Homeworld 2: Fleets v1.4
by Disorder (email@example.com)
Fleets is a simple modification that disables all initial production facilities (mothership etc) and gives each team a large assortment of ships which can be used to destroy the enemy in well thought attacks. These are the only ships that each team will get, so they must be taken care of and used sparingly.
You are a field general assigned to the farthest border skirmishes within your empire, you have no systems link with your mothership and all production orders are cut off. Your shipyard has only basic repair capability but you have numurous forces ready to strike at your enemy.
* Doubled every ships armour value so it lasts 2x longer.
* Removed the capital ships except for the shipyard (production disabled)
* Added a variety of assault craft to startup.
* Fighters and corvettes starting with only 1 member, they should now launch imediately.
* Increased rear armour damage for all ships, with greater amounts on larger ships.
* Decreased over all fleet size a bit to reduce lag.
* Tweaked many armour values for balancing.
* Removed Lance Fighter and Ion Frigate for balance.
* Increased Battlecruiser and Destroyer speeds a little.
* Added 2 Carriers to fleet to help carry Fighters & Corvettes
* Tweaked Carrier values a little.
* Added a Scout to each fleet.
* Increased Carrier strength by 100,000
* Increased Shipyard strength by 200,000
This is a mod aimed at putting more fun into MP and skirmish games, and allowing the player to think more about war instead of construction.
Every battle should be an epic, every death remembered and at the end of each game, you dont want to be dissapointed. I went about making this mod to share with everyone and it allows the user to hone his/her tactics in a duel to the death, a 3d game of chess if you will. I hope its great fun for you!
Comments are more than welcome.