Hello DOW Community.
I just had a
terrible evil idea that may take over the worldsmall little idea (while waiting for my stupidprogram to finish updates) of who is going to be here and who is not going to be here in the DOW Community in 2020. Why 2020? Random year, random number, nothing too short ahead of time because I know already who may/may not be here in the next couple of years, but in 2020, when I am gone (not dead), bring me the future! Better than saying 2017 for say... or is it? This year may give us the idea or not if you are going to be here in the DOW Community in the far future! So are you going to be here in say eight years from now, or do you not think so, or will you have no clue at all? Feel free to participate and share! I (Cylarne) will be interested in hearing anyone's opinion and awesome future plans. I also promise to be quiet and not reply so much for those of you who hate me for doing that.
By the way when deciding:
- I recommend not sticking to date, for example, "I am not going to be here in 2020, but I will be here in 2021." I mean; the point is, it is more or less the general thesis if you are in the DOW Community by this time.
- Feel free to bring drama into your post, make it sad, very sad. Optional.
- Feel free to
screw this threadnot share.
- Feel free to say the date you will may leave the DOW Community.
- Feel free to vote in that poll I made.
- If you go bye bye soon this present year, well dang it we'll miss ya. Definitely give out a speech.
To sum up:
- Are you going to be in the DOW Community in 2020?
- Would you like to share your thoughts? If you have no idea what is going on in 2020, that is totally ok.
- Feel free to reply below in this thread and gain our interests, and don't forget to make the public poll!
- Fun thread. Drama, laughing, and futuristic goodbyes wanted!
So I guess I'll start because I call first post!
I am not going to be here or active in the DOW Community in 2020, probably not even modding for fun at all. I think I will be entirely leaving in like 2015-2018, because I until I am rich have to make a good living or else we go in debt and lose our house. So how I would do that... publish my game and get filthy rich (hopefully). Gain a great job and perhaps see my mod all finished and in action. I am certainly going to miss lots and lots of people when I am gone, because it has been one hell of a DOW Community. But well I'll save that speech for when I leave.
I'll probably hand out medals of honor to my team mates in 2013 of being great team members and friends (especially) and that moment is not too far away.
I think my mod is going to die in 2020. Most people will move on from DOW I and probably onto like DOW IV and mod from there. Too low population in DOW I I think, and I hope to gawd my favorite mods such as the Thousand Sons, IDH mod, Firestorm Over Kronus, Dark Angels mod, Craftworld mod, Dawn of Coalescence, Tyranids mod, ASID mod, Christ the long awaited Battlefleet Gothic mod and a few more unreleased, I hope you guys make the most fabulous of all mods.
I don't believe in the 2012 Apocalypse crisis here on Earth, screw that belief.
Lots and lots to think about with 7+ years time. I'm not sure entirely how my future will turn out in the DOW Community, but one and all I'll visit sometimes, definitely check out progress, and if there are needs of updates for my mod, I guess I'll do them. And then the relief of not modding anymore... can't wait.
So yeah that's all I have on the top of my head. Feel free to share and I hope this thread does not die in 2020.