What happened to my lvl 41 character after reformatting?

Funkosapien

What happened to my lvl 41 character after reformatting?

When I reformat and Space Marine is the first game I reinstall because I enjoy playing it so much, seeing that my lvl 41 character with all his armor unlocks (except grudge kills)and his weapon unlocks are missing and instead I'm looking at a lvl 1 Ultra Marine. Then after playing a round (2 days later because it was the soonest I could look at the game again without putting my fist through the screen)I get my lvl and weapons back but the single player campaign progress (was finished) and weapon unlocks (had most of them)are missing. That needs to be fixed. It's absolutely BS you think someone wants to waste 200 hours on a game, reformat because the computer was broken, reinstall, and see that. And it's absolutely BS you think they want to waste 100 hours when he reformats every 6 months reearning all his weapon unlocks, if there will even be people online on vs in 6 months. I'm not sure how you'd fix that but one thing I'd recommend is for it to save locally as a backup and also include a part in the installer where the player clicks where the player wants the save games; If game companies did that it'd be so much simpler and easier to backup save games to prevent problems like that.

Seriously though, I don't want to waste 100+ hours everytime I format to get my weapon unlocks THAT I'VE ALREADY EARNT, but I still want to be able to play exterminatus with mates, how would this be fixable?
    Last edited by Funkosapien; 7th May 12 at 6:50 AM.

Funkosapien
    Isn't this the official tech support section? Where's the official tech support?

3. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #3
    the official space marine forum is here this is just a fan site.

Funkosapien
    Oh balls, thanks for that man, I'll try there.

5. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #5
    Read the sticky threads at the top of the forum. We put them there for a reason.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
    heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'
    Isaac Asimov

Funkosapien
    They normally basically say "Don't be a dick" so I usually ignore them.

7. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #7
    And then you come in ranting about how we should be treating our customers better...

Funkosapien
    It said relic, I assumed there was some form of association with the actual game company Relic.
    As I said, I'd recently seen 200 hours of progress disappear I didn't exactly care about any form of beaurocratic red tape and other useless BS.
    And also, I don't see any logical reason for your passive aggressiveness mate. What's your malfunction?

9. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #9
    We put detailed instructions in sticky threads to help you out, we even title one "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING!" and put a big flashing red light next to it so people might think that it is worth reading. In that thread it not only tells you that we aren't Relic, it also gives you details of what information we need in order to be able to help you, and how to get that information.You came in here, didn't bother to read anything, and instead went on a pointless rant about what you saw as poor customer service, without giving us any information that might help us find a solution for you. You then followed up by saying you ignored the stickies because you didn't think they applied to you. Now you are acting all butthurt because I said you should have read the stickies... whose fault is that?

Everybody who helps out here volunteers there time freely to help other gamers. We don't get paid to put up with shit from you or anybody else.

Before you post anything again, read the sticky threads, particularly the one titled Rules of Conduct in Technical Assistance.

Funkosapien
    I don't care if your a moderator mate, that's no way to talk to someone who came here frustrated but still respectful.

11. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #11
    You come on to this forum, admit that you ignored the stickies, refer to the rules as "bureaucratic red tape and other useless BS", then you act like you're due some kind of consideration because you think you were being respectful? Seems you're the one with the malfunction, mate.

Read the stickies and follow the rules instead of being an indignant ass hat.

Thread Information