Hope you guys start posting sweet new pieces of 40k lore ASAP in the 'Backstory & Fluff' section.
Hope you guys start posting sweet new pieces of 40k lore ASAP in the 'Backstory & Fluff' section.
Not a fan of the new power weapon rules, while I like that they have given them AP Values, making seperate rules for axes/swords is a bit of a bummer. I don't want my axe wielding marines to have to strike at Initiative 1 dammit!!
A whole bunch of info here:
- Change to Pre-Measure like WHFB 8th Edition.
- Force Organization Chart is still in use, no use of Percentage
- Adding new FoC Slot called "Fortification" [0-1] / see below
- Phases remains the same, Movement, Shooting, and then Assault
- No Psychic Phase
- No Initiative Phase
- Movement is pretty much the same. Infantry can move 6", Jump Infantry 12" and so on.
- Rapid Fire weapons can now fire at target 24" away irregardless of moving or not. (or choose to fire twice at target 12" away)
- Pistol is pretty much the same.
- New Weapon type "Salvo" - firing at max. range & max. shots if not move, or 1/2 range and 1/2 shots if moving.
- Heavy Weapon can now be fired on the move, but will be subjected to 'snap fire' rule.
- "Snap Fire" allows certain weapon types to shoot even if moving, but with a BS of 1 (ie. 6 to hit)
- Blast Weapons cannot "snap fire"
- You can only killed as much models in target unit as you can actually see (and within max range).
- Casualties are now removed from closest to furthest.
- Wound Allocation is completely changed.
- When shooting at unit partially in cover, player can choose to "Focus Fire" to kill only models in the open (or in a less covered position).
- You can now throw (most) grenades in the Shooting Phase at the range of 8", limited to 1 grenade per unit per Phase.
- Charge Distance is now 2D6" adding together.
- Unit can elect to "Overwatch" if being assaulted. Simply a "Stand and Shoot 40K version" - resolved at BS1, Template does D3 hit instead.
- Overwatch can be done only once per turn.
- Unit declaring multiple assaults will suffer from "Disoriented Charge" (not get +1A)
- Unit assaulting multiple enemy unit is subjected to multiple Overwatch.
- Unlike Stand & Shoot, Overwatch does NOT cause Morale Check or Pinning.
- Pile-in reduced to 3" and is done at the model's Initiative Step (ie. before the model could strike)
- Casualties are removed from the front rank, like the case of Shooting Phase
- Units can elect to auto-fail Morale Check at the end of Combat if all models in the unit cannot hurt the attacker at all (ie. S3 vs T10).
- Challenges are in for IC.
- Close-Combat Weapon now have AP value, ranging from AP- to AP1. Pistols don't grant more bonus than in 5th Edition.
- Power SWORD and Lightning Claws are "S: as user" AP3, though Power AXE is S+1, AP2, but is subjected to penalties (Initiative Reduced)
- Fists and Chainfists are Sx2 AP2 and Unwieldy (Intiative reduced to 1), Thunder Hammers has "Concussive" (the exact (or almost) same rules as in 5th Edition)
- Vehicles are now limited to move at the maximum of 12" in the Movement Phase (though it can move further in the Shooting Phase if desired)
- Vehicles can opt to move "Flat Out" in the Shooting Phase, adding an extra 6".
- Vehicles movement and weapons. Defensive and Primary Weapons are gone. You can fire all of your weapons at most of the time. But moving faster will result in less weapon fired at basic BS, the rest will be fired at BS1 (Snap Fire)
- Fast Skimmer moving Flat Out can be more lethal (fire more weapons than in 5th and moving faster [12" Normal + 18" Flat Out])
- Skimmer got a cover save called Jink, basically 5+ cover save and improved to 4+ if going Flat Out.
- Vehicles count as WS0 (auto-hit) if stationary and WS1 (3+ hit) if moved. No idea on how Fast or Skimmer will have bonus, as cover aren't used in Assault.
- Flyers are now in, with its own rules.
- Flyers can move very fast and is hard to target (6 only to hit) unless the shooter has Skystrike rules that allow them to shoot flyer at normal BS.
- When moving fast (called "Zooming") Flyers cannot move less than 12" and cannot disembark any models.
Vehicle and Damage
- New Vehicle Damage Chart, one to rule them all. 1-2 being Shaken, 3 Stunned, 4 and 5 Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised, and 6 Explodes! You only roll the table if the shot penetrate the Armour. Wrecks occur only from taking certain amount of Glancing Hits.
- AP 2 weapons add +1 to the chart, while AP1 adds +2.
- AP"-" is no longer -1 on the table.
- Open-Topped is +1 as well.
- No more "Half Strength if the center hole is off", you always use full strength for any blast that hits the vehicle.
- Hull Points - a new style "wound" for vehicles. Any Glancing Hits removes 1 Hull Point, Penetrate Hit removes 1 Hull Point as well as rolling on the Damage Chart above. If reduced to 0 HP, the vehicle becomes Wreck.
- Vehicles has 3 or 4 HP, notable 4 HP vehicles are Ghost Ark, Land Raider, and Monolith. Details can be found in the rulebook appendix. (Bloodwing stated that some player propose that the formula for Hull Points is Front + Side(once) + Rear divide by 3. Fractions rounding down - this seems to be true.
Vehicle and Passenger
- Passenger can only disembark if vehicle move 0-6".
- Disembarking rules changes, you now place models in base contact with the access point and move up to 6" - this is the furthest distance the unit may move.
- Embarking is pretty much the same.
- Unit count as moving if the vehicle moved 0.1-6", and can only "Snap Fire" if the vehicle move 6.01 - 12"
- Open-topped transport rules are the same (access points and fire points)
- Exploding Flyer that has "zoomed" will result in a S10 no armour save on its passenger. And some sort of S6 Large Blast at any unit under the point the vehicle goes on flame.
- NO PSYCHIC PHASE (or whatever people are assuming they are)
- Perils of the Warp causes one wound, no saves of any kind allowed.
- Types of psychic power, witchfire (psychic shooting attack), focused witchfire (has a chance to allow player to choose the target model when removing casualty by rolling low scores on Psychic Test), nova (affects all enemy units within range), maelstrom (affecting both friendly and enemy within range), blessing (augmented friend), and malediction (de-buff enemy).
- "Deny the Witch" - every models/units have a slight chance to nullify the effect of psychic power (6+). Chances increase if your unit has Psyker.
- Psychic Hood is reduced to 4+ Deny the Witch if the target of the power is within 6" of the wearer.
- There are 5 new Disciplines of Psychic Powers in the BRB, each has 7 Powers. Each army can access different Disciplines, some cannot use them at all.
- Casting Psychic Power remains the same as in 5th.
- Psychic Powers now have 2 level, calling Warp Charge 1 and 2. Mastery Level 1 can only use Warp Charge 1 power, while Mastery Level 2 allows you to cast 2 "Warp Charge 1" power or 1 "Warp Charge 2". Higher Mastery allows for more.
- Each Psyker generate Warp Charge equal to his Mastery Level.
- Look Out, Sir! is in. Grants character 50% chance to evade the attack if he's within 6" of friendly unit (works in combat too), resolved each successful Look Out Sir on the models within 6" instead.
- Look Out Sir! is improved to 2+ for Independent Character.
- Character can issue / accept challenges.
- One model in your army will be the Warlord (one with highest LD), Warlord can roll on a table (there's 3 table, you can choose 1) to see what benefit he receive. Examples are units within 12" can use his LD, the Character count as Scoring Units, Warlord has FNP if within 3" of Objective.
- Fortification - a new addition to the FoC, limited to 0-1 this allows player to purchase some kind of terrain for their army. Expensive one are Fortress of Redemption (220 points) and cheap ones are Aegis Defence Lines (50 points)
- Allies - a new system that allows player to have a detachment made of another army in the list. Allies works like WFB8th Edition with best buddies, normal allies, and untrusted. The detachment is limited to 1HQ and 1 Troop(compulsory) and additional 1 Troop, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, and 1 Heavy Support.
- There are 3 Deployment Types, one being the classic Pitched Battle, second one is reversed Pitched Battle (deploying along the short table edges), and third one is a triangular deployment.
- Selecting deployment zone remains the same, roll-off to see who deploys first and go first.
- Seize Initiative is still the same.
- 6 Missions with 2 Level Objectives. Primary Objectives grants more Victory Points, but harder to achieve. Secondary Objective is always 1 VP and has 3 of them. First Blood (for getting the first "kill point", Slay the Warlord (for killing the enemy Warlord - aka. general), and Linebreaker (having your units in enemy deployment zone at the end of the game)
- Deep Strike Mishap is softened now: 1 - You're Dead, 2-3 Misplaced, and 4-6 Delayed.
- Feel No Pain dropped to 5+
- There's still only 1 Level of Instant Death, no Instant Death(x)
- Fleet allows for re-rolls on Run and possibly Assault distances.
- "Hammer of Wrath" allows model to make single attack at their base strength before combat on the turn it assault. Jump Infantry and Bike have it.
- Monstrous Creature can make "Smash" attack, forfeit half of its attack to resolve attack at Sx2 against vehicle.
- Flying Monstrous Creature can make two mode of movement. One being 24" move, performing D3+1 "Vector Strike" on a single unit within the path and then shoot up to two weapons or run 2D6" in the shooting phase. However, it cannot assault or being assaulted unless it get shot and fall down from the sky first (can't remember how you fire at it, 6 only?) Should it fall from the sky, it will take S9 hit and can now be assaulted as normal.
- Sniper has rule to allow them to allocate wounds to the model of your choice if you roll a 6 when rolling to hit.
- Rage is now +2 Attack on assault.
- Many new generalization of rules...such as Armourbane (roll 2d6 for armour penetration) and Fleshbane (2+ to wound)....this also expands to weapons as well (unwieldy, concussive, etc.)
I HAS WRITTEN A BOOK!
As soon as the cover artist, proof reader and everything else I rely on other people to do is done, I'll let you know.
Some quick thoughts.
Snap shot with heavy weapons is interesting. I wonder how this will combine with the Devestator squad signum. Will you be able to move and shoot with one BS5 weapon?
Obviously the big winners here are Ork Lootas. Their chance to hit is reduced by 1/2 for moving while BS4 Marines/Chaos are reduced to 1/4.
Snap fire rules for vehicle shooting make vehicles with mounted flame weapons much more awesome. The Redeemer was my Land Raider of choice. Looks like that's going to be more of the case now. Expect the Baal with Flamestorm and flame sponsons to be more prevalent too. The Multimelta/Heavy Flamer speeder was good choice already. Looks like it's slightly better now.
Assault Vehicles are going to be less threatening now that you cannot disembark if the vehicle moved more than 6"
If the rule that allows you to move assault after leaving a stationary vehicle still exists there's almost no reason for that rule to exist at all. Your charge range (ignoring difficult terrain for the movement phase) will be the same.
Jump Pack troopers and Mephiston will have the scariest threat of any assault unit in the game, which is how it should be.
Character and weapon stuff looks interesting. Perhaps there will be rules for dodging powerfists with those look out sir rules. Challenges also look like they'll be good fun.
We may also have a way of avoiding the dreaded powerfist character assassin situation where your targetable non inv save character is almost assuredly killed by an untargetable sergeant.
Can your character call out a Nob for a Challenge though?
Still much to learn.
I didn't think you caould assault out of a normal vehicle at all, unless it had assault ramps in 5th.If the rule that allows you to move assault after leaving a stationary vehicle still exists there's almost no reason for that rule to exist at all. Your charge range (ignoring difficult terrain for the movement phase) will be the same.
Still, being able to assault out of a stationary vehicle is a HUGE benefit. If you are waiting for opponents to come to you, being able to be in your tin cans until the very last second is a massive benefit...
There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1. Never give out all the information.
And those Collector´s Rulebooks sells faster then hot bread and squeesing trigger bullets. I don´t understand why ppl is willing to pay double, triple, and even quadruple of the original price for it. Just insane. I wait till the fever has settled down, then I purchase one.
The changes to vehicle damage are interesting with glances no longer having disabling effects, but eventually wrecking you. Seems like it will make some vehicles less survivable, since before where they'd be getting three shaken/stun or systems damage, now they're dead. Makes massed bolter fire an actual threat to a vehicle's rear (or to AV10 all around vehicles.)
@ 40k1Gamern: A good plan in theory, accept it's no longer on the UK site.
I love the fact that tanks will likely (if rumours are true) not be able to take a dozen meltashots and still be at virtually full combat capability.
It's very frustrating when, as a player of an army that can't pop tanks well at range, you pour every single shot you have into one tank, get through with them all and it just can't move next turn.
Something had to counter the 5th Edition "you must have tanks/mech to win" mentality. I think this will do it nicely. Doesn't completely nerf tanks, in fact I believe there are rules to make shooting your tanks much easier (the removal of "defensive weapons" for one) but it does counter the better shooting by making them less durable. It'll all balance out nicely after a few months...
what melta weapons are YOU using? i've never EVER had a vehicle survive a melta weapon. and i operate a mechanised guard army. i see alot of meltagunsI love the fact that tanks will likely (if rumours are true) not be able to take a dozen meltashots and still be at virtually full combat capability.
im not sure about how i feel about everything better then a lasgun rocking my sentinels.. but i guess we'll see.
Well, I know that. I wouldn´t have said that unless I knew that already.A good plan in theory, accept it´s no longer on the UK site
But there are always ebay. Sooner or later.....
I've been following the BOLS thread for the afternoon and I am just delighted with the direction 6th ed is taking. Land Raiders are once again kings of the battle field, however they can still be taken down through weight of fire or high S, as it should be. Tanks moving in the shooing phase instead of shooting? Stand & Shoot charge responses? Random objectives which give you bonuses in game? Random bonus for the Warlord leading your army? Allies? Everything points to a very solid gamer's game.
DesertFoxx & I were throwing allies ideas back & forth, what to add to his Salamanders which should prove fun and flavourful. For me, seeing as I run everything aside from DE, I'm just trying to decide what army to pick and and work on next. Given that Jump troops AND Bikes get the hammer of Wrath impact hits, it just might be my White Scars that see the next brush-loads of paint. I have to admit, I didn't think 6th ed would get me away from Infinity so readily, but it certainly has me jazzed.
Yeah, but why get a collectors edition of a rules set that is going to be changed in 3 years? I'd rather just wait and see how the meta will change with the new rules, continue buying no more new models, and just finish up my drop pod army when I'm done painting up my AW UAMC marines.
While I can see getting a collectors edition of something like Space Marine (art book, soundtrack, etc), there's no point for 40k, because they're just going to hit you with a $90 USD book in 3 years. Wait a bit, see how the rules work themselves out, then wait for a reference book.
Actually, average turnaround for an edition is 4 - 5 years.
Everything better than a lasgun already glances sentinels. Basic ones, at least. And you've seriously never fired meltaweapons at tanks and only glanced? Or rolled a 1 / 2 on vehicle damage? The dice gods love you then. The rest of us mere mortals have to put up with tanks that just sometimes *won't die*.what melta weapons are YOU using? i've never EVER had a vehicle survive a melta weapon. and i operate a mechanised guard army. i see alot of meltaguns
im not sure about how i feel about everything better then a lasgun rocking my sentinels.. but i guess we'll see
Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader (1987) -> Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition (1993)Originally Posted by Civik
Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition (1993) -> Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition (1998)
Warhammer 40,000 3rd Edition (1998) -> Warhammer 40,000 4th Edition (2004)
Warhammer 40,000 4th Edition (2004) -> Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition (2008)
Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition (2008) -> Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition (2012)
Three years, folks.
Look at the bright side, kid - you get to keep all the money.
I don't think price is going to go anything but up for the CE on Ebay, after all most people who bought them cared enough to pay the extra money and had the motivation to order them right away.Well, I know that. I wouldn´t have said that unless I knew that already.
But there are always ebay. Sooner or later.....
My brother and I seem to have entered 40k at a good time, we have both been playing WHFB for a few years and decided to try 40k a couple of months ago. Heard rumours about a new edition so our small armies have been waiting patiently to kick each other in the crotch. looking forward to getting the rules Saturday and spending a few days trying to work out what the hell is going on.
How is it 3 years?
1st was 6, 2nd was 5, 3rd was 6 again, 4th was 4 and 5th was 4 aswell.
I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blog...commander.html - brand new post 11/04/13
Because the trend for time between rulebooks is going down and there isn't a large enough statistical sample to show it stabilizes at 4 years.
Death holds no fear only for the fool. An Astartes' duty is to control that fear and turn it into a blind hatred of the end of his life, for it brings with it the inability to fulfil his duty to the Emperor.
Because the trend for time between rulebooks fluctuates and there isn't a large enough statistical sample to show it is going to go down next edition.Originally Posted by Civik
meltaguns are AP1, all you have to do is roll a 4 on the chart to destroy something. something the player has very likely spent +/- 200 points on.Everything better than a lasgun already glances sentinels. Basic ones, at least. And you've seriously never fired meltaweapons at tanks and only glanced? Or rolled a 1 / 2 on vehicle damage? The dice gods love you then. The rest of us mere mortals have to put up with tanks that just sometimes *won't die*.
i know boltguns etc already glance sentinels. but that's never bothered me on account of extra armour. but if now all it takes to butcher a sentinel is 2 glances and wreck then they are OUT of my list.
Yes, but you still have to roll a 6 on 1 or 2 dice to get through that 200 point land raiders armour. Sometimes the dice gods are just not in you favour.
So now glancing hits take off a hull point and penetrating hits take a hull point + could likely outright kill the tank. AP1 gets a +2 on the pen chart, AP2 gets +1.
I'm actually fairly happy to hear about the wounds being applied closest models first again (or, well, before it was within the range of the weapons). That should prevent some armies from taking 20 minutes just for wound allocation. Snap fire of heavies will be nice... I guess we'll see how much close combat still overtakes shooting in spite of it being 40,000 years in the future.
Hang on, you're upset that it could take exactly the same number of shots as previously to kill your sentinals? I'm confused.
Before, glancings could destroy your weapons, immobilise you (which destroyed you in a squadron), render them worthless for a turn... Now glancings don't do that so your chances of staying operational until you explode actually go UP for smaller vehicles like sentinals.
Plus we don't know how hull point distribution in squadrons works. It could be that you get to spread them out, actually raising your survivability even higher and making squadrons worth taking rather than being expensive deathtraps.
I have the rulebook. Went to a midnight opening as there is a major airshow around where I live this weekend and a simple 10 min journey can take over an hour.
The hits are distributed to the nearest model in the squadron until it is either wrecked or explodes. Any remaining hits are then allocated to the 'new' nearest vehicle. If a squadron vehicle becomes immobilized the squadron can elect to leave the immobilized behind. The squadron has however many remaining members and the immobilized vehicle now forms its own unit, it is no longer auto destroyed.
A squadron of three sentinels will take a minimum of 3 penetrating hits with the result of 6 on the damage table, or a maximum of 6 glancing hits to remove it from play.
Last edited by Cuddles; 30th Jun 12 at 7:36 AM.
Vehicle squadrons are no longer a death sentence? Hooray!
My book should hopefully get to me sometime today. Then I disappear for a week to read it cover to cover.
Keenkeenkeenkeen... Yay for being a 12yearold at heart :-D
I have to say having read more of the rules this morning I'm pretty pleased with the direction the game is heading. Obviously my perceptions may change once I have got a few games under my belt. The only thing that screams 'abuse me!' is the allies section. If you are battle brothers you can share your benificial effects, so a blood angel priest can grant feel no pain to 50+ guardsmen, making them a lot harder to kill. lol.
The other thing that I do like is from 0 - 1,999 points you get 1 FOC (2 HQ, 6 Troops, 3 Elite, 3 Fast, 3 Heavy) at 2000+ you get an additional FOC so your choices become 4HQ, 12 Troops, 6 Elite, 6 Fast, and 6 Heavy, that will change 2k battles massively.
Huh. That's a great change to larger games.
I am an Iron Warrior! Iron Within, Iron Without!
FAQ's for the current codicies are up (Link)
Sadly my rulebook arrives per mail later this week so I can't tell how badly my CSM have been ripped off
* Night Lords: 8th Company, "The Just" (Unalinged Chaos Space Marines)
* Cabal Of Eternal Silence (Kabalite Dark Eldar)
* The Seekers of Iybraesil (Craftworld Eldar)
"Basically, the Horus Heresy is a story about daddy issues." - Gav Thorpe
4ed will remain or be re-released as Chaos Renegades, IIRC. Codex: Legions (Traitor Legions) is slated for an early 6ed release, the last I checked my local store/the rumours. That was a while back, admittedly.
EDIT: Typhus got one major kick of a buff or two. Holy moly mackerel.
EDITEDIT: Typhus gains a Force Weapon (A Plaguebearer Daemon Weapon Force Weapon, no less) but Ahriman doesn't?
Last edited by Gorb; 30th Jun 12 at 6:58 AM.
I'm just sad that my tzeentch Daemonprinces can longer use two shooting powers per turn... hell, they can't even shoot and warptime anymore...
We will see ... but my money is on another marine dex (DAs anyone?) after the starter set and then ChaosCodex: Legions (Traitor Legions) is slated for an early 6ed release,
He always had a force weapon ... His Manreaper has been a Daemon and Force Weapon ever sinceTyphus gains a Force Weapon
Black Staff of Ahriman has always been a force weaponbut Ahriman doesn't?
Last edited by 0rph3u5; 30th Jun 12 at 7:23 AM.
I like the new Gets Hot! rules as well as some of the new stuff for the assault phase, plus there's new weapons in the book too.
So i really wish i had sent mine to a store to pick up xD I totally forgot that monday is a national holiday here in canada (Canada Day ) when i ordered it, which means no mail service xD
And of course a Marine 'dex will turn up first, but I hope Chaos: Legions is one of the first.
With regards to Force Weapons, yeah, that was me getting confused. I kept on remembering 3ed where we had no Force Weapons at all. Didn't play too much with the 4ed Codex, the massacre of my Cult Legion armies left me relatively uninspired. 6ed may change that
Not for a Tzeentch-Prince ...Two shooting psychic powers was always a liberal interpretation of the rules though, no?
MoT allowed/allows? two psychic powers per turn and MCs were allowed multiple shooting attacks in 5th Ed.
... that's why it is in the FAQ, now they only made the answer "no" in accordance with new psyker rules
but that is the past now
BTW I found nothing on the psychic mastery of the Aspiring Sorc of my Thousand Sons... guess they are lvl 1 as well (like every other Sorc or like Farseers)
My first impressions of the new rulebook is that the artwork is consistently awesome. Haven't had much time to take in the new rules yet.
Let's sail in this sea of charms
Let's drown underneath the stars
They have just released a 300page digital marine codex. That version will be fully 6th compatible. Marines won't be on the table for a while. Next codex is supposed to be Chaos, then Dark Angels, as you don't leave the contents of the starter box with substandard or 2 editions old books.
That's providing the rumours on the starter box are correct
One thing I need to check - is the rumour that plasma wepaons on tanks get hot true? Not that I have any, I just think it would immensly funny to watch a tank burn it's own sponsons off....
If it gets hot, then on a 1-3, the vehicle takes a glancing hit, yes.
ok that makes me cry when I've got a half built forgeworld stormblade and leman russ executioner... that thing's going to be losing a hull point every 2 turns, on the plus side techpriests got awesome with the FAQ to counter it
Okay, have my book since noon, but only now got a chance to do a first skimover... and while I don't think Allies are abusomatic OP at all times - FAQs did quite a nice job keeping that in check with Stuff like BA's FnP only going to "friendly units chosen from C:BA" and the like - some things are just plain OP... like this:
A friend of mine plays Nurgle exclusivly - both C:CSM and C:CDs.
Now he can field stuff that he used to do in team games in normal games, giving us this:
- Main Detachment: CSM - MoN Lord + 3x PMs + Whatever Nurglemarked stuff you want.
- Allies Detachment: Epidemus + 1x Nurglings.
Once you got Epi's Tally filled up - 20 model kills by nurgle marked modells - your PMs get:
- new FnP (just like Necrons new Regeneration, but rolled after failed save and only negated by 2xS) on 3+ instead of 5+
- All Attacks (incl. shooting) ignore all armor saves
- Poisoned Attacks at 2+
So in comparison with TH/SS Terms (without any charge boni):
PMs - Ini 2, 3 attacks, hit on 4+, wound on 2+, reroll failed wounds on 2+, ignore armor, Termis save on 3++
Terms - Ini 1, 2 Attacks, hit on 4+, wound on 2+, no rerolls, ignore armor, PMs save on 3+ FnP
So PMs win now?
I guess we'll find a good many more of those in the next weeks ;-)
EDIT: Concerning Force Weapons - goooood that I got that many Nemesis Force Swords left over... all my BA Libbys need to let go of their axes...
EDIT: And while I hate them for nerfbatting my Blood Angels all Deep Strike list with the new guidelines for reserves... yeah for all of this:
- Rage now no longer making your stuff uncontrollable but giving you 2 attacks on the charge - my 30 Jump Pack equipped DC say thank you for now 2 attacks profile + 1 attack 2nd ccw + 2 attacks charge + 1 ini 10 Attack from Hammer of Wrath... rerolling to hit and to wound of course thanks to their chap...
Last edited by ph03nIXx; 1st Jul 12 at 2:45 PM.
Warhammer 40K - 2012
Blood Angels - 2nd Company: W3 T1 L3
Dark Eldar - Kabal of the Blood-Dipped Spear: W3 T0 L1
Grey Knights - 3rd Brotherhood: W0 T1 L1
Yeah, Death Company were unstoppable before but now they are a force of nature.
With Nurgle, I've got a friend too who only plays them. He pointed out that Epi needs to arrive before the tally starts, and anything beforehand doesn't count. Then you need to kill another 10+ models, *only* with your actual marked troops, for it to work...
Not as easy as it's claimed
What's the score with the FAQ? Does it list the all of the changes in the digital SM codex; don't want to steal my son's iPad and definitely don't want to shell out £24.99 for a digital book. Cheers
@Tabby concerning Epi
That's true, but well, just take Epi + Nurglings - min requirement for Allies - and put epi into the nurglings. Now you got only one unit, and since due to Daemon Deployment Rules, half of your units rounded up enter the game on turn one, Epi is there from the start... so beasty.
My friend only plays nurgle marked units in his lists, a bit of a fluff fanatic there ;-) he was planning on doin away with his vindicators and adding stuff like havocs again to get an all marked list... I am kinda curious how he will do, but we will see.
Concerning my DoA List, after reading through a good big part of the rules, thanks to the sniper buff, I guess I'll just be adding loads of sniper scouts to my DoA list to somehow get to the half-of-your-units-requirement... won't be as strong vs parking lots as it used to be, but still...
Need to get my order in for 6th ed. Rulebook.
Wonder if ppl will have to be using the 6th edition rulebook regarding Tournys/Events coming up the following weeks/months. But guess that´s a silly statement/question really.
Was having a look at GW site and read about the different Tournys coming up over the next weeks/months.
Anyone with a rulebook in hand - could someone elaborate on the new pile in rules (pg.23)?
For those who haven't got the book yet:
Pile in now happens in the initiative step for the modell and is a 3" move.
From what I gather, only the modells that are striking at the relevant initiative step are making a pile in move. If, at the beginning of the next initiative step, no modells are left in base contact and modells piling in can't make base contact, the combat ends. Which would mean if at the end of one intiative step, there is a gap greater than 3" between the closest modells, the combat basically is over.
On the other hand, the surrounding text makes it sound like all modells in the units enganged in the close combat make a pile in move at all intiative steps being fought, since they are talking about pile on being 6" all the time and stuff like combat ending prematurely won't happen that many times.
So I'd appreciate anyone's interpretation of the text.
I find it hard to imagine any situation where models couldn't pile in to at least within 2" of a model in base contact.
Anyone else notice that Missile Launchers have been given Flakk missiles? Quite handy against flyers.
By accident my Librarian has a +2 strength concussive stave :P
Well, since you are removing casualties from the front, starting with the modells in base contact, you may end up quite often without any modells in base contact at the end of an initiative step.
The example 0rph3u5 brought up when we talked about this was CSM or Berzerkers vs Ork boys - not to hard to kill enough modells at the Berzerkers Initiative Step so you have to remove both all modells in base contact and quite a few behind those. Now, if you get a 3+" inch gap because of removing modells from the front, question is:
Once the Berzerkers are done,
- do only the remaining ork boys pile in to reestablish base contact - since the berzerkers already did their pile in move at their Ini Step -, moving up to 3", thus potentially not getting into base contact at all - which is what I gather happens from the rules
- or does everyone pile in another 3", making them close a gap up of up to 6" - which the surrounding text around the rule on pg.23 seems to suggest to me?
EDIT: Well, after reading through almost all the rules, one of the things that stick out for me:
Terminators are back in force - I know, they were never gone, but still...
Most of the stuff that was dangerous for them - high initiative power weapons like lightning claws and the like - now is AP3. Those that are AP2 are Ini1, so units will get devastated by the squad in return. There is AP2 shooting, but squads that really can pump out lots of AP2 wounds in shooting are few... Trueborn, IG Veterans, Krisis Suits, Vindicators, but that's about it.
This also makes Challenges a lot more compelling - with most HQ characters getting 2+ armor, but only AP3 weapons...
Last edited by ph03nIXx; 3rd Jul 12 at 1:11 AM.
You could counter that with giving characters both a power fist and a lightning claw, with both being specialist weapons they still gain the +1 attack for 2 ccw, and you are prepared for all comers. (Don't shoot me if that's incorrect, don't have the book in was chatting yo guys who do.) Model will look frigging goofy though.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)