Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Homeworld Remastered Information, Release 25/02/2015.

Homeworld Remastered Information, Release 25/02/2015.

Release date: RELEASED
    Price: $34.99 on Steam Storepage, no word on GOG release.

High Resolution images from this Gamespot article and this article from Gamewatcher
    http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/...astered_07.jpg
    http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/...astered_04.jpg
    http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/...astered_05.jpg
    http://d1vnh8mbrp67em.cloudfront.net...astered_01.jpg

Also Multiplayer isn't going to ship complete with this game instead its going to ship with a beta of it that will be updated based on player feed back.

Launch Trailer

TotalBiscuits Thoughts on the remaster (gameplay isn't brilliant but this a good video if your undecided if your picking the game up or not)

Some extra videos
    Video of 5 minutes of gameplay showing some of the 7th mission Garden of Kadesh and a little of homeworld 2s game play

Video of 35 minutes of gameplay from the panel

Full Video of the panel (Has the opening ingame cinematic for homeworld 1 @ 11:10 this also shows comparison between the original and new)

Scott Manleys playthrough of homeworld 1. Part 1

EnterElysium Playthrough of homeworld 2. Part 1

FAQ from ORCACommander, Thanks!

Questions:
    1. Where is Cataclysm!!!!!!!
    a. The Big problem arises from the Barking Dog sale. At some stage during the folding and mergers between BD, Rockstar Vancouver and Rockstar propper the source code to HW:C was lost. How it was lost is uncertain. Either mechanical failure of the drives without back ups, drivers were lost, or wiped are all possible. My instinct tells me they were wiped. HDD space was a big premium back in 2000, especially for small companies and the mergers wouldn’t help matters. Another potential issue is licensing but this unconfirmed. Signs point to GBX owning the license as demonstrated by trademark and copyright searches below.
    Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x332px.

Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x369px.

2. What the Hell is this Combined Multiplayer! I only want to play Classic version of X!
    a. Cool down. As seen from this screenshot of the PAX footage:
    b.
    Click this bar to view the original image of 800x450px.

c. Under options we have a game mode selector. This is going to give us at a minimum 3 options: Homeworld 1Classic Rule Set, Homeworld 2, Classic Rule Set, Homeworld Remastered Brawl Rule set. This brawl rule set is the one that will have battles between all 4 races. Meanwhile no matter the mode we share a lobby together, hugs anyone? Confirmed by Dev Here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...0&postcount=27

3. Will the preserved versions have Multiplayer Support.
    a. Unknown at this time but I would speculate the old LAN code to still be active

4. Amazon is showing a Ship Date in 2016 for my Collector’s Edition! WHYYYYY!!!!!
    a. Amazon is still updating their systems. Amazon policy is if you use prime 2 or 2 day and above you will get it on release day. Any slower shipping speeds and it is a gamble on that but should be no more than a week delay. If you want it for release day You have plenty of time to upgrade your shipping option. Also Amazon does not charge money on preorders until they are shipped.

5. What about mod tools?
    a. GBX is Very Enthusiastic about mod Support however mod tools will not be available on release because the tools are not finalized.

6. Where can I see gameplay footage?
    a. IGN seems to got exclusivity over the PAX South game demo here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4
    b. IGN Also has footage of the entire panel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4SEebWt3Q

7. I want to order the Collector’s Edition but I live in country X!
    a. At the time of writing the only place with any CE stock left is Amazon.co.uk. in there, there is USK and PEGI versions that can be shipped outside the United Kingdom.

8. Can you please make more CEs?
    a. GBX has repeatedly said that they are a one off and grossly underestimated demand. Oh well. Considering it took the US version 6 months to sell out I think the amount they made was a good call.

9. Is there a difference between the CE artbook and the Hardcover one announced at PAX South?
    a. Updated: 1/28/2015 CE is a small paper back novel type format. Hardcover one abot the size of a coffee table book
    Source: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...post1045538098

10. The Voices Sound Different what’s up with that?
    a. GBX has gotten the original cast to rerecord their lines as the original masters were not up to snuff. However there are two known exception and the first is the late Campbell Lane who voiced the Bentusi/Narrator. May he Rest in Peace. The second is the person who voiced Karen in HW2 is not returning but Heidi from HW 1 is.

11. Who is handling the voice and audio remasters?
    a. Who else but Paul Ruskay?

12. Are Homeworld 1 Fighters going to be Squadrons? I do not want squadrons in my HW 1 game!
    a. No official statement yet but the IGN footage of Kadesh indicate strongly that in singleplayer at the least hw 1 strike craft do not use squadrons.

13. Are there physical CDs.
    a. No everything is to be redeemed via Steam Code

14. Will there be Fuel?
    a. Ambiguous at this time

15. I have all these mods from the old days. Will they Still work
    a. Most likely not with the remastered copies. The mod creators or you will need to update the mods to be compatible. As for the classic versions it may be hit and miss since they are getting bug updates and balance tweaks.

16. I saw the HW1 resource collector latching NOOOOO. I want my PDA's.
    a. while PDAs will have a place in our hearts GBX couldn't get them to work in the hw2.5 engine without breaking resourcing completely. thus they decided to make sure you had a working resourcing system

17. Will "Homeworld" by Yes still be in the end credits?
    a. Unknown at this time. GBX is really hard to get a comment out on possible licensing issues.

18. I saw Lotion Blur and DoF effects can they be turned off?
    a. Yes! there appears to be an exhaustive video options menu:
    Please see pax gameplay capture for options menu

19. will resources auto harvest at end of mission.
    a. largely unknown right now. however the pax panel showed some time compression. this may be dev use only though.
    Last edited by die harder; 26th Feb 15 at 3:58 AM.
    I'm am modder not much else to say, You can contact me through Moddb (Rapid107) through Tanis or the GearBox official Homeworld forums.

This seems more like it should be in GD.

A couple things came to mind while watching the video:
    1. Will there be an option to turn off the distance blur?
    2. I didn't see any Turanic Raider ships fighting Vaygr ships. Do you have a time index I can look for?

Homeworld 1 Remastered (ModDB link)
    CFHodEd (newest version, 4.0.2.4)

3. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #3
    I moved this here on request. If there are any Homeworld fans still about the place, they need to look at this (and I know there are).

4. General Discussions Senior Member  #4
    terrible, terrible damage Starfisher's Avatar
    Been waiting for this to come out for a while. February would be awesome.

Looking forward to getting these games again! Whooo! Need more gameplay video!

Holy shit those screenshots look amazing.

@ajlsunrise The shots are the ones with the missile corvette and the swarmer, try 3:30 and 3:32.
    This is a test signature.

8. General Discussions Senior Member  #8
    I thought the remastered screenshots look a little bland tbh.

Are the screenshots only in the video or are there links to view them directly?

Only in the video.
    -Ulti-

I teleported home one night,
    With Ron and Sid and Meg.
    Ron stole Meggie's heart away,
    And I got Sidney's leg.

Ok, thanks Lurch for the time indices. I completely missed those, or didn't look close enough at them. It does appear that way though.

12. General Discussions Senior Member  #12
    terrible, terrible damage Starfisher's Avatar
    HW screenshots always feel bleh to me. It's only when I'm in the game and zooming around that it feels epic and awesome. I'll buy it for the Garden and Cathedral alone if they do it right.

13. Homeworld Senior Member  #13

Quote Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
    Whats homeworld?
    A furniture distributor.

In Australia it's a building/display home company.

I just love how we are about two months from release and they still haven't release the system requirements yet.
    Imperial Guard... uhh... The bastard child of Orks and Eldar that was adopted by the Tau?
    -Kitanisha

It's a remaster of a 2003 game. Do you really expect the system requirements are going to matter?

FF yes yes they will. Because it seems that they've gone for up to 4K resolutions and totally done over the visual code - this could make the demands for the remastered version quite significant - esp in battles (always the downside of RTS isn't just making the engine, but making one that works with all the multiple units on the map fighting at the same time).

Aw man, hearing Campbell Lane's re-mastered voice got me sad again.

Looking pretty damn good though.

yes Reki, I'm still around and also apart of the gear box forum. Lots of folks are showing up to check in and are or have check out what's available. It's amazing to see Guru's, SLS, FL's, OMO's and many others.
    Katha secret of immortality is to be found in purification of the heart, in meditation, in realization of the identity of the Self within and Brahman without. For immortality is simply union with God

The moddability. I really hope they cough up some answers to that, at least on launch day. I'm ok with them keeping it under wraps til then, but fingers crossed we get a new mod SDK of some kind, or at least can do what we were able to before hand, in terms of TCs.

-Stefan-

I can't see anything new in that video. What should I be looking for?

[edit]

Never mind. But I'm not really impressed either. An updated interceptor model and some focal blur? And there should not really be any focal blur at these distances unless the lenses of your eyes are also 1m in diameter.
    Last edited by Mikali; 14th Nov 14 at 5:29 PM.
    Download my Homeworld mods, maps & tools. link
    Username|SF on Gamespy/Xfire/Hamachi/Gameranger

Im gonna have some fun destroying all of you again all shall bow before the might of the The Fallen Lords )
    and reki put on some pants bro no one wants to stare at u lol.

Quit
    Hell, I don't even need to see screens - for me this is definitely gonna be an insta-buy. The original versions of H1 and H2 made compatible with new PCs/OS would be enough for me already, but they're adding a remastered versions! How sweet. The only thing that would put me off buying it would be insanely stupid high price - which I hope won't be the case.

25. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #25
    wow spyder, it's like a Homeworld reunion over on the Gearbox forums. Amazing all these dolts are still about after 15 years.

Check it out if you used to play on WON: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/fo...play.php?f=188

Yes its amazing that we are still talking about a game we played in the early 2000's. And yes the clands are checking in which is great to see. Will I buy the re-mastered version, not sure yet, need more details as to platforms like mac's. Thanks for posting the link so peeps that troll have some where to go so, LOL. I'm not sure how many HW players know about the re-make coming to reality, besides the few that visit the forms. Now peeps know.
    Last edited by coldspyderSLS; 9th Dec 14 at 2:04 PM.

Never mind. But I'm not really impressed either. An updated interceptor model and some focal blur? And there should not really be any focal blur at these distances unless the lenses of your eyes are also 1m in diameter.
    Some of you folks have gotten cold.

Seriously, you guys.

HOMEWORLD IS COMING BACK.

WE GET TO PLAY ONLINE AGAIN.
    "In Italy under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." -Orson Welles

Sing it Popo! I'll take you all on in some Homeworld online multiplayer.

Of course, I'll lose horribly, but it will be fun!

I be Alpha_1_SLS most places. Alpha_1's Avatar
    What do you mean again, with game ranger and tunngle it is still being played.
    There is power in words.

They better not have changed the music.

This is an auto-buy when it's out, especially since my current copy is broken.
    There are no decent galactic dating services. To succeed at romance, you have to talk to people.

Well, I disappear for several years and look what happens. Should be good,
    considering neither game has worked for me for a very long time. Bring it!
    My direction, not my intention, will determine my destination. - A.S.

33. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #33
    /raises Hand

Jeez, reunion here as well

@ Handarazuur, Well, I disappear for several years and look what happens. Should be good,
    considering neither game has worked for me for a very long time. Bring it!

Funny but it only plays on my very old dell, HW1 that is.

Y'all,

There is a Homeworld HD behind the scenes panel at PAX South on Sunday. I think epic things will occur.

Also, as soon as I get a decent computer again, I am restarting my BrickSpace mod. I am so excited for Homeworld Remastered.
    Oh, and guys, the official pax south lanyards are HOMEWORLD.
    Asked a question of rob Cunningham at PAX panel re: how much are they going back and consulting the original reference manual from hw1, he says yes, they are.

You guys I am in Homeworld heaven.

-Stefan-
    Last edited by Sastrei; 24th Jan 15 at 12:47 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/pax

Will be where Gearbox will be streaming today in about ~45 mins or so.

Nova, are you here at PAX? We should totally hang out, I have no one to nerd out about Homeworld with!

who the fuck is in charge of the camera?

<Hyperian> yes treb
    <Hyperian> teach me how to be a player like you
    <treb|coffee> 1. learn to dance 2. be yourself 3. treat them as friends
    <Hyperian> those dont work

GENTLEMEN.

BEHOLD.

nahh Sastrei, I'm still up in Fort Worth. I couldnt get down to PAX due to work shenanigans.

41. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #41
    Release Date: 25 Feb, 2015
    Nice...

Also that **** that's whooping that needs stabbing.

In honour of the moment its time to kick back and listen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJkoBNOPvjU

Soo close to the launch!

Well thats could have gone badly wrong.... Is that guy younger than the game though?

Wow. Looks like they put a LOT of work into this. sm

Again with the video title getting messed up. *sigh* (It said "Homeward")

Apart from that, magnificent ! That panning shot through the HW2 battle is precisely why I still have HW2 installed (for the skirmish, not for the campaign). Explosions with bits of debris, fighter and missile contrails, capital ships going critical... It's a shame I spend most of my time zoomed out on the strategic level to keep an eye on things. I might play the campaign just so I can enjoy the eye candy while waiting for the completely predictable fights.

I think the first 40 seconds of the trailer are perfect, setting the tone and everything. But it could have used more than 5 seconds of action, with more HW1 in the mix and such.

I wonder if we can still mod bits of the game. I remember the original HW2 release let us use Excel to make substantial changes to ship properties, even letting fighters hyperspace and such.
    Last edited by Kushan_Pilot; 26th Jan 15 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Video title was fixd.

Sierra/VG's Homeworld, Cataclysm, and HW 2 Moderator (Closed)

48. Modding Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #48
    It does say mod tool support, though to what extent those tools appear in is anyone's guess. Anyone got any information from lurking the Gearbox forums / talking with Gearbox people?
    I am an Iron Warrior. Iron Within, Iron Without.

What's Homeworld? :P
    Look at the bright side, kid - you get to keep all the money.

Here it is.

Fully ingame footage.
    Remastered models, textures. Resampled audio.

New UI.

Spoiler alert I guess if you want to wait until February to be blown away

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information