I've been working on ideas for a mod entitled Company of Heroes: Gears of War, or CoH:GoW for short.
I've got a lot of ideas, and will outline some further in this post.
But I've been forced to halt progress on the mod due to the fact I'm the only team member. I'm alright with Corsix's mod studio but can't model, texture, animate etc.
So I'm looking for people to help with those, if interested then please post here or message me.
Now, onto the mod itself.
The mod will contain two factions, the Coalition of Ordered Governments (COG) and the Locust Horde.
Both factions will focus around a small number of buildings but tougher infantry, so combat will be more tactical.
Here is a proposed list of units/buildings/defences for the COG:
Buildings: COG Command Centre, COG Barracks, COG Garage, COG Armoury
Defences: Sandbags, Barbed Wire, Chaingun Turret, Watchtower (Can be garrisoned), Walls
- COG Engineers: Squad size of 3, armed with Snub pistols and are able to upgrade to Gnashers, build COG buildings/defences and repair vehicles.
- Gears: Squad size of 5, armed with Lancers and are able to upgrade to either Boomshots or Longshots, basic infantry who can throw grenades.
- Mortar Team: Squad size of 3, one is armed with the Mortar, must setup to fire, protected by two Gears with Lancers.
- Mulcher Gear: Squad size of 3, one is armed with the Mulcher, must setup to fire, protected by two Gears with Lancers.
- Hammer Gear: Squad size of 1, armed with the Hammer of Dawn, costs munitions to fire, must manually select where to fire (using an ability)
- Onyx Guard: Squad size of 4, armed with Lancers and can upgrade to either a Vulcan or Gnashers, elite infantry who can throw grenades.
- Centaur: Light tank, able to upgrade with Reinforced Armour.
- Assault Derrick: Transport, armed with a single Chaingun turret, can carry two squads of infantry.
Thanks for reading,