Inspired more than a little by the classic Homeworld Shipyards site, I've been putting together a data file parsing program that can generate websites. I've turned it loose on the HWRM data files, and while it's not yet polished enough to turn lose on the gearbox forums, I'd like to put it up here. Here you go.
It's really rough.
- I don't have a pretty stylesheet for it yet, so expect that to change eventually. The Homeworld:@ reference site has an example of this.
- It's firepower reporting is inaccurate for anything with multi-barrel weapons, I can fix that but it's labor intensive. I'm going to try to fix it in a way that won't have to be redone every time I do a reparse for patches, but that'll take some coding time.
- Currently localized names are only being loaded for about half the ships, that's going to take an unknown amount of troubleshooting.
- Ability info isn't being processed and displayed yet. That's on the to-do, along with contextual info segments about it.
- Oh whoops the firepower grid doesn't account for squadron size. Will work on that.
- Screenshots and storytext can be added, somewhat HWShipyards style, but that's pretty labor intensive too. The Homeworld:@ reference site has an example of this.
- Special abilities like heavy corvette burst or the various permutations of torp frigate torps are a real pain in the butt and I'm not sure how I'll ever get them working right.
Layout and usability feedback is welcome.