Dawn of War - Armageddon
Latest Download: ]http://www.gamefront.com/files/21822...Armageddon.rar
Me(Adratus) -Mod leader,Concept,Coder, play tester
Most of you probably remember me from my previous mod, Reincarnate , or as the AI guy. Well I have decided to return to the modding scene, as now I have finished with University for the time being. Although this mod is basically still Reincarnate, I wanted to start a new, hence the new mod name. I feel Armageddon is an appropriate name , as with Dawn of War 3 probably not too far in the distant future, we are slowly coming to the end of Dawn of war 2, and I want to end it well. I decided to a different approach to how the mod will play, and hopefully you guys will approve of it.
About the Mod
This mod aims to keep the fast paced action and tactical fighting that vanilla gave us, but make all of that bigger and better and introduce some new concepts and new content. First of all the races have been made to be more "fluffy", so they act more how you would expect them in the lore. This was no easy task, as balance is a huge part of the mod, and it took a while to get all the races feeling fluffy but not OP or UP. Lots of units have been tweaked , way too many changes to do a bullet list, but every unit in the mod now has a meaningful purpose, even late game. Resources has been looked at as well, with a greatly increase rate of it coupled with double pop cap, you can expect bigger and better battles, while still not feeling too overwhelming that you can't manage all your units. Upkeep cost is still included for balance reasons, and now, power upkeep has been added to vehicles, so the more you have, the less power you will get meaning you won't be able to chuck out tanks as easily as before(you also only get up to 4 now).
Yep, AAI is still implemented , and it's now better than ever! I have spent a while now working on the AI, and these days, they rock. You can expect them:
- Build multiple unit types, depending on what the enemy have built(if you mass tanks, they will build counters).
- Defend key positions on the map.
- Actually be aggressive and push forward all the way to your base.
- Play smart and attack in numbers.
- Far less just running around map and capping points(yay!).
- Be and overall far greater challenge than in vanilla.
AAI is always an ongoing project, it will never be perfect, but it can only get better and better with community feedback.
- Superior AI
- Increased resource rate( though power should feel rarer than in vanilla)
- 200 pop cap for each race
- 4 vehicle hard cap for each race
- HQ health reduced to 6000
- Quick start resources is now 2000 req and 400 power, as apposed to the old 9000 of each.
- 250 victory point selection is now 99999(infinite) this will allow for essentially FFA annihilation.
- Super units now cost and additional 200 red resource
- Units are now "As seen". Meaning for example, a space marine in a tactical squad will have the same stats as a space marine in a devastator squad.
- All walkers health decreased.
- Lots and lots and lots unit changes, way to many to remember all of them, hopefully most of them will be noted in race changes.
This is still ongoing, there is quite a lot lol, also I will have most likely missed out some changes, due to not remembering :P..
Scout sniper damage decreased, but squad now receives 4 instead of one.
Tactical marines buffed up, health and damage increase, increased squad cost, sergeant upgrade cost increased.
Devastator stats match tactical marines, squad size reduced to 2, increased squad cost.
Assault marine squad health increased, sergeant upgrade cost increased, power axe upgrade added, increased squad cost.
Predator lascannon AOE decreased.
Terminators build-able at HQ.
Added in Honor guard Squad, tier 3 heavy melee unit, also acts as support for infantry with abilities.
A release is very soon, so stay tuned folks.