Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mancer's Skins (9th Dec. 2013. SdKfz 234/1-2 "Puma")

Mancer's Skins (9th Dec. 2013. SdKfz 234/1-2 "Puma")

This mod contains modified textures of the original game or other peoples' work. No models and
    attrib files are included so you must do that work as I will not release those.
    All files that are needed are provided here you have to know what to do both in CMS and whatever
    you use.
    Please keep in mind these are not "historical" skins with all colors and markings correct. I do what
    I want to see in-game with my knowledge and some research done.

------------------------------- Note:
    I made a long needed cleanup and from now on the files are separate. The old packed
    versions are avaliable as before here:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/company-o...-coh-skins-v12
    http://www.moddb.com/members/mancer5...ns-v121-update

Lots of changes were made to certain skins with the time so if you especially liked some be sure to
    check it I hope you will like what you see here.

------------------------------- About using or posting any of these files:
    I do not mind if you use this skins in your mods or skin packs. However I ask you to comment
    here or pm me that you did so I know about it. Don't ask me permission because a, you already
    got it b, I might not check my stuff here and maybe I do not answer for a long period.

If there is a skin that needed permission from other authors be sure to ask them for permission!
    Do NOT use those skins without it or you will get in trouble.

------------------------------- Latest updates:

Update 9th Dec. 2013. SdKfz 234/1-2 "Puma"

Update 6th Dec. 2013. Jagdpanther, Blitz, Goliath, BMW

Update 5th Dec. 2013. SdKfz 124 "Wespe"

Update 28nd Nov. 2013. 105mm leFH 18/40

Update 27nd Nov. 2013. SdKfz 251/17 Ausf D

Update 22nd Nov. 2013. Kingtiger with Henschel turret

------------------------------- Galleries about my skins and their quality:

Gallery #01

Gallery #02

Gallery #03

------------------------------- Links:

Skins that are for modded units, either CMP or units from big mods, may fit vanilla too

------------------------------- If you encounter a 7z archive file here:
    http://www.7-zip.org/

------------------------------- Take Care: M

Wow, I came in expecting skins that are..... not so good, but this actually looks pretty awesome! Nice work man, keep it up!

3. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #3
    Looks very nice, very good usage of proper colors!

Thank you. If the feedback is good I thought of releasing more skins on this same scheme, there are a lot done already.

I like what I see :P

Good job mate, can't wait to see more.

Please Tiger clear your inbox :P

Should be good now mate

Well that's truly nice mancer

Realy well done, i like the color tones and the camo sheme, fit well to the game design

Keep it up mate !

Problem. I used some of blitzkrieg mod's texture parts in what i want to release here next. Regged on their site but have no rights to do anything besides reading. I dont see the logic to that but okay.

I'll try to reach them cuz the texture parts are sparing me tons of time and i would achieve 90% the same result if made by myself any way. Until something happens I do an update here shortly.

Edit: no update yet. Have used a part of the alpha map of the kingtiger's dif while doing mine. Guess I have to contact them too to get permission.

Argh...

Well wich skin parts did you use, because 90% of the skins in Blitzkrieg are not actually made by themselves.

Dif's alpha channels for now for KT and SdKfz251. Bmw r75 is also finished to upload. And I chose to make my own panther over a Blitzkrieg Dif which is nice gray not that scratched vanilla. Its made by xalibur so i will have to reach him if i want to upload it. And the KT alpha is just perfect i couldnt make a better fitting one.

There aphas drive my crazy i dont see any logic how they are done in the vanilla game.

Edit: Added files and edited first post.
    Last edited by mancer; 23rd Jan 13 at 4:35 PM.

Mancer i think im in love with your vehicle skins <3 i love them im going to use them in my mod and giving the full credits to you ofcourse! these kinnda remind me of some ''Eastern Front'' camos
    ''Leutnant Gottlieb hier... Frankreich ist schön wenn man in einem deutschen Panzer sitzt''

The only hard thing in it is get the same colors from that camo layer because of the alpha channels. The tint gets different at first for nearly all textures and i have to fiddle with them a lot and they are still not 100% the same.

Really nice skins mancer, quite well done. the colors are bang on, but the Red Brown and Forest Green need to be a bit smaller. The Germans were using Panzer Yellow out of the factories as standard, yet as supplies of this became scarce near the later stages of the war, reverted backwards and used up existing supplies of Panzer Grey again as well. Still with the camouflage skins the portions of Yellow to Red Brown to Green was more on the lines of 2 parts to one part to one part or 2 - 1 - 1.

The Germans equipped the Panzers with a standard Spray Gun for painting, but this was one of the first things to disappear to make room for Alcoholic beverages and stowage space for other "necessities" and was rarely found late in the war. But when orders came down to camouflage their vehicles they reverted to using anything, Old Rags, Mops, even their Hands as brushes. Hence they slapped on the R. Brown and F. Green over the existing Yellow, but that color stayed the majority that was visible.
    Well....! it was grape juice!!

You are right on this. Thing is i generated (and still always do) this camo pattern with a plugin and give it the necessary effects. Do the mud, scratch etc. I do not correct the amounts of colors on areas in the name of randomness i leave it as it is in the camo layer. To be historically correct about patterns and to make patterns fit the edges of the models would require a whole new uvw map which i won't do. Plus the units are small as in every RTS and not much is visible when playing battles

Also please note my goal is not a historical skin but to make something that fits the game's graphics by my taste using a scheme for all vehicles and is more or less accurate. It's my "imaginary" german army. Still what you wrote is correct as it is fact.

No Problem mancer I understand and will still use your work, the Tiger looks awesome

Thanks Xamot. Added files, more are on the way.

Very good job mancer

Hey can I use tiger skin for multiplayer instead of regular blitz tiger skin? I mean instead 205 tiger skin? Is there be a problem to replace it?

WOW this skins are awesome :O

Dunno specifically but changing skins only changes appearance and should not cause problems if that's what you ask.

Added the Opel because I love it

Thx nobody00:P

awesome things u brought here!!

Behold the animal Added the Kingtiger.

Awesome job mancer, all skins are very goods.
    One question ¿you can addapt your tiger skin for early tiger model?

Thx.
    Celeritas et subtilitas patrio (U.E.I)

great job mancer the skins look fantastic haven't seen this level of proffesionalism since 2007 on these forums. Its great to see new talent like yours devoting your time and effort to making custom skins for community use.

@ -250 wh div- Hmmm. I made the setup to have the early variant state and I only see bits and pieces covered in the early texture like the front light or the small round port cover (whatever it is) on the right turret side. Otherwise it looks to me the same as without activated states. Did I miss something? I can remember thinkering with early and late variants before doing the skins i made a real mess with paths....

If there are really no other differences you can do it real easy. Changing the texture paths in thze rgm from the early tex to the base one gives you the change you need.

Help me out. Cand you send me a pic how your early variant looks like ingame? front back sides? Im confused now.

@ hnunez wow thanks.... Im far from a pro i just make this as a hobby.

Otherwise i made a small mistake, the KT barrel has a small dark line at left side. Same place where the muzzle brake is in the texture and it has moved accidentally. Ill correct it asap, just noticed when 3 KTs dozered thru the map at 4am))

Posted a v1.1 of the KT but ill leave the old one there at least for a while. Barrel line is not there but a tiny bit of the kill markings is on the muzzle brake. Otherwise the same.

Something I have done lately. And I am working on a hungarian tiger aswell.
    Last edited by mancer; 30th Jan 13 at 11:38 AM. Reason: removed link

Looks very good. Who would be that clever to develop a Hungarian mod for CoH? )

Ego rises XD

33. Modding Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member  #33
    Great looking skins mate, keep up the good work!

I have reworked all Tiger I skins again with many detailing. Zimmerit added with normal map, new grill cover, less dark engine area, new track texture, reworked wheels, etc.... Too much to mention. I will post as it is ready I like to fiddle with things and take my time. And highlighted all edges too.

The yellow marked Tiger will be an Ace, still working on it with various ideas.

Edit: removed pictures that are obsolete.
    Last edited by mancer; 30th Jan 13 at 4:27 PM.

Omfg!!!! that reaper is awesome.

Added Tiger I pack v2.0 see top for info. Enjoy people.

Very nice skins mate ! Keep it up

4 hours in the s*ck just to get base layers and colors (almost) matching to not to have that scratchy base that relic gave us... Im starting to hate this

Just wait for different maps, light settings, day, night etc ^^

That Stug looks great! Btw don't you think that the Ostwind's tower is too dark in comprasion with the other parts?

@Pfuscher Dont even start, i just hate the heavy rain XDDDDD
    @Tiger Im just swithing on off layers now. Tower will match And you dont come up to skype, i want to ask so COME ON :P

Edit: ostwind will be redone, i realized its ugly as hell.... I hope to make the 4 at one time since they have 50% parts in common. The PIV is close ready.

Tip: Have em all in the same direction. Lightning comes from one side in coh and the tanks look different accordingly

I always move and turn them to check things. Good old habit.

How it looks so far. Any1 knows about zimmerit on the turret sides even partially? Would look good.

can you post a download link for the stug pls?

Not finished yet only the color were matched together.

I would try a stronger bumpmap on the zimmerit, it looks a little painted on it.

If I recall correctly, most armor didn't get zimmerit on the turrets/superstructure, but I am not 100% positive. Looking good

I would try a stronger bumpmap on the zimmerit, it looks a little painted on it.
    There is no normal map at all on this yet.

Ive bben thru some books and archives and cannot find 1 with zimmerited turret. Maybe I just do it for the lower half just for the hell of it (as I always tend to in no matter which game)

Found this:
    "Note that if you do add zimmerit the turret does NOT
    have any attached as it would add weight and would have
    slowed it down when traversing, a problem most armored turrets
    had when tracking enemy air targets."
    Last edited by mancer; 31st Jan 13 at 9:08 PM.

It's maybe, because at this time Zimmerit are no more applied, so only the chassis has it sometimes, if a chassis with Zimmerit was used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information