Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How do fighters and corvettes get fixed?

Allright. Now i can see.

At 900 meters the value of 1 degree equals 16 meter's. A bit of measuring of that image says that assuming the turanic fighter is similar in size to the HW2 ones, then yes that miss cone is around 1 degree across.

However i just did some tests myself and confirmed the angle appears to be hardcoded for remaster at 1 degree. Also the distribution is not random, it always scatters misses the maximum possible either up or down , then a random amount to the a random side.

So yeah you can't simulate HW1 in remastered as it is now.

It was part of a test to see if RNG missed shots could be made to deal damage; Which turned out false. Missed shots didn't actually deal any damage despite the weapon specifying a DamageHealth effect for a "miss."
    This is used to add random firing to flak bursts. The flak still bursts at the right distance so as a result it still does damage, it just looks more random in placement, (because it is).
    I don't know what i'm talking about, ignore me.

Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

SAAA
    I'm pretty sure missed shot can deal damage, you just have to write it like this:

Code:
    StartWeaponConfig(NewWeaponType,"AnimatedTurret","Bullet","Kinetic_Small","Normal",2000,3000,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0.001,0,0,1,0,55,55,0.1,"Normal",1,0,0);
    AddWeaponResult(NewWeaponType,"Hit","DamageHealth","Target",72*0.9,72*0.9,"");
    --AddWeaponResult(NewWeaponType,"Miss","DamageHealth","Target",72*0.9,72*0.9,"");
    setPenetration(NewWeaponType,5,1,
    {Unarmoured=0.71},
    {LightArmour=0.89},
    {PlanetKillerArmour=0});
    setAccuracy(NewWeaponType,1,
    --{Fighter=0.137},
    {Fighter=0.0000000000001},
    {Corvette=0.135},
    {munition=0.1},
    {Frigate=0.8,damage=1},
    {SmallCapitalShip=0.6,damage=1},
    {BigCapitalShip=0.6,damage=1},
    {ResourceLarge=0.6,damage=1});
    setAngles(NewWeaponType,1,-150,150,-10,60);
    --setMiscValues(NewWeaponType,1.5,0);
    addAnimTurretSound(NewWeaponType,"Data:Sound/SFX/ETG/SPECIAL/SPECIAL_ABILITIES_TURRET_ON");
    I'm not sure if uncommenting the line
    --AddWeaponResult(NewWeaponType,"Miss","DamageHealth","Target",72*0.9,72*0.9,"");
    would make it crash or not at this point but damage is applied for certain even with misses, maybe it works and you can apply a different damage with the same weapon... I've no time to check right now.

is it the miss cone that is hard coded to 1 degree? because if yer saying the cone of attack is hard coded to that limit then that cannot be right as if you set the set angles to say 0.0001 it will shoot significantly less often, even in a strait line chase.

Read what i wrote. I said miss cone. I took note of your prior post .

EDIT:

@SAAA: I know that. The problem isn't damaging, it's hitting.

fair enough so are we saying the the miss cone is ultimatly anywehere between zero and the cone of attack? say if cone fo attack is 3 degrees then the miss will be between 1 and 3 degrees or do we still think the miss cone is completely independent?

Miss cone used to be = to attack cone in HW2 origional. Now in remastered it seems to be hardcoded at a single value, (i.e. it dosen;t vary based on anything we can alter, it's set in the non-moddable code), which i'm estimating to be 1 degree. In addition the distribution within that cone is non-random, so even if we could mod the cone value it wouldn't do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by SAAA View Post
    I'm pretty sure missed shot can deal damage, you just have to write it like this:

Code:
    {Frigate=0.8,damage=1},
    I've found that flag to actually have no effect at all; Even with damage=0 or the lack of the flag entirely missed shots still do damage when they do happen to hit a target (Ie. collide against the side of a carrier).

Quote Originally Posted by SAAA View Post
    I'm not sure if uncommenting the line
    would make it crash or not...
    It doesn't cause a crash, but it doesn't effect much either.
    Kiith Paktu on the Steam Workshop and

I've found that flag to actually have no effect at all; Even with damage=0 or the lack of the flag entirely missed shots still do damage when they do happen to hit a target (Ie. collide against the side of a carrier).
    I'll check into this in the morning but the flag DID used to work in original HW2.

SAAA
    This situation is great actually: every weapon hits when the bullet collide even with a miss, so all we need to fix the engine is to have access to the miss spread cone, either a new value (6th) in the set angles for the weapon or if the flag "damage" is not just ignored it should be easy to have that set a different spread, close to zero rather than 1 degree. This doesn't seem impossible to do but we need to contact the developers... the plus side is that you could make it work for HW1 weapons but not HW2 races so that both preserve their gameplay!

So, for making nBSG-style fighter rotation and shooting, couldn't you just make fighters a turret? Have an invisible point-sized ship with the fighter as a turret with 360x360 rotation.

I recall that in the original HW ships didn't have to be pointed in the direction they were accelerating.
    There one moment, and there the next.

Wow...Thats actually not bad as idea's go. unless we get all the remastered assets to play with or somone creates a working hod editor where not going to be able to do that straight away. But it should work...

Thats just pure genius....

12. General Discussions Senior Member The Studio Senior Member Boardwars Senior Member  #112
    The only issue is that it actually would make it so fighters don't have to point in a direction at all related to their acceleration. So maybe slightly less than 360x360 rotation; say, 120x120 degrees, and just say they've got massively great thrust vectoring capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    The only issue is that it actually would make it so fighters don't have to point in a direction at all related to their acceleration. So maybe slightly less than 360x360 rotation; say, 120x120 degrees, and just say they've got massively great thrust vectoring capability.
    I'm pretty sure ships in HW1 could accelerate regardless of facing. Remember how fighters would dance around in a small area to evade even if they weren't moving anywhere or how corvettes would strafe around targets?

Thats actually not bad as idea's go. unless we get all the remastered assets to play

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information