If you are comfortable editing the Windows registry, you may make
the same change to the registry as the GAME_WHL.REG file does.
Follow the instructions below:
NOTE: For information about how to edit the registry, view the
"Changing Keys And Values" on line Help topic in the Registry
Editor (REGEDIT.EXE). Make a backup copy of the registry
files (SYSTEM.DAT and USER.DAT) before you edit the registry.
WARNING: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly may cause symptoms
requiring a reinstallation of Windows 95/98, NT 4.0.
Logitech cannot guarantee that issues resulting from the
incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use the
Registry Editor at your own discretion. The Registry
Editor should only be used to make the following
modifications. Please follow the instructions below:
- Click the "Start" button on the Windows Desktop and select
- On the Open line, type C:\WINDOWS\REGEDIT.EXE and press [ENTER].
- From the Registry Editor screen, double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Double click on SOFTWARE.
- Double click on Logitech.
- Double click on MouseWare.
- Double click on CurrentVersion.
- Single click on Technical and information should be displayed on
the right side of the Registry Editor screen.
- Under the Name column, double click on the "MouseHookDLLEnable"
entry and the Edit String Dialogue box should appear.
- Modify the Value Data line to read "0", and click the "OK" button
- Exit the Registry editor (saving is automatic).
- Restart the system.
Your game software should now be able to properly use your Logitech