For Soulstorm 1.2
Some Background Info
As you probably already know, different types of terrain in DoW cause different effects to occur when units come into contact with them. For instance, a Guardsmen squad running through water will cause ripples to appear; a Space Marine hitting the ground after being thrown by a Bloodthirster will create a dust cloud; Guardians running on snowy terrain will cause bits of snow to be kicked up at their feet. So this is nice and all, but there's one problem: These effects are nearly non-existent with the Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar units!
Click this to see what I mean:
Notice there's no ripples in the water, how annoying is that to see?
So the mod...
Fixes these issues? Yes! Now here's an after shot of the above image:
Looks prettier doesn't it? Well all the DE and SoB units do it now
Below is a list of fixes/changes I've made to some of the units which aren't terrain effects:
- Fixed the Missionary, Tortured Slave and Ecchlesiarchal Servitor bugs identified and included in the Bugfix mod.
- Added blood fx to the sync death animations for the Archon, Wych, Wych Succubus, Warp Beast Master and Hellion Succubus.
- Added missing sound/fx to the Incubus sync_kill 3 animation and the Hellion and Hellion Succubuss capturing animation.
- Adjusted the selection box for the Dais of Destruction to better fit the unit's size and role as a relic unit.
- Removed the random smoke that appeared beneath the Immolator.
- Various sound fixes for the tread animations with the Immolator, Rhino and Exorcist.
- Changed the idle sounds of the SoB vehicles to be consistent with Space Marine vehicles.
- Adjusted the selection boxes of the SoB vehicles to be consistent with SM vehicles.
- Removed the track decals created by the Exorcist as they were bigger than the vehicle's tracks and to be consistent with SM vehicles.
- Added fx to the lights on the front of the Exorcist and Immolator.
- And maybe something else I can't remember.
Extract the zip to your Soulstorm directory.
DE army with the new effects:
SoB army with the new effects:
Living Saint with new effects:
Dais of Destruction with new effects (the far right grey smoke has been adjusted):
Dais of Destruction with bigger selection box:
To answer some possible quesions
Q: Can I use these in my mod?
A: Yes you can! Whether you credit me or not is optional as I don't really mind.
Q: Can you fix unit X from race Y?
A: Maybe. I've noticed some oddities with the other races, but the mod's goal was to fix the DE and SoB.
If anybody wants the .sgm and .ebp files for either race then let me know. You might want to do this if I missed something or you don't agree with how a certain terrain effect works on a unit.