No Video ?

No Video ?

My old music PC kept shutting down just like another pc that I have and that was a power supply issue so I Bought a new power supply and a 2tb drive for my old music PC, did a clean install of win 7 enterprise and when the pc turns on I get no video.

I have everything connected properly but thought it was the video card so I switched it with another, still no video.

Used another monitor still no video.
    If the motherboard were dead would the other components like fans and power supply still turn on ?

Anyone no what it could be ?
    strange...as wonderfull as it may be,i'm still...up here... floating...and no one even seems to notice.

2. Child's Play Donor Forum Subscriber  #2
    Have you tried video via your on board graphic card?

If the motherboard were dead would the other components like fans and power supply still turn on ?
    That depends on which parts of the MB died, but usually fans & PSU will still work even if a critical part is dead. If it beeps when you turn it on, do a search for "bios beep codes" for whatever make your MB is, it should tell you what is wrong.

The solution is most often to replace the MB.

I don't have on board video.
    The pch.com doesn't beep.

If the motherboard is the problem, one possible cause might be that the CMOS battery is dead. It would be simpler and less expensive to get a new battery to see if that makes a difference rather than replacing the motherboard.

Thread Information