How to connect 2 home computers w/o LAN

How to connect 2 home computers w/o LAN

My brother and I used play vCOH and EaW via a LAN but since our ISP switched out modems we can no longer play H2H at home.

Is there another way to connect our 2 laptops without some online server, like Game Ranger?

Thanks for any help!

After nearly 10 years of CoH, nobody has even a suggestion? Interesting....

As far as I know there are programs to do that...You can try Hamachi (creates LAN network over the internet), my friends and I have also played CoH via Tunngle. Or isn't it possible to play over local Wifi - I think that should work too. Or if you want to play just 1vs1 (meaning only two players + possible AI) you can connect the laptops directly via internet cable.

To do this, you need to set up a few things:
    1) connect laptops with the cable
    2) Go to - Start\ Control Panels\ Network and Internet\ Network connections and sharing center\ (now click on "Change adapter settings")\now right-click on Connection to local network and choose "properties".
    3) Click on the "Networks" tab -> choose "Protocol IP version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click "Properties"
    4) Now click on the "Use the following IP address" and put in:
    - IP address: 192.168.0.1
    - Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    5) Set the other laptop in the same way, only set the last number of the IP to something else (like 192.168.0.2) - both computers must NOT havethe same IP, otherwise it won't work.

Also when you're done playing, don't forget to return the laptops' network settings as they were before, otherwise you'll most probably wil be unable to connect to the internet/wifi/work network...

PS: My Windows run on the CZ localization so when I reffer to paths, I tried to traslate them. They might be called a bit differently in ENG version or whatever localization you have.

Buy a cheap, wireless router.

TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button

Do not use Hamachi or anything like that when you are in the same house.

Thread Information