[Tutorial] Setting up a Skin Pack

[Tutorial] Setting up a Skin Pack

Thank you so much Eli... a much needed resource.

You're welcome! Glad to be of help.

To the best of your knowledge, is there any way to edit CoH2 .rgt? Convert > Edit > Convert Back > Manually Overwrite?

I'm dying to lose the gold Tiger Ace!

Would also like to ask if you know of a way to view your modded skins (wrapped on the models) without actually loading the game up. (Cheat Mod is a life saver for the Tiger Ace, that could take a while without)

...btw, I sent you a Steam invite. Feel free to decline without feeling badly.

The Mod Builder converts for you, but only the diffuse files. You can use the command line to convert extracted .rgt files using burn.exe, for the others.

I do not believe so, but I have heard a few people talking about being able to do so in Photoshop. Of course, we would need converted .rgm files for that.

hi eliw00d, thanks for your tutorials. i need your help one more time.

I don't want make a skin pack, just put custom skins as forced ebps skins (like as tiguer skin) in my propertybaggrouppack mod. I followed your steps but when i build, my mod disappears.

I put my modified .tga file in this path: C:\Mod Coh2\data\art\armies\soviet\vehicles\is2m_heavy_tank\skins\0a03c219a3404197b2c26e975ebc51fd_summer for test a is2 skin.
    also i added the burn settings for rgt but dont work.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by RAIDEN-46; 25th Oct 15 at 12:16 PM.

Skins are only allowed in skin packs. Sorry.

ok.
    any way to force the default skin?? the default skin for soviets, usf and british are green (diferent green tone but green) if i can't put custom skins the best option is force his default skin. how can i do it?

it's posible create a skin pack affecting the USF vehicles, Soviet vehicles and British vehicles together?
    Last edited by RAIDEN-46; 25th Oct 15 at 1:30 PM.

You can use skin_pack_override in the ui_ext of the entity, and then type the name of an EXISTING folder (such as summer, winter).

Yes, a skin can affect every faction, just change the attributes of the skin_pack.

yes, i know the ui_ext in ebps and the skin_pack_override option, the problem is that the default skin dont have any existing folder. You can see what I mean in the next screenshot: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/...s%20soviet.png
    there are any way to force the default skin??

after the release ill try to do a skin pack for my allied army. i can't wait to show you my mod, maybe 3 or 4 more weeks...

thanks for all your help eliw00d.

You could try leaving the summer/winter parts blank. Other than that, no.

I tried leaving the summer/winter parts blank but does't work, also i tried to clone a skin pack with the same name and remove server item and store item, but does't work. in my last attempt ill try to set summer/winter with 0000 number, dont exist any folder with that number but WORKS!!!!

to force the default skin:
    epbs/ui_ext
    skin_pack_override: true
    skin_summer: faction_0000_summer
    skin_winter: faction_0000_winter

Thread Information