HomeWorld:Cataclysm Textures Set

HomeWorld:Cataclysm Textures Set

In the attached .zip file you find the complete set of textures used on ships, asteroids, and other objects within HomeWorld:Cataclysm.

Other Texture sets that I am working on is a HomeWorld and HomeWorld 2 Texture Set.

Another project that I am working on for HomeWorld is called Texture Kit Bashing of which I am currently writing a tutorial for. Once the tutorial is complete you will be able to take a plastic model sprue image and turn it into a texture for your model.

My grand project for HomeWorld is called Texture Kitting. Texture Kitting involves me using Gimp to to cut various areas of a texture from the actual texture and turn it into a stand alone texture.

So far from just messing around with Texture Kitting I have made 25 individual textures from a page0.liff image from one ship.

I plan on doing Texture Kitting for all of the textures from the ships and objects from all three platforms so that when a modder needs a new texture to build their texture image with they will have alot of choices to choose from.

Here is a sample of what Texture Kitting can achieve.

Texture image taken from the page0.lif:

Using Sketch Up to create the model from the texture resulted in this:

I will have a link to the Cataclysm Texture Set . zip up in a day or so.

Clicking the red X will take you to the image.

Link to HomeWorld Cataclysm textures - http://www.fileswap.com/dl/GpyGrw7lG...tures.zip.html

Includes all lod0 textures used on the ships, missiles, planets and more.

5000 + textures / 120.9 Mb compressed zip.

Was added to another thread by mistake.

Thread Information