:40 AM.

Ah my bad, you are looking for lascannon_common, which you will need to extract using copes tool. go into data/art/race_marines/troops_wargear/weapons_ranged. Right click the lascannon common foler and extract it. When you go to open it up with the model editor it will be in that list

Thread Information