Screenshot Dump Thread

Screenshot Dump Thread

Post your screenshots in here and marvel at the beauty that gearbox brought to the Homeworld Universe. After a couple of days of playing I can't get over this is all running on the HW2 engine as a base with shader and rendering updates.

Last edited by Vipey; 3rd Apr 15 at 8:05 AM. Reason: Rehashing.

Oh come one, we asked them for time compression ala Cataclysm to make campaign resourcing less tedious and they didn't even institute the HW2 post-mission collection method? That's a little too much purism right there. I like deciding when to leave, but...I still need to let my computer sit for a couple hours after some missions? Ugh.

Well...it's preferable to being forced along.

Thanks for the pic . I'm still downloading.

Sierra/VG's Homeworld, Cataclysm, and HW 2 Moderator (Closed)

You know I could have SWORN I saw videos of time compression. Idk what happened but the feature was clearly not left in the game

The Auto Collect function from HW2 is being used in HW1 now. So when you hyperspace everything gets collected. sm

Thanks for the clarification .

After looking at my captured Turanic corvettes.. Noticed this little addition to their missile corvette missiles.

Hahahaha I noticed that! Totally something gearbox would do lol.

That's a nice touch .

Very Turanic.
    I don't know what i'm talking about, ignore me.

Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

10. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #10
    Can you stick around gathering your fleet despite autocollect? Or does is jump you away in nil seconds?

I haven't noticed autocollect for HW1, but you can stick around as long as you like.

12. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #12
    And HW2 (remastered)?

HW1 Remaster has autocollect. I deliberately left resources behind to see. It doesn't blatantly tell you, but the second your ships finish docking, your RU counter will jump up.

Very delayed Edit: It turns out Autocollect and even regular harvesting are messed up. But patches are working on it.
    Last edited by Kushan_Pilot; 7th Mar 15 at 6:45 PM.

There's always a lighthouse... Stingra's Avatar
    An ancient starship, buried in the sands...
    I'm just so used to loitering after the mission ends that it honestly doesn't bother me to wait. Sea of Lost Souls was the only mission where it seemed to take forever.

But yes, to get back on topic (and yes, this might be a bit sad and fanboyish) but I had a shiver run down my spine and felt my eyes start to mist up during the Mothership launch sequence. It really brought back the memories and it just looks so goddamn stunning.
    Those Halcyon Days...

It really is.

The Taidanni have never looked so cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamme View Post
    It really is.

dat taiidan battlecruiser

beautiful

Account Suspended
    God damn, that is nice. I wish my x386 could run this shit.

"HW1 Remaster has autocollect. I deliberately left resources behind to see. It doesn't blatantly tell you, but the second your ships finish docking, your RU counter will jump up."

It doesn't collect everything, only some of it. In M5, "auto" gave me 2K; hanging around gave 10k.

That's...

Where do we mention these things, where they will see it?

There's always a lighthouse... Stingra's Avatar
    An ancient starship, buried in the sands...
    I would assume the Gearbox forums.

Also, took this before I moved all my ships around and got too far in before I remembered how to remove the HUD.

Spoiler

Never played the originals. As a fan of most Relic games and RTS generally, this is the video game equivalent of meeting a long-lost relative. Enjoying it immensely and seeing its influence in other games - from Strike Suit Zero (which even uses similar music) to Sins of a Solar Empire to even the original Halo (not sure why, something about the atmosphere and immersion for some reason). I got up to Cathedral of Kadesh before dying. Quickly realized that I was not making enough resource collectors and had too small a fleet and too little in the bank by that point. So had to reload back to Great Wastelands to more patiently build up a larger force.

Really happy to see 17,000 on at peak times in the first couple days and hoping MP turns into something special with a remastered community as well. From playing Sins, a lot of the controls and unit counters seem very intuitive but I'm wishing (or else haven't found yet) a couple of controls were in this game. Double-click to select all of a unit type is nice and the top left icon to show all of your fleet broken into ship type is good, but from there you can't select anything. It takes me too long to find my resource collectors and they sometimes need babysitting when they seem to be taking an unscheduled break. Other than mousing over ships at random I guess there is no way to pick specific types in order to locate them? The fleet overview you can pull up would be great for this. And finally, it seems there is no shift or control attack move to queue up focus firing different targets one after the other?
    Evolve or Die...I choose to evolve.
    Steam: Ekko Tek

Zoom right out, the green boxes that show are distinctive, also zooming in enough in sensors manager, (spacebar), should produce these too.

24. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #24
    Logic_Bomb I'll generally assign my harvesters to group 9 for that very reason.

25. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member The Workshop Senior Member  #25
    Taking it slow, just starting HW:R M3. I am enjoying every minute and doing loads of screenshots. Except for waiting for the resourcing to finish...

@Logic_Bomb: Assign them to a group (groups 9 or 10 are good ones) like JAL suggested, or pressing tab can activate an overview which puts icons around ships to make them easier to identify. Resource collectors have a diamond shape IIRC. Double clicking on one unit selects all units of the same type onscreen.

Yup, thanks - a hotkey 9 will do nicely. Should be easier as well for all ship selection once their icon shape gets memorized.

Just got to the Ghost Ship mission. Thought I'd share a pic here.

Edit: Success. Picture was first attempt, when I expected only a few ships. 2nd attempt was made after reloading. Lost most of my corvettes, including the Turanic Raider ships. 30 of the 50 bombers I built just for the Ghost Ship. What'd I gain? A Missile Destroyer, an Ion Array Frigate, 2 Multi-Beam Frigates and...let's see here...50 Taiidan Assault Frigates. I'm thinking the future missions will be ridiculous if I keep them, though. Hmm.
    Last edited by Kushan_Pilot; 27th Feb 15 at 5:38 PM.

29. General Discussions Senior Member The Studio Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #29
    Try them and find out just how ridiculous they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Kushan_Pilot View Post
    Just got to the Ghost Ship mission. Thought I'd share a pic here.

Edit: Success. Picture was first attempt, when I expected only a few ships. 2nd attempt was made after reloading. Lost most of my corvettes, including the Turanic Raider ships. 30 of the 50 bombers I built just for the Ghost Ship. What'd I gain? A Missile Destroyer, an Ion Array Frigate, 2 Multi-Beam Frigates and...let's see here...50 Taiidan Assault Frigates. I'm thinking the future missions will be ridiculous if I keep them, though. Hmm.
    Ghost ship level had the most awesome nebula skybox in the whole game IMO.

Enjoying it immensely and seeing its influence in other games - from Strike Suit Zero (which even uses similar music)
    That's because its the same composer.

Some more screenshots.

I don't know what the pattern is. There are at least three distinct paint schemes, plus the elite black. Some stay native, others go a strange red or pink, and some take the Kushan colors.

"Yoink!"

Grabbing a couple DD's and the HC is surprisingly easy. The Bentusi ship is invincible for a short time. If no shots are fired, the Taiidan don't react at all. But be ready to swoop down on the remainder; a short time after this shot takes place, the Bentusi are no longer invulnerable. I believe I was able to kite the 3rd DD long enough to snag it as well.

Agreed. Gearbox did a great job in respecting the original art, I think.

Last edited by RadiantMonolith; 1st Mar 15 at 2:21 AM.

I sent 70 defenders at the ghost ship.

It worked.

Also looks like I need to bust out some almost 4k screenshots.

at which settings are you playing?

36. Technical Help Senior Member Modding Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #36
    The game looks amazing in 4k!

Took this gem after a little modding and gave myself a couple of keepers during the Kadeshi missions.

Hm. The only complaint I have about the HWR art is that in HW1, the strike craft all had fairly obvious RCS ports, whereas in HWR some of them have been... altered. Especially on the corvettes.

Otherwise, I love the art. The models are perfect, and the textures for the most part are phenomenal.

Thread Information