Let's Play Star Ruler 2 - The Best Damn Space 4X You've Never Heard Of

Let's Play Star Ruler 2 - The Best Damn Space 4X You've Never Heard Of

Suddenly a Let's Play!

Once again I delve into the world of documented failure and bring to you a game, that odds are, you've never heard of. Star Ruler 2? What the hell was Star Ruler 1? I don't know! It doesn't matter, because SR2 is just awesome. In fact, it isn't hyperbole to say that this is one of the best damn space 4X games I've ever played. And I've played a lot of them. Most of them mediocre to bad. This one is different in that it chucks most of the Master of Orion staples out the window. Turn-based? Nope. Boring late game? Nope. Economy that spirals out of control? Nope. Excessive ship design re-designing as you unlock better technologies? Nope. Boring combat? Nope!

Now I'll stop singing its praises and you can see for yourself. I'll be playing a full game of conquer the... sector, as it's a rather small map (55 systems) against five hard AI. The only house rule is that I don't have to exterminate every opponent and I can vassal them to save time in having to smash every planet once it is clear a certain sucker has been beaten. Beyond that, everything goes according to the setting which I will lay out in the first episode. Which begins... now:

Episode 1: Alien Nation

If you're interested in Star Ruler 2, you can find it on Steam where it's been sitting, hidden from the general populace, for a year now:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282590/

Episode 2: Damn Saar!

Episode 3: Diplomancy

4. Gamers Lounge Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member  #4
    It's an excellent game. having a flagship that manages/requests its own fleet is a good shout. plus the planet tier system is a nice twist, means even a large empire can be temporarily stunted by a raid on a small but important planet

The Wake of the Heralds expansion made this LP obsolete, therefore I'm canceling and going back to the ancient world, where I belong: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthre...-Roman-Machine

Thread Information